Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 50

Thread: P&S choices: Why can't women make up their minds?

  1. #21

    Default Re: P&S choices: Why can't women make up their minds?

    For ladies... I recommend Sony for "X" factor.

    But can forget about pic quality unless condition are optimum.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  2. #22
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: P&S choices: Why can't women make up their minds?

    bring along a memory card can try the cameras at a shop, use the camera with Auto everything mode and take your wife's picture. after that print out the 3 pictures, the one in which she looks the best is the one that she wants.

    after all it is the camera that took the shot. so the camera must be good.

  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    SG,Northern
    Posts
    1,036

    Default Re: P&S choices: Why can't women make up their minds?

    It seems to me as juz a temptation to spend w/o a genuine need to own one.

    Usually from my xprience, if a lady is undecisive b4 making purchase, they actually hav dat lingering thought of "Hmm... Wouldn't it b great if I can hav one of these?!"

    But then on second thot, "Hmm... Wat wud I need it for? Izit worth buying? Or shud I use e money on something else?"

    Ya know sometimes we only realised dat we dun actually need some of the things we bought until we've own them. As humans we r under great influence of e global revolvement of technologies.

    Wud b great if u gets her real intention. Does she really intend to buy it n gonna really make full use of it? Or is she juz following e trend dat since people ard her has a dcam, so must she?

    Definitely dun wan another white elephant in e house right?

    My humble 2 cents...

  4. #24

    Default Re: P&S choices: Why can't women make up their minds?

    Quote Originally Posted by hazta
    It seems to me as juz a temptation to spend w/o a genuine need to own one.

    Usually from my xprience, if a lady is undecisive b4 making purchase, they actually hav dat lingering thought of "Hmm... Wouldn't it b great if I can hav one of these?!"

    But then on second thot, "Hmm... Wat wud I need it for? Izit worth buying? Or shud I use e money on something else?"

    Ya know sometimes we only realised dat we dun actually need some of the things we bought until we've own them. As humans we r under great influence of e global revolvement of technologies.

    Wud b great if u gets her real intention. Does she really intend to buy it n gonna really make full use of it? Or is she juz following e trend dat since people ard her has a dcam, so must she?

    Definitely dun wan another white elephant in e house right?

    My humble 2 cents...
    Thanks for the psycho-analysis, but sometimes you don't have to ABSOLUTELY need something in order to buy one

    Anyway, thanks for the suggetions everyone. We'll probably stop by the shop and try out the cameras again before deciding
    Last edited by Gymrat76; 21st August 2005 at 05:18 PM.

  5. #25
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: P&S choices: Why can't women make up their minds?

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    what did you do to her?
    She gets to keep all proceeds from my moonlighting in photography.

  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    hErE lAh
    Posts
    66

    Default Re: P&S choices: Why can't women make up their minds?

    Yah girls can't make up they minds sumtimes.

  7. #27
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,901

    Default Re: P&S choices: Why can't women make up their minds?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    She gets to keep all proceeds from my moonlighting in photography.
    She is smart!

  8. #28

    Default Re: P&S choices: Why can't women make up their minds?

    I was at that point too two months back. Unsure which p&s to get. Finally decided to go with ixus700. No regrets.

    And now... targetting at D70s!
    Find me at Claudia.sg and I work at 24seven

  9. #29
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default Re: P&S choices: Why can't women make up their minds?

    Quote Originally Posted by illustrious
    And now... targetting at D70s!

  10. #30

    Default Re: P&S choices: Why can't women make up their minds?

    Quote Originally Posted by espn

    Dun spread your virus in my thread!

    Eh you CoolPix G*** no tips for me ah?

  11. #31
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default Re: P&S choices: Why can't women make up their minds?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gymrat76
    Dun spread your virus in my thread!

    Eh you CoolPix G*** no tips for me ah?
    Oh, didn't know it's your wifey wanting a cam. Go for the 7900, got VR

  12. #32

    Default Re: P&S choices: Why can't women make up their minds?

    Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Oh, didn't know it's your wifey wanting a cam. Go for the 7900, got VR
    Ya lor, she complains the CP5400 too big for her, wants something smaller. So selling the 5400 to get a smaller camera. Even though the 5400 is the better camera IMHO, but no point if its not used and sits in the dry cabinet all the time.

    The electronic VR for the 7900 is only for movie mode only, if I'm not mistakened

  13. #33
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default Re: P&S choices: Why can't women make up their minds?

    Well, the 5900 would suffice too. Nice cool, slim, big LCD and fast AF + start up. BAGUS!

  14. #34

    Default Re: P&S choices: Why can't women make up their minds?

    Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Well, the 5900 would suffice too. Nice cool, slim, big LCD and fast AF + start up. BAGUS!
    5900 and 7900 not much price diff.. might as well go for the 7MP cam

  15. #35
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default Re: P&S choices: Why can't women make up their minds?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gymrat76
    5900 and 7900 not much price diff.. might as well go for the 7MP cam
    Then what are you waiting for?

  16. #36

    Default Re: P&S choices: Why can't women make up their minds?

    Wait lar, got so many cameras on the market now.. consider carefully lor

  17. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,164

    Default Re: P&S choices: Why can't women make up their minds?

    Even same model have different colors to choose from.

  18. #38
    Senior Member azul123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Eastern Bloc
    Posts
    2,776

    Default Re: P&S choices: Why can't women make up their minds?

    Aiyah, when it comes to women non-technically speaking and not generalising (which I am), just choose the one that is shinnest and smallest matching with whatever she was wearing that day, sure she'll say... wah you so clever.

    Die die, if wifey reads this.. will have big problem.

    ../azul123
    Last edited by azul123; 22nd August 2005 at 04:25 PM.

  19. #39
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default Re: P&S choices: Why can't women make up their minds?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gymrat76
    Wait lar, got so many cameras on the market now.. consider carefully lor
    Pass her to me, I help you settle her

  20. #40

    Default Re: P&S choices: Why can't women make up their minds?

    Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Pass her to me, I help you settle her

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •