Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Cheaper Camera Accessories Prices in Shanghai

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    308

    Default Cheaper Camera Accessories Prices in Shanghai

    I gained a lot of knowledges/references from this forum and tot I would like to share what I discovered.

    I was in Shanghai and bought some camera accessories with, I think, a better price. No intention to sabo those MO(s) in the consumer section, I personally bought some from there, too. Also, I am in not in anywhere related to the shop mentioned below.

    Simply just want to share. Did not even bargain as I tot the prices were good enough for me already and further bargain would the most save me 1 or 2 SGD! I later discovered that the prices I paid were the same as their prices on the website.

    1. Matin Neoprene neck strap @RMB70
    http://www.shyq.com.cn/products.asp?id=1092

    2. Matin Hand Grip III (leather) @RMB120
    http://www.shyq.com.cn/products.asp?id=1023

    3. Benro MP66 monopod @RMB200
    http://benro.cn/newEbiz1/Boot/Produc...rName=BigImage

    4. 5-in-1 80cm Reflector @RMB80

    5. 77cm Collapsible Rubber Lens Hood @RMB20

    .. hope it helps...

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,688

    Default Re: Cheaper Camera Accessories Prices in Shanghai

    Yeah, same for Guangzhou and Beijing, nice places to do camera and accessories shopping, need at least 2-3 days to see everything :-)

    Hong Sien

  3. #3

    Default Re: Cheaper Camera Accessories Prices in Shanghai

    Quote Originally Posted by zipper
    I gained a lot of knowledges/references from this forum and tot I would like to share what I discovered.

    I was in Shanghai and bought some camera accessories with, I think, a better price. No intention to sabo those MO(s) in the consumer section, I personally bought some from there, too. Also, I am in not in anywhere related to the shop mentioned below.

    Simply just want to share. Did not even bargain as I tot the prices were good enough for me already and further bargain would the most save me 1 or 2 SGD! I later discovered that the prices I paid were the same as their prices on the website.

    1. Matin Neoprene neck strap @RMB70
    http://www.shyq.com.cn/products.asp?id=1092

    2. Matin Hand Grip III (leather) @RMB120
    http://www.shyq.com.cn/products.asp?id=1023

    3. Benro MP66 monopod @RMB200
    http://benro.cn/newEbiz1/Boot/Produc...rName=BigImage

    4. 5-in-1 80cm Reflector @RMB80

    5. 77cm Collapsible Rubber Lens Hood @RMB20

    .. hope it helps...
    However, someone needs to go to Shanghai first!

    I actually go to Shanghai quite a bit, but even so, getting around in Shanghai is not easy task, size and congestion, not sure if the prize diff shown is sufficient incentive for me, even if I can expense my taxi fare.

    But still, this is good info to know.
    Last edited by Deadpoet; 12th September 2005 at 02:36 PM.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,717

    Default Re: Cheaper Camera Accessories Prices in Shanghai

    Shanghai not too difficult to get around as taxis are everywhere and i presume you can speak mandarin....bargaining and finding the correct shop is another thing...

  5. #5

    Default Re: Cheaper Camera Accessories Prices in Shanghai

    Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32
    Shanghai not too difficult to get around as taxis are everywhere and i presume you can speak mandarin....bargaining and finding the correct shop is another thing...
    taxi is plentiful, but try going cross town from Pudong to Pu Xi, takes forever because of the traffic congestion, bad roads and just being a very big city. 2 Singapore can fit inside Pudong comfortably. Since I go there nearly always for business, hard to find time. Not like Singapore, I can jump on a taxi or MRT during lunch, I can shop and bargain till I'm am broke, then get back to work with enough time to grab a take away for lunch.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    308

    Default Re: Cheaper Camera Accessories Prices in Shanghai

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet
    taxi is plentiful, but try going cross town from Pudong to Pu Xi, takes forever because of the traffic congestion, bad roads and just being a very big city. 2 Singapore can fit inside Pudong comfortably. Since I go there nearly always for business, hard to find time. Not like Singapore, I can jump on a taxi or MRT during lunch, I can shop and bargain till I'm am broke, then get back to work with enough time to grab a take away for lunch.

    I would like to share my experience. I normally stay in Pudong Intercontinental Hotel and usually I do the jalan-jalan during weekends. I would take a taxi around 11am in the morning and that will take me around 15mins to go across Puxi and reach the Shanghai Xin-Kuan Photography Mall, 449 Chang Yang Road, cost me RM25+.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    308

    Default Re: Cheaper Camera Accessories Prices in Shanghai

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet
    However, someone needs to go to Shanghai first!

    .., not sure if the prize diff shown is sufficient incentive for me, even if I can expense my taxi fare.

    But still, this is good info to know.
    Of course, going with the sole purpose of getting cheaper priced accessories would not save you much...

    However, if you were there to do the window shopping then it's another story.

    I went there to have a look at the local photography stores and the local products (kind of tourist's curiosity)...also to buy the local Chinese Photography magazines (back issues) which are another big bargain... cost around RM15 - RM30. For those who have read the Chinese photography magazine before you know the quality of print!

    In fact, my 2 purposes of posting the info are:

    1. To share the info
    2. I was puzzled why the same products cost more in SG? I am not talking about the China local brands but rather the Korean brand, which i think are both import products for 2 countries.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,688

    Default Re: Cheaper Camera Accessories Prices in Shanghai

    Quote Originally Posted by zipper
    Of course, going with the sole purpose of getting cheaper priced accessories would not save you much...

    However, if you were there to do the window shopping then it's another story.

    I went there to have a look at the local photography stores and the local products (kind of tourist's curiosity)...also to buy the local Chinese Photography magazines (back issues) which are another big bargain... cost around RM15 - RM30. For those who have read the Chinese photography magazine before you know the quality of print!

    In fact, my 2 purposes of posting the info are:

    1. To share the info
    2. I was puzzled why the same products cost more in SG? I am not talking about the China local brands but rather the Korean brand, which i think are both import products for 2 countries.
    Hi.

    Was just curious if you have seen the following camera in one of the shops in Shanghai? I may want to go there if they have. I need some accessories for it:

  9. #9

    Default Re: Cheaper Camera Accessories Prices in Shanghai

    Quote Originally Posted by zipper
    Of course, going with the sole purpose of getting cheaper priced accessories would not save you much...

    However, if you were there to do the window shopping then it's another story.

    I went there to have a look at the local photography stores and the local products (kind of tourist's curiosity)...also to buy the local Chinese Photography magazines (back issues) which are another big bargain... cost around RM15 - RM30. For those who have read the Chinese photography magazine before you know the quality of print!

    In fact, my 2 purposes of posting the info are:

    1. To share the info
    2. I was puzzled why the same products cost more in SG? I am not talking about the China local brands but rather the Korean brand, which i think are both import products for 2 countries.
    China is such a big market, volume in one city alone can match those in Singapore, hence, much more bargaining power in pricing. Same with Canon, cheaper by 10-15% in the US than in Singapore.

    Can you give us the address of the shops you visited?
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    308

    Default Re: Cheaper Camera Accessories Prices in Shanghai

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    1. 星光照相器材批发市场
    上海市长阳路449-469号
    http://www.xg-888.com/


    2. 上海照相器材婚纱城4楼417号
    上海梅园路360号(环龙商场内)

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    308

    Default Re: Cheaper Camera Accessories Prices in Shanghai

    Quote Originally Posted by hongsien
    Hi.

    Was just curious if you have seen the following camera in one of the shops in Shanghai? I may want to go there if they have. I need some accessories for it:

    Err.... I don't think I saw anything like that... but not too sure if they have it there!

  12. #12

    Default Re: Cheaper Camera Accessories Prices in Shanghai

    Quote Originally Posted by zipper
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    1. 星光照相器材批发市场
    上海市长阳路449-469号
    http://www.xg-888.com/


    2. 上海照相器材婚纱城4楼417号
    上海梅园路360号(环龙商场内)
    thanks
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  13. #13

    Default Re: Cheaper Camera Accessories Prices in Shanghai

    well, if you are looking for camera shops, check out www.dchome.net, there is a thread that list down all the shops ( a lots of em ) in big cities like ShenZheng, GuangZhou, etc etc etc places...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •