Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Miss Singapore World 2005 Preview

Default Re: Miss Singapore World 2005 Preview

Where do u guys get ladder like that huh?

DIY store I guess, seems like those ppl with 100-400 mm zoom to the max wonder where u focus at...

Quote Originally Posted by DEADMETAL
    DIY store I guess, seems like those ppl with 100-400 mm zoom to the max wonder where u focus at...
    Hmmm....on face close up....
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

Quote Originally Posted by Kongo
    Where do u guys get ladder like that huh?

funan has a big big bookstore on the 2nd floor tat sells it

damn... the ladder bearers strike again. got ladder got zoom lens, go stand behind lah.

but surprisingly, not many photogs as i would imagine eh?
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

you caugh me in the photo.. .. white lens hood

Quote Originally Posted by mohgui
    you think they will? for all you know, they will say they are the official photographer and need the ladder to be upfront so can get better angled shots.
    They all are BULLSHIT..!!! met alot of these kind of BULLSHIT guys b4.. .. jus tell them .. so wat u are offical photographer.. first come first serve.. sample as that.
    Last edited by Snake; 21st August 2005 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake
    They all are BULLSHIT..!!! met alot of these kind of BULLSHIT guys b4.. .. jus tell them .. so wat u are offical photographer.. first come first serve.. sample as that.
    I guess you have never been an official photographer before.

When you are on the job and have folks blocking you, it can get irritating. And to make comments like that... hehe word gets around. The official photog could've just called security to remove you from the premises. You are after all shooting on priviate premises. I remember once some people who disregard and got on the stage of a fashion show... a real disgrace to the rest of the photography community.

So if you encounter an official photog, do make some space coz one of these days it could be you on the line....

Quote Originally Posted by Zplus

When you are on the job and have folks blocking you, it can get irritating. And to make comments like that... hehe word gets around. The official photog could've just called security to remove you from the premises. You are after all shooting on priviate premises. I remember once some people who disregard and got on the stage of a fashion show... a real disgrace to the rest of the photography community.

So if you encounter an official photog, do make some space coz one of these days it could be you on the line....
    101% agreed with you, we're taking photographs on hobby where the official photographers have a job to do. I'm sure we can by one way or another compromise with each other, perhaps squeeze a bit to our left or right and give him a slot in between to let him do his job.

Hope everyone enjoys and made friends at the end of the shoot, perhaps he'll be kind enough and teach you a trick or two...

dun just tok only... if you are the officall .let see you get irratated or not ... being in the line myself before.. and i know what is more important .. giving what the client want.. that y sometime we are ruthless in shooting .. not first come first served '

vince123123
    Guests

I concur, some of the comments here were made because they have no idea what they are talking about.

I agreed with u, if I cannot get those shots required as blocked by those unofficial photog, I will get some1 to clear them and make way for me ..
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

well say ben... they r paid to do the job, dun be so selfish and imagine if u r the one doing the job, u'll be pissed off also.

actually, i thought officials tend to shoot from the other end of the barrier. But i concur that we should always give way to officials, esp since i usually am official when i go down for such stuff

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT ONG
    I agreed with u, if I cannot get those shots required as blocked by those unofficial photog, I will get some1 to clear them and make way for me ..
    U don't need to be official, people see you sure make way for you one....

Omg.. Sorrie guys ..i think u all misunderstand wat i said liao.. if they are real official photographer.. they will stand infront of the fence which restrict us to stand near.. i mean here is the one who stand behind the fence squeeze in the crowd n said that they are official photograher (faker) jus wan to stand near to the front. tats all.. Sorrie if my words offended the one who are real official photograher here..
    Last edited by Snake; 23rd August 2005 at 06:56 PM.

vince123123
    Guests

Sometimes, in front of the fence or within the restricted area may not be the best position and the official photographer (assuming that he really is one) may decide that behind the fence and in the crowd is actually a better vantage point.

Sorrie guys ..i think u all misunderstand wat i said.. if they are real official photographer.. they will stand infront of the fence which restrict us to stand near.. i mean here is the one who stand behind the fence squeeze in the crowd n said that they are official photograher jus wan to stand near to the front. tats all.. Sorrie if my words offended the one who are real official photograher here..

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123
    Sometimes, in front of the fence or within the restricted area may not be the best position and the official photographer (assuming that he really is one) may decide that behind the fence and in the crowd is actually a better vantage point.
    Oo.. sorry my mistake.. tats y sometime really hardly know who is the real one.. next time must check n give way to them liao...
    Last edited by Snake; 23rd August 2005 at 06:35 PM.

Oo.. sorry my mistake.. tats y sometime really hardly know who is the real one.. next time must check n give way to them liao...
    so, how do you identify the real McCoy? will he be wearing some kind of pass or something?
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Luval
    you caugh me in the photo.. .. white lens hood
    OT, u r using a white Nikon 70-200 VR?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast