Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: $US6.5 million paid for Peter Lik's photo

  1. #1

  2. #2

    Default Re: $US6.5 million paid for Peter Lik's photo

    At first i thought it was a pelvic x-ray with an intestine full of sh!t.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: $US6.5 million paid for Peter Lik's photo

    Quote Originally Posted by ArchRival View Post
    At first i thought it was a pelvic x-ray with an intestine full of sh!t.
    I think the original colour version is easier to understand:


  4. #4
    Senior Member Big Kahuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    2,127

    Default Re: $US6.5 million paid for Peter Lik's photo

    Should have bought something 7 years ago

    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...=1#post3129390

  5. #5

    Default Re: $US6.5 million paid for Peter Lik's photo

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    Should have bought something 7 years ago

    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...=1#post3129390
    Based on this interesting article, which looks at the business aspect of things, I think you should be quite glad you didn't!

    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/22/bu...int-money.html

  6. #6

    Default Re: $US6.5 million paid for Peter Lik's photo

    wow.....so many unsuspecting "investors"....... this could be the biggest photography scam of all time, based on what was reported in the article.
    Last edited by zaren; 24th February 2015 at 01:36 AM.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Dfive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Singapore lah....
    Posts
    3,106

    Default Re: $US6.5 million paid for Peter Lik's photo

    Quote Originally Posted by kandinsky View Post
    Based on this interesting article, which looks at the business aspect of things, I think you should be quite glad you didn't!

    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/22/bu...int-money.html
    Quote Originally Posted by zaren View Post
    wow.....so many unsuspecting "investors"....... this could be the biggest photography scam of all time, based on what was reported in the article.


    I agreee.... I think all people should read this...

    This quote sums it all up.... " So anyone buying his work assuming that it will appreciate is all but certainly in for an unhappy surprise. "
    See my WTS items.. :) Any sales is by meet up face to face, payment is cash only.

  8. #8

    Default Re: $US6.5 million paid for Peter Lik's photo

    a fool and his money are soon parted.

  9. #9
    Senior Member richiemccaw1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,101

    Default Re: $US6.5 million paid for Peter Lik's photo

    Mind boggling. Yet another classic example of how important marketing really is.

  10. #10

    Default Re: $US6.5 million paid for Peter Lik's photo

    Quote Originally Posted by richiemccaw1 View Post
    Mind boggling. Yet another classic example of how important marketing really is.
    +10 Indeed

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •