Thread: Artisan & Artist - RR4-05C (cross-body camera bag with easy slider strap)

Default Artisan & Artist - RR4-05C (cross-body camera bag with easy slider strap)

Artisan & Artist - RR4-05C

The first A&A product that I bought, is the easy slider camera strap. Love the design and the easiness to adjust the length of camera strap basically with one finer. I am convinced and bought my 1st A&A bag RR4-05C. I have been using the bag as camera bag and for normal day use for few months. Here to share my review.

Spec of RR4-05C can be read here.

Unique of Artisan & Artist bag
    - Premium Brand that constant win DGP Gold award in Japan
    - 100% design and hand made in Japan
    - some of A&A camera bag are endorsed by Leica (enough said)
    - 2 year warranty with 1 to 1 exchange on manufacturing defects if can't be repaired.
    - Support from local distributor Schmidt Marketing

Why I bought is at first place
    - The shoulder strap is like easy slider concept. I have never seen a bag where I can adjust the length of the strap so easy.
    - It is a cross body camera bag with sling bag concept
    - Looks cool with black leather glossy surface
    - The insert is detachable, where I could also fit in an iPad.
    - When insert is removed (where I am not carrying any camera), I use this as casual bag.
    - The insert is thick and very good.
    - Not 100% rain proof, but the outer layer is water-repellent
    - and it does not look like a camera bag at all
    Last edited by MichaelLee; 5th December 2014 at 03:04 PM.

Default Re: Artisan & Artist - RR4-05C (cross-body camera bag with easy slider strap)

The 1st feature that I like about the bag is the compartment.

Storage Compartment

The bag can comfortably take in 2 M bodies mounted with lenses, 2 extra M lenses, 1 iPad mini, passport and writing pad and wallet.

Default Re: Artisan & Artist - RR4-05C (cross-body camera bag with easy slider strap)

How could it possible to fit so many things in the bag ? Seeing is believing.

Front Side Pocket

Rear side Pocket

Main Storage Compartment

The 2nd feature that I like is the design and the protection of the insert cushion. From the video above, you can see that one can easily adjust the insert compartment according to individual preference. But how good is the protection ?

The insert cushion is approx 1.5cm thick

But what does 1.5cm thickness mean ? As I am carrying 2 M bodies, I could not tolerate any inferior cushion that do not provide enough protection to my equipment. After month of usage, I am very convinced. And I am also confident and crazy enough to put the insert under a stringent test, I call this "egg drop test".

Insert is removed from the bag, and I've placed an egg inside. Lift the insert approx 1.1m high ( around the waist level of my daughter who is 1.53meter tall) and drop it on the floor. At 0.21" you can see the egg actually bounced up and down. OMG ? what next. As what I have expected, the egg is in perfect condition without sustain any "injury" or "fracture".

"Egg Drop Test"