Thread: Perth : The Geylang Massacre

Default Perth : The Geylang Massacre

It's classic. Best local production i have seen so far besides Roystan's 15.

http://www.perth-the-movie.com/index.html
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Default Re: Perth : The Geylang Massacre

Looks great.

"Do you know who I am??""

Quote Originally Posted by reno77
    Looks great.

"Do you know who I am??""
    reno77? Perhaps?

Harry lee lah
    yes I felt this show was very singaporean but I thought that the ending made the film less real, made it more of a farce, so I don't really feel for harry anymore and it becomes more like a fantasy rather than something realistic

Quote Originally Posted by mattlock
    Harry lee lah
    yes I felt this show was very singaporean but I thought that the ending made the film less real, made it more of a farce, so I don't really feel for harry anymore and it becomes more like a fantasy rather than something realistic

he let his emotions get the better of him.....getting emotionally involved with someone from the trade. As you can see at the temple, the girl feels grateful for him trying to help, but she needs to work in that line just for the money to send back.

It's realistic as in, when u are too nice to people, they take it for granted. Even if something happens to you, life still goes on. They didn't ask for your help, even if you feel so inclined that you ought to help out. Just a word of sorry and thanks...thats it. It's ironical.
    One-North Explorers

agree that it's one of the better local movies but LKT's acting is a wee bit exaggerated in those "emotional" scenes ie his anger & frustration....in drunk scenes, his son's wedding....
    Pace is a lttle slow too.

I was quite impressed with AB Lee though. His Oxford vocab on par with mine -

Movie is a breath of fresh air compared to those Jack Neo-type movies.

I cant wait for Roystan's 15 to be released UNCENSORED on DVD. This is a classic!
    Last edited by zorro18; 23rd August 2005 at 09:33 AM.

yup LKT abit drama on the anger, perhaps if he was less england-fluent, and more dialect orientated?

Afterall he was a former commando encik (correct?)...he does touch on alot of local issues which nobody wanna admit in public, but do exist in forms of talk that go around the local scene from kopitiam uncles to taxi drivers to aunties...hahaha
    One-North Explorers