Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rally speech - your impressions?

Default Re: Rally speech - your impressions?

agree with kh.

example i quote.

rubbish clearing in hdb was done in buddy buddy system
    they introduce a mini dump truck )
    now become 1 man job
    the one that gets the job had a increament of 2x his salary not because his performance, but because it has become 1 mans job flashed all over the news

1) now, what about the 1 who are no so lucky?
    2) if the machine is so useful and can replace the buddy, that means the job load of the lucky one shouldnt increase, than why double his pay?
    3) instead of paying the other worker, the company now pay maintainence to run a machine, is it cheaper?
    4) buddy buddy system, they can carry / clear away odd object left in the viod deck that the machine cant handle.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

just consider ourselves lucky la......no govt is perfect. No matter wat, I can say that our gahment is doing its best for everyone. it's impossible to please/make the entire population happy but at least, they do try to make this place more comfortable for its people.

Ya, grass is always greener....ya, there will be so-called intellectuals who bitch and gripe about everything the gahment say/do.....if these pple not happy then they can do 3 things:

1. stop being an arm-chair critic. take up the challenge and enter politics. And yes, stop making all those "no freedom of speech" excuses. These are the challenges of politics. Are you man enough? At least, CSJ is brave though for the wrong reasons. The pple who just bitch around are worst off than CSJ.

2. migrate lor and be 2nd class citizens thru out yr life and yr future generations! Be the marginalized & the minority. No matter what, at the end of the day, it's the colour of yr skin that matters....A Chinese will always be an Asian/Oriental with ching-chong slant eyes. You will always be a yellow b***tard in the eyes of your fairer counter-parts.
    Even if you speak with a fake or genuine accent, you will never belong because you have never been part of the country's history or legacy!

3. Just be grateful for what you are and be fortunate that you are always being pampered. Yes, even over-pampered.

I did not watch the Rally as I know that the gahment, despite all its imperfections, is doing its best for its people. At least, I know I can gave a good-nite's rest/sleep knowing that my well-being is being looked after.

Quote Originally Posted by Yildun

u think u r being great cos ur actions create more jobs? Ur analogy is the same as to start war so that more weapon would be sold and increase crime so that more policeman would be employed.

Go elsewhere and create ur jobs.
    Unfortunately, through World War I, we have weapons like Tanks, flamethrowers, machine guns, etc.
    Thanks to World War II, the world had seen the awesome power of the Solar System and the ppl in Hiroshima and Nagasaki had the dubious honour of tasting the power of the Solar System first-hand.

No crimes, would u even need policemen?
    No wars, would there even be a lubcrative arms industry?

If the world is at complete peace with no demarkation borders and stuff like dat, we would all be in big trouble my friend.

Wars, famine, drought, and other natural disasters are nature's way of picking out the strongest to live and eliminating the weakest.

Such is the way of life.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Quote Originally Posted by peppercrab1
    just consider ourselves lucky la......no govt is perfect. No matter wat, I can say that our gahment is doing its best for everyone. it's impossible to please/make the entire population happy but at least, they do try to make this place more comfortable for its people.

Ya, grass is always greener....ya, there will be so-called intellectuals who bitch and gripe about everything the gahment say/do.....if these pple not happy then they can do 3 things:

1. stop being an arm-chair critic. take up the challenge and enter politics. And yes, stop making all those "no freedom of speech" excuses. These are the challenges of politics. Are you man enough? At least, CSJ is brave though for the wrong reasons. The pple who just bitch around are worst off than CSJ.

2. migrate lor and be 2nd class citizens thru out yr life and yr future generations! Be the marginalized & the minority. No matter what, at the end of the day, it's the colour of yr skin that matters....A Chinese will always be an Asian/Oriental with ching-chong slant eyes. You will always be a yellow b***tard in the eyes of your fairer counter-parts.
    Even if you speak with a fake or genuine accent, you will never belong because you have never been part of the country's history or legacy!

3. Just be grateful for what you are and be fortunate that you are always being pampered. Yes, even over-pampered.

I did not watch the Rally as I know that the gahment, despite all its imperfections, is doing its best for its people. At least, I know I can gave a good-nite's rest/sleep knowing that my well-being is being looked after.
    I'd like to voice out in disagreement with ur theory of '2nd class citizens'.

Many countries around the world are actually 'migrant lands', Singapore inclusive.
    If the idea of migrating to end up a 2nd class citizen, den everyone of us here is a 2nd class citizen since our great-grandparents come from China. Thus, we are all 1st class citizens of our great Motherland.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn

Many countries around the world are actually 'migrant lands', Singapore inclusive.
    If the idea of migrating to end up a 2nd class citizen, den everyone of us here is a 2nd class citizen since our great-grandparents come from China. Thus, we are all 1st class citizens of our great Motherland.
    People who often use this 2nd -class citizen theory are usually the insecure ones who cannot fit in due to their inability to adapt to that culture.
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

That's not what I meant. Anyway, it's my opinion and we are all entitled to them.
    Let's shoot models instead la....

Quote Originally Posted by LazerLordz
    People who often use this 2nd -class citizen theory are usually the insecure ones who cannot fit in due to their inability to adapt to that culture.

One can adapt but one can never belong......that's the difference.

den everyone of us here is a 2nd class citizen since our great-grandparents come from China.
    So you equate "singaporean" with "chinese"? I thought Singapore was a bit more diverse than that.

Somehow, the rally speech made me feel that we're rats running the huge Singapore Inc race. PM just asked us to run faster and smarter

Quote Originally Posted by LittleWolf
    So you equate "singaporean" with "chinese"? I thought Singapore was a bit more diverse than that.
    Well, Singapore IS, "somewhere in China", according to some from the other parts of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by LazerLordz
    I second that

Yes, unfortunately the truth hurts.........to be in self-denial is also being insecure.

That's not what I meant. Anyway, it's my opinion and we are all entitled to them.
    Let's shoot models instead la....
    That's just a cop-out way of talking

All political related discussions and topics are touchy and sensitive. Posters usually doesnt fully understand the situation they are in when posting such things especially personal comments in public forum like this. Thats why we have disallowed political related discussion in this forum. This is for the good of our members and this forum. And thats clearly stated in our guidelines right from the start.

Thread closed.

Kopitiam

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123