Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: P&S choices: Why can't women make up their minds?

Default P&S choices: Why can't women make up their minds?

Sigh, I've been dragged into helping my wife make a decision on a camera purchase. The choices (thank goodness only got three!):

1. Nikon Coolpix 7900 (7MP)
    2. Casio Z750 (7MP)
    3. Casio S500 (5MP)

All cost around the same, give or take $50...

For small, slim design the Casio S500 wins, with the Z750 a close second. For ease of holding and grip, the Nikon wins hands down. Frankly, all three so tiny, don't know why the fuss on size

From test shots, found the Z750 to be oversaturated, but I'm sure can tone down the default settings. Coolpix quite nice, haven't tried the S500. Screen-wise, the Z750 has the largest screen, but didn't have time to compare all three at one go...

Anyone with any of these cameras care to offer your opinions on either of these cameras? Thanks!

BTW, not considering the Canon IXUS range cause don't like the design

Default Re: P&S choices: Why can't women make up their minds?

Personally, I have had problems with Casio before. The picture quality isn't that great, the battery tends to die out after some time (in my case, both the main and spare battery died after a few month's lifespan; my fren's casio batt lasted abt 6 months before dying). They also use a ceramic lens, which is touted as a 'better' lens - not too sure but the pictures are definitely not proof of its superiority.

i don't wanna add to your woes, but my personal choice for a slim camera would be Panasonic FX8. Good color, battery life is excellent, IS and Leica lens.
    Last edited by feryl; 19th August 2005 at 02:08 PM.

if only these 3 choices... I will take nikon. Tell her Nikon/Canon/Minolta/Olympus famous for making cameras... Casio eh...

For digi cam, I like olympus/fujifilm/canon/nikon in that order

I agree, my experiences with casio esp the ex series. They're still not 'there' yet you know..

thx.. how about the Lumix that feryl recommended? Personally I like the Nikon

Quote Originally Posted by Gymrat76
    thx.. how about the Lumix that feryl recommended? Personally I like the Nikon
    Panasonic partner with Lecia regarding the lens... so should be ok lah... and yah I forget about pentax!

i once considered teh 7900 in view of the IXUS50. IMO, the ixus won hands down. 7900 lacks even shutter control. if u don mind the 7900 shape, y not get the A520, slightly bigger only.

Buy three.

After she use three for awhile, keep the one she likes the most and give the other two away to her sister or brother.

Problem solved, case closed, end of story, bye bye. (for deal with indecisive women have to be bold and swift)

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    Buy three.

After she use three for awhile, keep the one she likes the most and give the other two away to her sister or brother.

Problem solved, case closed, end of story, bye bye. (for deal with indecisive women have to be bold and swift)
    you think i print money ah?

Or you give her the money, tell her all are the same, just tee kum tee kum buy any one can liao.

P&S choices: Why can't women make up their minds?
    Never underestimate a woman.

When visiting Hong Kong My wife decided to buy 10D for me. She also bought a set of EF extension tube, an extra battery pack and 2X 250mb and one 500mb CF cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion

When visiting Hong Kong My wife decided to buy 10D for me. She also bought a set of EF extension tube, an extra battery pack and 2X 250mb and one 500mb CF cards.
    what did you do to her?

Sigh, I've been dragged into helping my wife make a decision on a camera purchase. The choices (thank goodness only got three!):

1. Nikon Coolpix 7900 (7MP)
    2. Casio Z750 (7MP)
    3. Casio S500 (5MP)

All cost around the same, give or take $50...

For small, slim design the Casio S500 wins, with the Z750 a close second. For ease of holding and grip, the Nikon wins hands down. Frankly, all three so tiny, don't know why the fuss on size

From test shots, found the Z750 to be oversaturated, but I'm sure can tone down the default settings. Coolpix quite nice, haven't tried the S500. Screen-wise, the Z750 has the largest screen, but didn't have time to compare all three at one go...

Anyone with any of these cameras care to offer your opinions on either of these cameras? Thanks!

BTW, not considering the Canon IXUS range cause don't like the design
    your mistake is to let her choose. should have just bought the Coolpix for her.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

hmm, your wife should have also bought you a full set of L lens... y din she do that...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

That's a trap.
    War is one of the most regrettable human activities.

I think its time to buy a diamond necklace.

Get Nikon S1.

Quote Originally Posted by Venom81
    Get Nikon S1.
    Was considering it, but for just a bit more can get the CP7900 which I feel is the better camera, and I don't mean the 7 vs 5MP

Anyway, still undecided. Maybe have to go back Lords and play with them again

Was considering it, but for just a bit more can get the CP7900 which I feel is the better camera, and I don't mean the 7 vs 5MP

Anyway, still undecided. Maybe have to go back Lords and play with them again
    bring her along .. let her choose herself ...

you wont know what she really want ..even u bring her the best cam u think is good for her ..

oh ya .. I have recommended S1 to my friend and it is good
    Last edited by KNIGHT ONG; 20th August 2005 at 11:06 PM.
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT ONG
    bring her along .. let her choose herself ...

you wont know what she really want ..even u bring her the best cam u think is good for her ..

oh ya .. I have recommended S1 to my friend and it is good
    She did try herself, but still can't decide Picture quality-wise, most of the P&S are about the same, as in all quite close. The deciding factor is on size/shape/LCD size and some minor functions

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast