Thread: HELP! How do I download MPEGS videos to my PC?

Default HELP! How do I download MPEGS videos to my PC?

Hi all,

I know this isn't a photo question per se, but was hoping that some guru can assist. Sorry guys, I'm a total idiot when it comes to these things!

If I have MPEG4 viseos on Digital Video Tape, how do I download them to my PC so that I can 1) Play them using Windows Media Player 2) burn into CD? I have all the original programme CD and whatever cabels. It's a Panasonic NV-GS55 digital video player ... if this info helps.

Kam sia in advance for any assistance!

Default Re: HELP! How do I download MPEGS videos to my PC?

I am using a Panasonic NV-GS400 and I use Pinnacle Studio Deluxe to download my video to my pc using firewire. I think the software that comes with Panasonic should be able to do that using USB.

1. install the software that came with the videocam
    2. connect videocam to computer
    3. turn on everything and start transfer
    4. to burn into VCD, u need to convert all the video from whatever format into mpeg1 format.

Blog Entries

get a mac, it's easier

plug your camera in and imovie will start, download and edit and burn.

Thabks guys! U make it sounds sooo easy! I must be an IT idiot ... HEY! Wait a minute ... IAM AN IT IDIOT!!!

Well, I downloaded all the software that came with the cam.

The instructions say to transfer from the tape TO an SD card and then read the SD card on the PC. That effectively bypassed ALL the downloaded software...

Hey, it works! But got no sound and the video quality is low. How do I get sound and high quality video onto my PC?

Back to the manual ... (I am so tempted to go personally to Panasonic and ask them to actually show me how to do this. Besides, my Panasonic handphone finally konked and I have to get them to extract data from it).

Thanks Ortega. Yes, I know Macs make life a few thousand times easier, but the problem is I don't have one, and nowadays don;t have access to one easily. AIYAHHH.....
    Last edited by Feinwerkbau; 18th August 2005 at 12:39 AM.