Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 149

Thread: Shoot for Miss Tropicana 2005

  1. #101
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Coughin' Hill
    Posts
    841

    Default Re: Shoot for Miss Tropicana 2005

    Hi vbs1979,

    Looking forward to see you guys again next week.

  2. #102

    Default Re: Shoot for Miss Tropicana 2005

    Quote Originally Posted by Wlyang
    Hi vbs1979,

    Looking forward to see you guys again next week.
    Cya next week, i think the next time we must swop position to get a different perspective. Btw, havent see yr pics yet?

  3. #103

    Default Re: Shoot for Miss Tropicana 2005

    Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32
    24th August 2005

    1. Mpenza
    2. Will03
    3. hazekang
    4. tang90246
    5. Long Thai Bean
    6. Adzz
    7. Phoakm
    8. 300N
    9. Arcanic
    10. Drudkh
    11. Wlyang
    12. Vinzxman
    13. Nemesis32
    14. vbs1979
    15. jsbn

    * Reserve
    16. Garion
    17.airforce1
    18. WoLoh (May I join)
    19. kwnsx.
    20. mohgui
    21. trenyi
    22. unseen
    23. custom_biker
    24. chenwei
    25. wilsonang
    damn... i am so late... any chances???

  4. #104
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Beijing, Shuangjing
    Posts
    1,213

    Default Re: Shoot for Miss Tropicana 2005

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123
    You're second from right or second from left?
    I'm 2nd from the right. See vbs1979 post.
    Pentaxian for life ! My Webby
    K-X, DA70mm F2.4. DA 35mm F2.4, DA 18-135 WR

  5. #105
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Coughin' Hill
    Posts
    841

    Default Re: Shoot for Miss Tropicana 2005

    Quote Originally Posted by vbs1979
    Cya next week, i think the next time we must swop position to get a different perspective. Btw, havent see yr pics yet?
    Were you standing near to Simon or Phoakm? If you are, I was on the right side as well. You should swapped with the guys from the left, will be much more difference in perspective.

    Anyway, I will be trying out my 70-200mm next week, so would try not to stand too close(especially near the DJ consol).

    I was a bit disappointed with most of my shots. Mainly Flash Overexpose (TTL issue) for the singer(sorry, wat's her name again) and the 2 dancers. Later, I was 'HIT' suddenly by 3D appearance until later I realised that I was shooting at 1/80 without changing to faster speed. So there are some degree of motion blur if they were moving faster. I must composed myself before I compose the image. hahaha......

    Hope to pose some 'salvagable' pictures by tomorrow for viewing. Did you post yet?

  6. #106
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Shoot for Miss Tropicana 2005

    I see, I was given the impression that the person second from the right (where the words 2005 are in that photo) was Drudkh.

    Quote Originally Posted by art2d2
    I'm 2nd from the right. See vbs1979 post.

  7. #107
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Beijing, Shuangjing
    Posts
    1,213

    Default Re: Shoot for Miss Tropicana 2005

    Some of my humble shots here. Shot mostly with a 70-200. Warning - Some nose bleed shots in page 2.

    http://art2d2.clubsnap.org/gallery/tropicana1
    Pentaxian for life ! My Webby
    K-X, DA70mm F2.4. DA 35mm F2.4, DA 18-135 WR

  8. #108

    Default Re: Shoot for Miss Tropicana 2005

    Quote Originally Posted by Wlyang
    Were you standing near to Simon or Phoakm? If you are, I was on the right side as well. You should swapped with the guys from the left, will be much more difference in perspective.

    Anyway, I will be trying out my 70-200mm next week, so would try not to stand too close(especially near the DJ consol).

    I was a bit disappointed with most of my shots. Mainly Flash Overexpose (TTL issue) for the singer(sorry, wat's her name again) and the 2 dancers. Later, I was 'HIT' suddenly by 3D appearance until later I realised that I was shooting at 1/80 without changing to faster speed. So there are some degree of motion blur if they were moving faster. I must composed myself before I compose the image. hahaha......

    Hope to pose some 'salvagable' pictures by tomorrow for viewing. Did you post yet?
    i was standing on the right facing the stage. then as the show went on, the crowd move closer to the stage and i was "pushed" forward. Yewkay went over to join phoakm bcos we have not much standing place. In the end, i was shuttling between their position and my position. Anyway, my pics are too soft as compared to the rest
    i did not step down my f-stop. Hope to d better next week. Nice meeting you. See link http://forum.clubsnap.com/showthread.php?t=146962
    Last edited by vbs1979; 19th August 2005 at 03:45 PM.

  9. #109
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    lulu island
    Posts
    6,131

    Default Re: Shoot for Miss Tropicana 2005

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123
    I see, I was given the impression that the person second from the right (where the words 2005 are in that photo) was Drudkh.
    you want to date me?

  10. #110
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Shoot for Miss Tropicana 2005

    nope, wonder where you got that idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh
    you want to date me?

