Thread: Compare Tamron SP AF90MM F/2.8 Di Macro 1:1 and Sigma MACRO 50mm F2.8 EX DG?

Default Compare Tamron SP AF90MM F/2.8 Di Macro 1:1 and Sigma MACRO 50mm F2.8 EX DG?

Which one is better? What are the substantial differences between the
    two lens?

Thank you in advance.

Default Re: Compare Tamron SP AF90MM F/2.8 Di Macro 1:1 and Sigma MACRO 50mm F2.8 EX DG?

it depends on what u are trying to shoot??

insects?? get the 90mm or 180mm as u cant get too close to them most of the time..

I feel theres no point getting the 50mm, unless u are shooting objects that dont move at all.By the way , both the lenses u mentioned are great..at a good price too.
    Take both its legs down first, then cuts its tail, next is shoot between its eyes:devil:

Default Re: Compare Tamron SP AF90MM F/2.8 Di Macro 1:1 and Sigma MACRO 50mm F2.8 EX DG?

Quote Originally Posted by GENO
    it depends on what u are trying to shoot??

insects?? get the 90mm or 180mm as u cant get too close to them most of the time..

I feel theres no point getting the 50mm, unless u are shooting objects that dont move at all.By the way , both the lenses u mentioned are great..at a good price too.
    Yeah, my search ended me up with these two lens, both are appealing to me. 180mm lens are a bit tight for my budget, so I considered 90mm or 105mm lens good compromise. Some websites mentioned this focal length lens can also do portrait shots.
    Last edited by dRebelXT; 20th August 2005 at 01:32 AM.

For myself, i am using the Sigma 105mm (1:1), if i want larger magnification i would add on extension tube. Yes it's true macro lens between this focal length (90mm-105mm) can double up as a great portrait lens.