View Poll Results: How often do you exercise a week?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Everyday (i can complete the Ironman Triathelon)

    1 2.17%
  • 5-6 times

    3 6.52%
  • 3-4 times

    12 26.09%
  • 1-2 times

    17 36.96%
  • If I run the 2.4 I will just collapse.

    13 28.26%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 39

Thread: How often do exercise/workout a week?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    In Paradise
    Posts
    546

    Default How often do exercise/workout a week?

    Another poll ..... hopefully to get me(us) throught today.....

    How often do you exercise/workout a week? (lugging around a 600mm tele with an F5 on a gitzo does not count here. Neither does Bedminton)

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,315

    Default

    is basketball considered inside?

  3. #3

    Default

    sunday soccer everyweek.

    sat if no work...shld be go gaigai

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    In Paradise
    Posts
    546

    Default

    i guess so. exercise right?

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,315

    Default

    well, i play basketball for 30 mins to 1 hr everyday, if possible

  6. #6

    Default

    Tues , Thurs => Jog 3 km
    Sat evening => Basketball game
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

  7. #7

    Default

    I try to walk around with my camera once in a while.

    If I carry the A40 or the Ixus 330, it's light exercise.

    If I carry the D30 with the 70-200 f2.8, 24-70 f2.8, 20mm f1.8, 15mm fisheye, etc etc, it's major exercise.

  8. #8

    Default

    Originally posted by StreetShooter
    I try to walk around with my camera once in a while.

    If I carry the A40 or the Ixus 330, it's light exercise.

    If I carry the D30 with the 70-200 f2.8, 24-70 f2.8, 20mm f1.8, 15mm fisheye, etc etc, it's major exercise.

  9. #9

    Default exercise

    at first i was running only 2 to 3 times a week but decided to up the training when i watched <combat missions>. incidentally, scott helvenston is my role model as far as fitness is concerned.it has always been my childhood dream to be an ultrastamina runner but i was always weak and sickly. serving army provided the big break to start my fitness conditioning... now my status/version is mainly run 8 to 10 km 3 times a week plus sometimes a light 5km run,(so its either 3 or 4 times a week) .sometimes the additioal 5 km light run i do it in long four+boots /heavy shoes at a slower pace, sometimes i cut i down to a 4km fast sprint in the usual singlet/shorts. i am hoping to hit 15 to 20 km in the next few years and then the ultimate 50km. but the short term goal is that i will be aiming to break 9:45 in 2.4km. maybe something like 9 flat to 9:30 will be just fine

    and intersperse some static stations(crunches,back strengthening,thigh strengthening--to support the proper running posture--& simple pushup/free weights) through the week whenever free but must be at least once a week


    then to simultaneously relax and also train mental strength i log into yahoo games to play reversi for a few hours and maintain a effective rating between 1800++ to 1900++. i am hoping to break the 2000 barrier in the next few years.

    then for visual training...take more photos :-)

    cheers

  10. #10

  11. #11

    Default

    mega, last saturday me & gabriel went down. you'll weren't there leh....

    guess who we met -> Corey! He's back from france

  12. #12

    Default Re: How often do exercise/workout a week?

    Originally posted by NitroTech
    Another poll ..... hopefully to get me(us) throught today.....

    How often do you exercise/workout a week? (lugging around a 600mm tele with an F5 on a gitzo does not count here. Neither does Bedminton)
    Why you asking all this? Survey for your job huh?

    Anway, I've stopped exercise for a few months, too much commitments (Good excuse ).... used to work out 2-3 times a week, going gymn and jogging (4-6km).
    Last edited by scanner; 9th October 2002 at 01:40 PM.

  13. #13

    Default

    Originally posted by Shadus
    mega, last saturday me & gabriel went down. you'll weren't there leh....

    guess who we met -> Corey! He's back from france
    should have called me ... wah long time never see him liao ..
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

  14. #14
    Senior Member Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    11,650

    Default

    I don't really allocate time for working out. Maybe 2 times a week, I visit the gym at my place while doing laundry. I constantly walk up my apartment(8 floors) and walk to school(5 blocks away).

    Anything that can make me break a sweat is work out.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    In Paradise
    Posts
    546

    Default Re: Re: How often do exercise/workout a week?

    Originally posted by scanner


    Why you asking all this? Survey for your job huh?

    Anway, I've stopped exercise for a few months, too much commitments (Good excuse ).... used to work out 2-3 times a week, going gymn and jogging (4-6km).
    What survey??? For what job??? No lah, I work in a totally different line mate!! Just trying to kill time in the office cos Boss on leave for 2 weeks so.........

  16. #16

    Default Re: Re: Re: How often do exercise/workout a week?

    Originally posted by NitroTech


    What survey??? For what job??? No lah, I work in a totally different line mate!! Just trying to kill time in the office cos Boss on leave for 2 weeks so.........
    Wah....so good! My boss on business trip, but I'm left with tons of work....

    So which line you in?

  17. #17
    ClubSNAP Idol Adam Goi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    5,682

    Default

    Twice a week, each session lasts 50-60 minutes. Routines include a typical gym workout and top it off, a run of 15 minutes covering a distance of 3.2km.

    The rule of a good work routine (to me) is that once a person is comfortable with the timing and weights, it's time to up bar!

  18. #18

    Default

    Originally posted by AdamGoi
    Twice a week, each session lasts 50-60 minutes. Routines include a typical gym workout and top it off, a run of 15 minutes covering a distance of 3.2km.

    The rule of a good work routine (to me) is that once a person is comfortable with the timing and weights, it's time to up bar!
    Holding a cane running after your student.
    Does that count as exercising?

  19. #19
    ClubSNAP Idol Adam Goi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    5,682

    Default

    Originally posted by scanner


    Holding a cane running after your student.
    Does that count as exercising?
    Nope, teachers nowadays cannot administer corporal punishments anymore. We are expected to BBQ them with the power of reasoning and persuasion, seasoned with 'heaps' of love and care!

  20. #20
    ClubSNAP Idol Adam Goi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    5,682

    Default

    Urgh...this thread reminds me that I have my IPPT this Saturday!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •