Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Interesting article: Virtual adultery

Default Re: Interesting article: Virtual adultery

Quote Originally Posted by kitkat
    Adultery
    n. Voluntary sexual intercourse between a married person and a partner other than the lawful spouse. Adultery remains a crime in many states and can be used as grounds for divorce for the spouse of the married adulterers. However, criminal charges are rarely brought and in states where there is no-fault divorce (or dissolution), legally, adultery is not relevant. In community property states, until the 1970s, adultery was grounds for providing the person cheated upon most of the couple's property. It often ended up with lurid and long trials and grist for scandal newspapers.
    Quoted - Legal Explanations

From the above strict technical definition , it is an adultery for a married partner to visit brothel.
    ah... there is so many illegal things happening around every minute... haiz... so adultery is a crime in sg?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

From the above strict technical definition , it is an adultery for a married partner to visit brothel.

Oooiii, correct me if I am wrong....I thought brothels is licensed(SG) and taxes is collected in some countries. Fortunately the country I currently reside.

Then if it is licensed and taxable, how can it be illegal? BIG SMALL EYES

Quote Originally Posted by Benign
    Oooiii, correct me if I am wrong....I thought brothels is licensed(SG) and taxes is collected in some countries. Fortunately the country I currently reside.

Then if it is licensed and taxable, how can it be illegal? BIG SMALL EYES
    illegal for those married i suppose... but its law enforcable on the married man & not the operators... but who will tell ppl they married?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    ah... there is so many illegal things happening around every minute... haiz... so adultery is a crime in sg?

Adultery is not a crime under singapore law.
    However, it is one of the reasons stated for many divorce cases in court.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234