Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone bought CLOB shares in the 90's?

Question Anyone bought CLOB shares in the 90's?

More than a decade has passed, what is the resolution for the CLOB shares saga?

It seems that both governments have tried not to talk about it anymore. It is better to treat it as a historical event.

Default Re: Anyone bought CLOB shares in the 90's?

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi View Post
    More than a decade has passed, what is the resolution for the CLOB shares saga?

It seems that both governments have tried not to talk about it anymore. It is better to treat it as a historical event.
    You meant BOUGHT or BURNT by COG shares heheheh
    A good photo's 45% you, 45% practice & 10% equipment. A bad photo share the same ratio.

Didn't they start another new game recently just across the strait?

Never never trust them......

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    You meant BOUGHT or BURNT by COG shares heheheh
    Bought. Burnt is only valid if the CLOB shares are officially announced decommissioned.

Right now, the market is deemed suspended.

Bought. Burnt is only valid if the CLOB shares are officially announced decommissioned.

Right now, the market is deemed suspended.
    Burnt Same thing you can't do much with it. The worst I am aware of people I know, this old guy in particular who is down $400,000. Around 1996 or 97. Remember how the ruling party at that time was talking about letting people use their CPF to invest in certain 'approved' shares? And then the feeding frenzy begun with so many uninitiated being eaten alive by less then honorable brokers that fed the greed.
    A good photo's 45% you, 45% practice & 10% equipment. A bad photo share the same ratio.

Yes I lost alot of my hardearned cash... so much for opening a cdp account to trade..
    disappointed with sg govt really..

Errr I bought some may bank shares through the clob many years ago. Held onto them when clob was closed. After some time, I managed to sell them. I thought they were all transferred to the official bourse. I even made money.

I don't see why people r complaining if u made the choice to sell

Quote Originally Posted by sfoto100 View Post
    Yes I lost alot of my hardearned cash... so much for opening a cdp account to trade..
    disappointed with sg govt really..
    Firstly, I'm not a sg gov proponent.

But blaming them for your decision to partake the game.......

our then minister of finance, our current PM declared it was market risk. who set up the CLOB infarstructure? when will we ever learn?

Quote Originally Posted by dniwkh View Post
    Errr I bought some may bank shares through the clob many years ago. Held onto them when clob was closed. After some time, I managed to sell them. I thought they were all transferred to the official bourse. I even made money.

I don't see why people r complaining if u made the choice to sell
    So there was a resolution given? You managed to sell your holdings off and even made a profit. Can you tell us how did you manage to sell your shares? Transferred to which company and then sell through which channel?

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003 View Post
    our then minister of finance, our current PM declared it was market risk. who set up the CLOB infarstructure? when will we ever learn?
    One of the members just stated that he managed to sell the shares and made profit.

actually, u need to have holding power. Why buy shares if u know u can't afford to hold long?

Quote Originally Posted by Exposure View Post
    actually, u need to have holding power. Why buy shares if u know u can't afford to hold long?
    Many trade shares in speculative manners, and get burned sometimes

One of the members just stated that he managed to sell the shares and made profit.
    if anyone make money over the CLOB saga, then, good for him! anyone has any idea how much was wiped off overnight?

Quote Originally Posted by qystan View Post

Firstly, I'm not a sg gov proponent.

But blaming them for your decision to partake the game.......
    U r funny. I did make loss in clob.. I never blame anyone. .. but that clob can be declared illegal overnight.. I still blame myself? Our trades are all done thru cdp account which is the legal way to conduct the transactions.

I also kena burn a lot by china shares....log into sgx and see how many of them still trading at their issuing price? ...who can i blame?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    I also kena burn a lot by china shares....log into sgx and see how many of them still trading at their issuing price? ...who can i blame?
    I only buy blue chips or shares that are related to government investments, and i hold them for very long time, collecting dividends for years

those kinda of penny stocks are a waste of time
    Last edited by Exposure; 26th November 2014 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exposure View Post
    I only buy blue chips or shares that are related to government investments, and i hold them for very long time, collecting dividends for years

those kinda of penny stocks are a waste of time
    agreed, never really bother with penny s-chips.
    since i started last year, the REITS i'll bought, have been giving out decent dividends quarterly between 5% to 6%.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_84 View Post

agreed, never really bother with penny s-chips.
    since i started last year, the REITS i'll bought, have been giving out decent dividends quarterly between 5% to 6%.
    must hold long
    Last edited by Exposure; 5th December 2014 at 05:13 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast