Thread: Macintosh Keyboards & mouse

Default Macintosh Keyboards & mouse

So.. I suppose we all use keyboards and mouse.
    Anybody tried the macintosh bluetooth keyboard? How's battery life on those? or should I just get the cable one?
    What about the mouse? Mighty mouse vs. bluetooth mouse??

Default Re: Macintosh Keyboards & mouse

Quote Originally Posted by tingm
    So.. I suppose we all use keyboards and mouse.
    Anybody tried the macintosh bluetooth keyboard? How's battery life on those? or should I just get the cable one?
    What about the mouse? Mighty mouse vs. bluetooth mouse??
    If you want hassle free wireless, most keyboard performs equally well.

I would recommend MAC wired Keyboard and Mouse at the moment as somehow I find BT of technology is still not as responsive compare to Microsoft Radio Wireless Keyboard and Mouse. I am using Microsoft radio wireless mouse and I have not change the battery in 3 weeks. I am not too sure how BT mouse and keyboard battery performance.

I have tried the Mighty mouse but it's wired. So obviously it's better respond than the BT Macmice.

If you are a 2 click mouse person, then get a normal wired mouse as Apple mouse are single click.

Good luck!

First generation of 27MHz wireless mouse has noticeable lag because of slower RF report rate (less than 50 reports per sec).

The newer generation 27MHz mouse has report rate that is comparable to USB (125 reports per second) so there is no noticeable lag anymore.

Battery life wise, Microsoft claims 6 months for their mice but I have used mine for more than a year with the initial set of batteries. Of course this is dependent on usage so your mileage may very.

Bluetooth in general will have a lower battery life than 27MHz. Speed wise there is no benefit as far as I can see (I have used both BT ans 17MHz mice and keyboards).

One benefit of using BT keyboard is the encryption, which prevents someone else from sniffing your key strokes from the air. However, current BT keyboards can only work after windows is loaded. In other words, you cannot use "F8" to get into BIOS configuration using a BT keyboard.
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

Deregistered

Do keep a spare USB version somewhere,

Quote Originally Posted by roygoh
    First generation of 27MHz wireless mouse has noticeable lag because of slower RF report rate (less than 50 reports per sec).

The newer generation 27MHz mouse has report rate that is comparable to USB (125 reports per second) so there is no noticeable lag anymore.

Battery life wise, Microsoft claims 6 months for their mice but I have used mine for more than a year with the initial set of batteries. Of course this is dependent on usage so your mileage may very.

Bluetooth in general will have a lower battery life than 27MHz. Speed wise there is no benefit as far as I can see (I have used both BT ans 17MHz mice and keyboards).

One benefit of using BT keyboard is the encryption, which prevents someone else from sniffing your key strokes from the air. However, current BT keyboards can only work after windows is loaded. In other words, you cannot use "F8" to get into BIOS configuration using a BT keyboard.
    The Microsoft Wireless Explorer Mouse indeed has an amazing battery life. I have used it since around Christmas last year with the supplied batteries and it's still going strong....

Regards
    CK

the original poster is asking about mac BT mouse? my MAC BT mouse sucks power like mad. I am using 2500mA rechargeables but I have to recharge like every 1-2weeks!! now I gave up and put in energisers to see if it is any better. Is MAC BT mouse so power hungry??

I bought my i-Mac G5 3 months ago with BT mouse and keyboard from wheelock place vendor and im just using the free batt from the unit and never change from time i used it and still ok 'till now ..regarding the response of BT KB and mouse, Keyboard is quite ok but the mouse response is a little bit slow compared to a wired one, so i bought a new Intouse 3
    tablet .

Quote Originally Posted by wind30
    the original poster is asking about mac BT mouse? my MAC BT mouse sucks power like mad. I am using 2500mA rechargeables but I have to recharge like every 1-2weeks!! now I gave up and put in energisers to see if it is any better. Is MAC BT mouse so power hungry??

Quote Originally Posted by tolitz
    I bought my i-Mac G5 3 months ago with BT mouse and keyboard from wheelock place vendor and im just using the free batt from the unit and never change from time i used it and still ok 'till now ..regarding the response of BT KB and mouse, Keyboard is quite ok but the mouse response is a little bit slow compared to a wired one, so i bought a new Intouse 3
    tablet .
    Wah when did you convert to a Mac fan?

Quote Originally Posted by wind30
    Eh.....i don't think so it will last only 1-2 weeks. Either call them or go back to Apple to ask them about the life span of their product. BT maybe hungry but not that hungry.

Original poster is asking about BT Mouse and he did mentioned about keyboard as well. Plus we are giving him option to choose from a wired to wireless to different brands. Owning a Mac does not necessary need to use Mac product. I am using a Mac but a different brand of mouse as I prefer 2 click mouse than single click.

Plus the Microsoft Wireless Mouse is quite sensitive (but can't compare to wired Razor Diamondback Mouse) but at least the lifespan is quite long. Long enough so that you do not get frustrated in changing batteries every 1-2 weeks.

Wired mouse is still better if you are involve in Games, Designing work and Photoshop.

Wireless keyboard is a little better over wireless mouse as it does not really involve as much movement as a mouse.

So the original poster have to decide on how his main activity when he sits down in front of the computer.

Hey teacher how r u? never see U for long now ...sori no $$$$$$ for new course mah!
    I switched to Mac after my PC crashed becoz of spywaresand viruses (poor PC ...

Quote Originally Posted by Pro Image
    Wah when did you convert to a Mac fan?

Quote Originally Posted by tolitz
    Hey teacher how r u? never see U for long now ...sori no $$$$$$ for new course mah!
    I switched to Mac after my PC crashed becoz of spywaresand viruses (poor PC ...
    Aiyo did you say SPYWARES and VIRUSES and PC CRASHED?

Hahaha.....try telling that you PC users.....!

Nevermind lar. Anytime you free you let me know. I will still teach you when you are ready!

Call me! I will let you know more details!