Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: best website hosting-for free

  1. #1

    Default best website hosting-for free

    which is the best website to upload pics for free to create ur portfolio... with large files format like raw and fine jpeg. thanks.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: best website hosting-for free

    dun think there is any free hosting / gallery that gives you ability to store raw files...

    infact, full uncropped jpeg of 6mp or 8mp, i think also quite substantial already, imagine 10 full size 6mp jpegs is about 25-30mb, just about 60 shots (est 2 rolls of film ) is about 180mb already... so how many portfolio u need?

  3. #3

    Default Re: best website hosting-for free

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    dun think there is any free hosting / gallery that gives you ability to store raw files...

    infact, full uncropped jpeg of 6mp or 8mp, i think also quite substantial already, imagine 10 full size 6mp jpegs is about 25-30mb, just about 60 shots (est 2 rolls of film ) is about 180mb already... so how many portfolio u need?
    ard 50 images from my d70, in large jpeg format?

  4. #4

    Default Re: best website hosting-for free

    Quote Originally Posted by damienster
    which is the best website to upload pics for free to create ur portfolio... with large files format like raw and fine jpeg. thanks.
    nothing is free, you pay it one way or another
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,717

    Default Re: best website hosting-for free

    Why the need for storing these file on web?

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    South Pole with Penguin
    Posts
    5,270

    Default Re: best website hosting-for free

    u want the best..and u still want free...

    if u really come across such provider which give u free hosting, better AVOID because they are going to close down sooner or later
    We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY

  7. #7

    Default Re: best website hosting-for free

    ok thanks guys

  8. #8

    Default Re: best website hosting-for free

    How about the normal photo hosting websites? (eg, flickr.com, multiply.com,fotopic.com)

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    89

    Default Re: best website hosting-for free

    You want to try www.photoviki.com

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Western SG
    Posts
    1,537

    Default Re: best website hosting-for free

    maybe I should start offering one for free and the agreement is that I get ALL copyrights of the image stored at that server

    good deal?

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    lulu island
    Posts
    6,131

    Default Re: best website hosting-for free

    http://www.photoi.org/share/
    PhotoI allows 3MB per photo to be uploaded for free.

  12. #12

    Default Re: best website hosting-for free

    Quote Originally Posted by Wai
    u want the best..and u still want free...

    if u really come across such provider which give u free hosting, better AVOID because they are going to close down sooner or later

    Very true.

  13. #13

    Default Re: best website hosting-for free

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowcrash
    maybe I should start offering one for free and the agreement is that I get ALL copyrights of the image stored at that server

    good deal?
    Lol, people will call you up and settle legal stuff

  14. #14

    Default Re: best website hosting-for free

    can try zoto.com 2gb free storage. http://www.zoto.com

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •