Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: disappointing school photos

Lightbulb Re: disappointing school photos

post the pic for us to critique leh?

Default Re: disappointing school photos

Hmm, sumtimes i shoot some events for my school for free too, use my own equipment oso. Sumtimes they give me CIP points lorh.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    Basically, all photographers have to shoot free for the schools, you have shoot the HOD with dept group free, all staff group free, class group free, some may ask you to shoot individual photos for Op chart and major school events for free, what you make is from selling prints to students.

So what you guess? Who can offer more free shoots and low price print package will get the jobs.

You want to submit tender? Can, quote low low and hope someone screwed up last year.
    Recently, I faced the same problem. One of the organisations who normally engage me started to ask for quotations..... and believe or not, one DTH's (Dick,Tom & Harry) quotation is 50% cheaper than my normal price!

Of course, you don't expect him to use pro gear with skill, however - how many clients really care about the skill & gear from the photographer ? What they want is the lowest quotation!

Pro photographer have no choice, they have to cast out wider net, look for new customers, and prepare to lose out some of the regular customer..........

Remember one simple rule, if you are a pro you have to try your best to upgrade your skills and gears regularly, let your photo help you to tell the whole story.

Pro don't have much choice, most of the goverment linked agencys call for quotations and they will choose the lower price....so do not put all the eggs in one basket, pro have to choose others they who appreciate your skill and pro have to prove to the clients they are choose the right person to do the right job and have to pay the right price.

Any other solution ? Please advice!

so sad........................markets are full of this ppl. anyhow charge..............
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by smurfman
    so sad........................markets are full of this ppl. anyhow charge..............
    Not as sad as those who can't tell the differences between good quality vs bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Hommie
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    The only good thing is when you go school collect CASH from students, count money count until you hands cramp.
    Next time when you collect money from school, please call me, uncle peter will like to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hommie
    The perception of good quality photos = Sharp Photos
    The perception of bad quality photos = Blurred Photos

Go to kopitiam and ask any ah peks. Show them 2 photos, though blurred with artistic value, all will say dat the sharper photo with bad composition and all is a good photo.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

I think requirement is kind of subjective.

If the client is also a Tiny, Dick & Hairy, he will only need good enough photos. Probably for newsletter or website. So high quality is not necessary and therefore they will settle for average photographers. The requirement will probably center on focus and composition.

But if the client is in fashion, advertisement or someone who plans to produce big copies (8R etc), then color, contrast and sharpness becomes an issue, and therefore they base the quote price as quality on face value... cheap means cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Lim
    Recently, I faced the same problem. One of the organisations who normally engage me started to ask for quotations..... and believe or not, one DTH's (Dick,Tom & Harry) quotation is 50% cheaper than my normal price!

Of course, you don't expect him to use pro gear with skill, however - how many clients really care about the skill & gear from the photographer ? What they want is the lowest quotation!

Pro photographer have no choice, they have to cast out wider net, look for new customers, and prepare to lose out some of the regular customer..........

Remember one simple rule, if you are a pro you have to try your best to upgrade your skills and gears regularly, let your photo help you to tell the whole story.

Pro don't have much choice, most of the goverment linked agencys call for quotations and they will choose the lower price....so do not put all the eggs in one basket, pro have to choose others they who appreciate your skill and pro have to prove to the clients they are choose the right person to do the right job and have to pay the right price.

Any other solution ? Please advice!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12