Thread: What is a Film Protector?

Talking What is a Film Protector?

anyone know what's that? =)
    heard from my friend that it's something to protect our film from the x-ray in air-port. issit true that this kinda product exists? =) if hve any one knows how much issit?

Default Re: What is a Film Protector?

Originally posted by harvestnow
    anyone know what's that? =)
    heard from my friend that it's something to protect our film from the x-ray in air-port. issit true that this kinda product exists? =) if hve any one knows how much issit?
    Yes, it exists. It's basically a lead-lined bag for protecting your film against x-rays. Works well in theory. In practice, it can cause the x-ray operator to increase x-ray power to beyond what the bag can protect in order to "see" what's inside, thereby fogging your film. You're better off asking for hand inspection or just let it go through the x-ray machine at the gate (NOT THE CHECK IN ONE). The x-ray machines used at the gate is usually film safe.

Regards
    CK

so you think it's needed to buy one? =)

so you think it's needed to buy one? =)
    no need... just get a ziploc bag, dump your film rolls inside (without the plastic canisters) and show it to the airport personnel. they usually will just take a look, and let you hand-carry. no need to go thru the x-ray machine...

Originally posted by Larry
    no need... just get a ziploc bag, dump your film rolls inside (without the plastic canisters) and show it to the airport personnel. they usually will just take a look, and let you hand-carry. no need to go thru the x-ray machine...
    erm.. ziploc bag ar?.. erm.. won't it spoil the film inside, etc?
    say if i were to bring 3200s there... then how? =) ke ke

erm.. ziploc bag ar?.. erm.. won't it spoil the film inside, etc?
    say if i were to bring 3200s there... then how? =) ke ke
    why spoil? condensation? get rid of the air lah... it's the same as carrying around in those plastic canisters wot...