Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 256789 LastLast

Thread: Please Help Me!

Quote Originally Posted by Ah Keong View Post
    I would like to thanks everyone for the time, recommendation and advice given.
    I shall reconsider and conclude by this week and spend more time on books instead to train the eye and mind.

Hope I did not waste your time and effort. Thanks everybody!!
    Seems like you have your mind set on the Canon. Either way, enjoy the camera and share your photos!
    Why pixel-peep? Go out and shoot more!
    Kon's Flickr

U can read the literature. But going out to shoot n practise is more important.
    D7100,SB910,17-50/2.8OS,105/2.8VR,85/1.8D,2xE-M1,O60/2.8,12-40/2.8,35-100/2.8,14-42,LX100

Default Re: Please Help Me!

Quote Originally Posted by KonTrol View Post
    Seems like you have your mind set on the Canon. Either way, enjoy the camera and share your photos!
    Thanks KonTrol! Currently leaning towards Canon. Shall visit Funan this weekend before concluding.

Quote Originally Posted by sin77 View Post
    U can read the literature. But going out to shoot n practise is more important.
    Thanks sin77! shall shoot more to gain experience.

I was looking at Lexar and Sandisk memory cards. Does it matter?
    Seems like Sandisk is more popular.

To me, it doesn't matter. It's more of a heng/sway thing if you get a spoilt card out of the box (it happens, but definitely not all the time, else both brands close shop liao).

Both camps have their fans where they swear by it. Both camps also have a pool of people who cursed it because of failure.
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

So which camera you bought in the end?
    Why pixel-peep? Go out and shoot more!
    Kon's Flickr

I used both Lexar and Sandisk, no issue whatsoever. So choose whatever you like, just make sure that you use Class 6 and above SD cards if you are taking lots of video.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Thanks SilentSeth, I was told that Olympus have this in-body image stabilisation technology (maybe thats why the lens is lighter?) and can balance any lens while Canon depend on the lens to stabilise itself (think some lens do not have in-lens image stabilisation).

I watched this youtube video where Canon have more lens available while Olympus eat battery very fast.
    Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks!

www-youtube.com/watch?v=Jva08HY6uLE

www-thephoblographer.com/2014/10/14/conserve-battery-life-mirrorless-camera/
    Sony also has built in lens stablisation. In fact, Sony is the first with this technology.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike View Post
    To me, it doesn't matter. It's more of a heng/sway thing if you get a spoilt card out of the box (it happens, but definitely not all the time, else both brands close shop liao).

Both camps have their fans where they swear by it. Both camps also have a pool of people who cursed it because of failure.
    Thanks SkyStrike! In this case, I shall get the Sandisk.

Quote Originally Posted by KonTrol View Post
    So which camera you bought in the end?
    The camera was supposed to be a Xmas gift.
    I am thinking between EOS 70D or EOS 100D (white edition) and the rest of the money to buy a 2nd hand lens.

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    I used both Lexar and Sandisk, no issue whatsoever. So choose whatever you like, just make sure that you use Class 6 and above SD cards if you are taking lots of video.
    Thanks rhino123! I am aiming class 10 Sandisk SD card. Think the model name is Extreme SD or something.

Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    Sony also has built in lens stablisation. In fact, Sony is the first with this technology.
    Thanks donut88! I went to try the Alpha7 but the handling is a bit tough for me

Thanks donut88! I went to try the Alpha7 but the handling is a bit tough for me
    A7 currently is on sale (but note that the A7ii is launching soon). About less than $2000 for a full frame camera with kit lens ($400 discount). Quite a good deal but limited stocks as it is supposedly a Nov promotion. If you really are into photography, you will soon appreciate the buttons and dials have fun trying!

The camera was supposed to be a Xmas gift.
    I am thinking between EOS 70D or EOS 100D (white edition) and the rest of the money to buy a 2nd hand lens.
    Between 70D and 100D (and if I can only get one), I will most definitely go for 70D. True 70D is heavier (significantly) when compared to 100D, and bigger. But the grip is better (deeper) for big hand people like myself (making it much more comfortable)... plus with larger lenses, the 70D would most definitely be more balance.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Thumbs up Re: Please Help Me!

Thanks KonTrol! Currently leaning towards Canon. Shall visit Funan this weekend before concluding.
    Cameras from the bigger players like Canon and Nikon matter more than other systems when you plan on investing into a few lenses over the next years/decades. If you shoot more people and wildlife, I'd go Canon otherwise, Nikon.

You mentioned Live View. Most DSLRs have significantly slow Live AF, if you shoot more using Live View, you should aim for the best of the mirrorless pack like the Olympus E-M1, Fuji XT-1 or Sony a6000/a7.

http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-sd-card/
    SanDisk 32GB Extreme PLUS (80 MB/s)
    Although this retails around 70-79 SGD here, this was going for 28 USD during black friday sale on Amazon/BandH/Adorama. I got mine locally before I saw this article.
    IXY 810 IS | EOS-M | D3200 | D7100 |Df | X100T

Quote Originally Posted by dickmann88 View Post
    A7 currently is on sale (but note that the A7ii is launching soon). About less than $2000 for a full frame camera with kit lens ($400 discount). Quite a good deal but limited stocks as it is supposedly a Nov promotion. If you really are into photography, you will soon appreciate the buttons and dials have fun trying!
    thanks dickmann88! I think its a good camera just that full frame may not be for me yet as I am still a newbie.
    In additon, I feel weird with the handling during testing.

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    Between 70D and 100D (and if I can only get one), I will most definitely go for 70D. True 70D is heavier (significantly) when compared to 100D, and bigger. But the grip is better (deeper) for big hand people like myself (making it much more comfortable)... plus with larger lenses, the 70D would most definitely be more balance.
    Thanks rhino123. I was thinking about the balance part as I am buying a 2nd hand Sigma lens from my friend and its heavy!

Quote Originally Posted by Nehalem View Post
    Cameras from the bigger players like Canon and Nikon matter more than other systems when you plan on investing into a few lenses over the next years/decades. If you shoot more people and wildlife, I'd go Canon otherwise, Nikon.

You mentioned Live View. Most DSLRs have significantly slow Live AF, if you shoot more using Live View, you should aim for the best of the mirrorless pack like the Olympus E-M1, Fuji XT-1 or Sony a6000/a7.

SanDisk 32GB Extreme PLUS (80 MB/s)
    Although this retails around 70-79 SGD here, this was going for 28 USD during black friday sale on Amazon/BandH/Adorama. I got mine locally before I saw this article.
    Thanks Nehalem. Think my primary aim is to shoot street (with people) and secondary shoot food and shoot travel.
    My Xmas gift budget think is not enough for Olympus E-M1, Fuji XT-1 or Sony a7. At most EOS 70D or EOS 7D.

I was told to get multiple cards with smaller size (say 4 x 8GB or 2 x 16GB) rather than one big size card.

Thanks Nehalem. Think my primary aim is to shoot street (with people) and secondary shoot food and shoot travel.
    My Xmas gift budget think is not enough for Olympus E-M1, Fuji XT-1 or Sony a7. At most EOS 70D or EOS 7D.

I was told to get multiple cards with smaller size (say 4 x 8GB or 2 x 16GB) rather than one big size card.
    Can still consider models like E-M5 or E-M10. Both are still excellent choices.

Personally, I have a mixture of 16 and 32gb cards (still sceptical about 64gb cards). 8gb is abit too small for me.
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 256789 LastLast