  11. #111

    Default Re: Shoot for Miss Tropicana 2005

    I won't be able to shoot this coming wednesday.. anybody confident enough to try using the 85mm F1.4 and D2X to shoot from where I was standing last week?

  12. #112

    Default Re: Shoot for Miss Tropicana 2005

    I can try taking for you. I have the same setup but with 70-200VR.
    Think of concepts and work towards it.

  13. #113

    Default Re: Shoot for Miss Tropicana 2005

    Quote Originally Posted by airforce1
    I can try taking for you. I have the same setup but with 70-200VR.
    You tried to shoot this before?? you've to be comfortable with using M mode and adjusting shutter speed as they walk along the stage.. different parts of the stage are exposed differently.

  14. #114
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    La La Land
    Posts
    1,294

    Default Re: Shoot for Miss Tropicana 2005

    Quote Originally Posted by willyfoo
    You tried to shoot this before?? you've to be comfortable with using M mode and adjusting shutter speed as they walk along the stage.. different parts of the stage are exposed differently.
    hahaha... better leave this to the pro although i sure as hell would want to use the D2X
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

  15. #115

    Default Re: Shoot for Miss Tropicana 2005

    Quote Originally Posted by willyfoo
    You tried to shoot this before?? you've to be comfortable with using M mode and adjusting shutter speed as they walk along the stage.. different parts of the stage are exposed differently.
    No problems but i am on no.2 reserved list Garion got priority.
    Think of concepts and work towards it.

  16. #116
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: Shoot for Miss Tropicana 2005

    24th August 2005

    1. Mpenza
    2. Will03
    3. hazekang
    4. tang90246
    5. Long Thai Bean
    6. Adzz
    7. Phoakm
    8. 300N
    9. Arcanic
    10. Drudkh
    11. Wlyang
    12. Vinzxman
    13. Nemesis32
    14. vbs1979
    15. jsbn <---------- Can't make it as I got something on...

    * Reserve
    16. Garion
    17.airforce1
    18. WoLoh (May I join)
    19. kwnsx.
    20. mohgui
    21. trenyi
    22. unseen
    23. custom_biker
    24. chenwei
    25. wilsonang
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  17. #117
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Westy
    Posts
    2,671

    Default Re: Shoot for Miss Tropicana 2005

    24th August 2005

    1. Mpenza
    2. Will03
    3. hazekang
    4. tang90246
    5. Long Thai Bean
    6. Adzz
    7. Phoakm
    8. 300N
    9. Arcanic
    10. Drudkh
    11. Wlyang
    12. Vinzxman
    13. Nemesis32
    14. vbs1979
    15. Garion

    * Reserve
    16.airforce1
    17. WoLoh (May I join)
    18. kwnsx.
    19. mohgui
    20. trenyi
    21. unseen
    22. custom_biker
    23. chenwei
    24. wilsonang


    Helped moved Garion up to the list.

  18. #118
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    West side of S'pore
    Posts
    5,528

    Default Re: Shoot for Miss Tropicana 2005

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Arcanic~
    24th August 2005

    1. Mpenza
    2. Will03
    3. hazekang
    4. tang90246
    5. Long Thai Bean
    6. Adzz
    7. Phoakm
    8. 300N
    9. Arcanic
    10. Drudkh
    11. Wlyang
    12. Vinzxman
    13. Nemesis32
    14. vbs1979
    15. Garion

    * Reserve
    16.airforce1
    17. WoLoh (May I join)
    18. kwnsx.
    19. mohgui
    20. trenyi
    21. unseen
    22. custom_biker
    23. chenwei
    24. wilsonang


    Helped moved Garion up to the list.
    Thanks Arcanic!!

  19. #119

    Default Re: Shoot for Miss Tropicana 2005

    24th August 2005

    1. Mpenza
    2. Will03
    3. hazekang
    4. tang90246
    5. Long Thai Bean
    6. Adzz
    7. Phoakm
    8. 300N
    9. Arcanic
    10. Drudkh
    11. Wlyang
    12. Vinzxman
    13. Nemesis32
    14. vbs1979
    15. Garion

    * Reserve
    16.airforce1
    17. WoLoh (May I join)
    18. kwnsx.
    19. mohgui
    20. trenyi
    21. unseen
    22. custom_biker
    23. chenwei
    24. wilsonang
    25. ockly

  20. #120

    Default Re: Shoot for Miss Tropicana 2005

    24th August 2005

    1. Mpenza
    2. Will03
    3. hazekang
    4. tang90246
    5. Long Thai Bean
    6. Adzz
    7. Phoakm
    8. 300N
    9. Arcanic
    10. Drudkh
    11. Wlyang
    12. Vinzxman
    13. Nemesis32
    14. vbs1979
    15. Garion

    * Reserve
    16.airforce1
    17. WoLoh (May I join)
    18. kwnsx.
    19. mohgui
    20. trenyi
    21. unseen
    22. custom_biker
    23. chenwei
    24. wilsonang
    25. ockly
    26. MLSK

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •