Thread: some questions on swiss army watch

Default some questions on swiss army watch

posting an out of photography question..

i have a Swis army watch for many years and got spoilt recently.

send to repair shops but they dont know how to repair..

I have search through the net for repair agents for Swiss Army watches..but couldnt find one.

how how how??? anyone can help?

Default Re: some questions on swiss army watch

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewSCL
    posting an out of photography question..

i have a Swis army watch for many years and got spoilt recently.

send to repair shops but they dont know how to repair..

I have search through the net for repair agents for Swiss Army watches..but couldnt find one.

how how how??? anyone can help?
    Is the watch automatic or battery operate?
    If automatic still got chance to repair if battery operate than i think the manufacturer can repair only.

You can alway go for Swiss Airforce

Quote Originally Posted by soma
    Is the watch automatic or battery operate?
    If automatic still got chance to repair if battery operate than i think the manufacturer can repair only.
    got battery...

bought in switzland 5 years ago...

At basement 1 of Plaza Sing, got a repair shop that repairs Swiss watches, esp from the SWATCH group.. Got my tissot fixed there, and saw other branded stuff that was to be repaired.. Maybe you can try this place..

Quote Originally Posted by Ally
    At basement 1 of Plaza Sing, got a repair shop that repairs Swiss watches, esp from the SWATCH group.. Got my tissot fixed there, and saw other branded stuff that was to be repaired.. Maybe you can try this place..
    Hmmm, wonder if they can service Tag Heuer watches there? After dropping my Tag the other day (quite a hard one ) the chronograph is a bit screwy, not that I use it much, but still... LVMH (authorised service center) wants to charge me $220 for the service/overhaul.. which is ~10% the price of the watch.. I declined, cause I don't use the chrono that much, and its only 4 years old

I think Tag Heuer has change the service centre and no longer LVMH.I have lotsa headache at LVHM and their service S-U-C-K. Or should I say no service?

Unless the battery in Quartz is dead, you just need to replace but if the circuit board is faulty, chances it that it is easier to replace the whole movement and most of these quartz movement are cheap. The ETA version use in Tag Heuer cost around US$25 per module. So you can imagine how cheap for other brand.

Most repairshop do not keep quartz movement and no economical for some attitute shop to replace it because to them $40 may be waste of their time. And if they charge $150, the customer might as well get a new quartz watch.

For mechanical watches, most of the trouble are lubrication, misalighment and loose parts. It is easy for them to identify without replacement and spend time adjusting, CLA and then charge a resonable price. Both customer and them are happy.

Well, I kind of buy and restore mechanical watch for hobby so I am limited to my knowledge.

It's moved to Wheelock. Mon-Fri only and I think they close by 5pm.

Quote Originally Posted by whoelse
    I think Tag Heuer has change the service centre and no longer LVMH.I have lotsa headache at LVHM and their service S-U-C-K. Or should I say no service?

Unless the battery in Quartz is dead, you just need to replace but if the circuit board is faulty, chances it that it is easier to replace the whole movement and most of these quartz movement are cheap. The ETA version use in Tag Heuer cost around US$25 per module. So you can imagine how cheap for other brand.

Most repairshop do not keep quartz movement and no economical for some attitute shop to replace it because to them $40 may be waste of their time. And if they charge $150, the customer might as well get a new quartz watch.

For mechanical watches, most of the trouble are lubrication, misalighment and loose parts. It is easy for them to identify without replacement and spend time adjusting, CLA and then charge a resonable price. Both customer and them are happy.

Well, I kind of buy and restore mechanical watch for hobby so I am limited to my knowledge.
    Nope, still LVMH. I was just there last week to replace a bent spring bar for my Tag and was told about the overhaul services

Swiss Army Watchs should use the very common availabile ETA Quart Movement which can be easily replaced via a competent watch repair man. These movements should cost roughly approx 20-40 SG dollars....

Try the Mr Gulam located at the Arcade 2nd floor. (Raffles Places) He should be able to help you

Justin

thats cool..will go there have a look..thanks for the infor..

Quote Originally Posted by kahheng
    It's moved to Wheelock. Mon-Fri only and I think they close by 5pm.
    any idea whats the name of the shop?

Quote Originally Posted by Gymrat76
    Nope, still LVMH. I was just there last week to replace a bent spring bar for my Tag and was told about the overhaul services
    sorry? where's LVMH ? (or what's LVMH) ?

went to buy a tag 3 years abck at ngee ann city there....
    sales service wasn't too friendly...
    Hope to learn from everyone here....

any idea whats the name of the shop?
    Sorry I can't remember. I think if you look up the Swatch site, they might have a listing.

FWIW, they are the same people to go to for servicing of Calvin Klein watches ($15 for battery replacement, which is kinda breathtaking since CK is by all accounts, a cheapie brand). Also the same people who quoted me $250 for a replacement rubber Tissot strap..........

When they were at Alexandra Rd in the same building as HP service center, my experience is that the counter staff aunties were pleasant.

anyway, thanks for all the help..finally got it repaired at wheellock place...cost me $20 for replacement of battery and the seal...which i thought its quite ex liao..

and come to know of it...that previous shop repair is incompetent....ask me to bring to the swiss army dealer lah...which ended up only replace battery can do liao...

anyway, thanks for all the help..finally got it repaired at wheellock place...cost me $20 for replacement of battery and the seal...which i thought its quite ex liao..
    Ah, but at least you got a new seal. That must be worth something. :-)

I can't wait to find out how much they are going to charge me when the battery on my Tissot dies.................

Battery Change normally cost approx 5 dollars... the rubber seal as you put it is simpily a rubber gasket for the baseback. This will normally cost approx 5 dollars (generic), So all in all should cost approx 10 bucks..

Since were on this topic, where do you guys send you Tag (or any other watch) if you need some polishing (minor scratches on the glass)? How much does it cost?

Quote Originally Posted by erictan8888
    sorry? where's LVMH ? (or what's LVMH) ?

went to buy a tag 3 years abck at ngee ann city there....
    sales service wasn't too friendly...
    LVMH should be still at Raffles City Building, went there 1 year ago to service my Ebel...

Quote Originally Posted by khnglh
    Battery Change normally cost approx 5 dollars... the rubber seal as you put it is simpily a rubber gasket for the baseback. This will normally cost approx 5 dollars (generic), So all in all should cost approx 10 bucks..
    yap..thought so too...ayah...no choice lah..the watch means alot to me...$20 also have to repair...