Thread: Lightroom Export looks Different?

Default Lightroom Export looks Different?

Hi, does anyone know how to "fix" this? Images I export from Lightroom seem to have a lot more contrast and banding/posterization. Sure, I get that things like Windows Photo Viewer are not perfect and will display slightly differently, but the difference seems too extreme.

I've read up a bit of course and tried a few things, but they don't seem to help. They do make the problem less severe, but the banding is still there. So, things I've tried:
    -Export with embedded colour profile
    -Reset all edits and export the unedited image

Default Re: Lightroom Export looks Different?

Windows Photo Viewer is not color-managed. Therefore, it will not consider embedded color profiles or other information but render based on some internal settings. Use a color-managed viewer instead.
    EOS

Default Re: Lightroom Export looks Different?

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Windows Photo Viewer is not color-managed. Therefore, it will not consider embedded color profiles or other information but render based on some internal settings. Use a color-managed viewer instead.
    Ah, right. Viewing it in Firefox with proper colour management settings shows a proper image. Previously I viewed it in Firefox without proper colour management settings, and it showed the banding as well. Chrome also shows the same banding.