Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rules for the Esplanade?

JaDe
    Guests

I like it when Elsanto put a struggle against ridiculous rules which is against our interest...maybe we young (in the heart) juz hav the rebellious tinkin and we often like pissing others to our pleasure...
    But at the moment few would tink tat the action MIGHT hav done harm to the several others...
    If i hav a chance...i'll love to put cones on the domes !
    lolz...if only i've got a chopper n 2 huge cones...~

Sin
    Guests

Originally posted by Jimmy Liew

besides the cost of the place, they are also concern about the content and the history of the group booking. before getting a spot, you'll need to submit details of the performance and also recordings/samples of ur pasts.
    No surprise that censorship is being practised.
    Jump start the Arts? In my opinion we still have a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong way to go.
    The place serves a more commercial purpose than it does the art.

JaDe
    Guests

Agreed...

Originally posted by elsanto
    Can't they simply do a "can't sell" campaign instead of a "can't shoot" ?? There's a big difference you know... Darn. Anyway, I went in to the concert hall, theater, all around, and had pics of in, discretly of course.

Just before I left (after I had shot up a whole roll), I flashed a shot (50mm f1.9 with flash) at the security guard to spite him, cheez, mann... is he fierce or what, he and his dear friend slammed me against a wall, radioed for backup, frisked me, took my cam, fumbling with it, opened it up...

only to find that there's no film in it.

Tsk tsk...
    man, can't believe they did that to you! just imagine them doing that to a MP which they couldn't recognise? ha ha ha ha... what about senior citizens.. will they still be so aggressive?
    Last edited by djork; 22nd October 2002 at 11:58 PM.
    Canon 300D, 30D, 5D. 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L, 70-200 f2.8 L IS

JaDe
    Guests

Eh....bad results...~
    Worst consequences...

Originally posted by ckiang

I went with my parents on the 2nd day of opening. I had my big SLR with grip and a 28-70 slung around my neck. Not long after I entered, a security guard politely reminded me that no photography is allowed. I said ok.

Walked around the place, discreetly took a few shots, was not stopped. heh. Others were shooting with their P&S. Rooftop terrace was not open.

Next thing to try: Shooting in the concert hall, when I attend one of the concerts. A Coolpix 950 is as quiet as it can get (more so than some German cameras), no one should notice. There's always a certain thrill in defying "no photography" rules.

As can be seen from this pic by street master Red Dawn:

Regards
    CK
    does this happen to be the court house (or watever its called)? i wanted to gather a group of guys wif cameras n pose in front of this sign taking fotos like tourists... haha. but too lazy to get about doin it.... how abt the next meeting?

Originally posted by Sin

No surprise that censorship is being practised.
    Jump start the Arts? In my opinion we still have a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong way to go.
    The place serves a more commercial purpose than it does the art.
    guess it's more for the upper class stuff like classical orchestras n stuff.... local theatre groups don't really benefit much from it, but the good news for the arts scene is it has created tons of jobs.. and hey it hasn't done any harm rite?

local theatre groups don't really benefit much from it,
    fyi, my choir group was given the green light to stage a show next year at the esplanade.

would you be willing to support local arts by attending?

JaDe
    Guests

When the time comes n i'll try to be free to support u
    =)

well, if it suits my taste, naturally. i've been influenced by a friend in theatre studies NUS, n i like watching local plays n stuff. training to be a yuppie, hehe.....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123