Thread: Can the C5060WZ use the FL 50 flashgun?

Default Can the C5060WZ use the FL 50 flashgun?

Hi all. Just wonder if I can use the Olympus FL 50 flashgun on the C5060. Actually, having a hard time deciding whether to purchase the FL 36 or FL 50. Normally I will use it as a off-camera flash using a flash cord cable. Thanks for all the advice.

Default Re: Can the C5060WZ use the FL 50 flashgun?

yes, the FL-50 will work with the C5060Z. but don't you think it is an overkill?

the next best thing is the FL-40.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonstone
    Hi all. Just wonder if I can use the Olympus FL 50 flashgun on the C5060. Actually, having a hard time deciding whether to purchase the FL 36 or FL 50. Normally I will use it as a off-camera flash using a flash cord cable. Thanks for all the advice.
    Hello Moonstone,

The FL36 would balance better. The extra power from FL50 would give you more options for exposure settings & bouncing. The less responsively AF system of the 5060 may be served with the slower recycle time of the FL36.

If you're looking for a compact system revolving around a prosumer digicam, the FL36 is a better fit.

Investment-wise, your 5060 battery & flash either FL36/50 would work on the E-System. This commonality will preserve your $ investment in the Olympus brand.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by chancy
    Hello Moonstone,

The FL36 would balance better. The extra power from FL50 would give you more options for exposure settings & bouncing. The less responsively AF system of the 5060 may be served with the slower recycle time of the FL36.

If you're looking for a compact system revolving around a prosumer digicam, the FL36 is a better fit.

Investment-wise, your 5060 battery & flash either FL36/50 would work on the E-System. This commonality will preserve your $ investment in the Olympus brand.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
    Yes, it helps. Thanks Chancy! I'll decide on the FL-36 and most likely to get it by year-end.