Thread: Shooting a roll of film twice

Phildate
    Guests

Default Shooting a roll of film twice

How easy is it to load a film a second time?? I guess I need a camera shop to pull the film out again but will the camera automatically align the film as before? I will be using a Nikon F65.
    Any advice (including where best to get this done) would be much appreciated.

Phil

Beauty is in the eye of the Beer Holder

1. Easy
    2. Use a film picker
    3. No, you'll have to remember where it was last at. Cap the lens, set to high shutter speed, and advance to where you last left, plus an extra frame to be safe.

Default Re: Shooting a roll of film twice

Originally posted by Phildate
    How easy is it to load a film a second time?? I guess I need a camera shop to pull the film out again but will the camera automatically align the film as before? I will be using a Nikon F65.
    Any advice (including where best to get this done) would be much appreciated.

Phil

Beauty is in the eye of the Beer Holder
    Nope you don't need to bring it to the camera shop. You'll need a film picker. Or find out from Nikon if you can get your F65 reprogrammed to leave the film leader out after rewind just like the F90X and F100.

You won't have much problem with alignment but when forwarding the film to the last frame after re-loading, just plus one or 2 more frames to be sure.

If you need the steps on re-loading films, let me know.

Originally posted by YSLee
    1. Easy
    2. Use a film picker
    3. No, you'll have to remember where it was last at. Cap the lens, set to high shutter speed, and advance to where you last left, plus an extra frame to be safe.
    Don't worry about it, YS already covered it.

Phildate
    Guests

Default Thanks

Thanks a lot chaps - very useful. I am probably going to shoot a whole roll of film, reload, then shoot the whole roll again. Guess I don't have to remember where I left off.

Can I get a film picker at any good photo shop? I will try somewhere in Peninsula tomorrow.

Phil

Default Re: Thanks

Thanks a lot chaps - very useful. I am probably going to shoot a whole roll of film, reload, then shoot the whole roll again. Guess I don't have to remember where I left off.

Can I get a film picker at any good photo shop? I will try somewhere in Peninsula tomorrow.

Phil
    Huh? wait, what do you mean by shoot and reshoot the whole roll again? Thinking of multiple exposures?

You shouald be able to get the film picker in Peninsula. Try Ruby. I was told that the Kodak ones are good. Don't get the cheaper ones, waste of time.

Default Re: Thanks

Phil
    ???

Phildate
    Guests

Kit,

Was going to shoot some night time pics of Esplanade in bottom left of frame, rewind, reload and then try and capture fireworks in top right on Saturday night. Never tried before but nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Phil

Kit,

Was going to shoot some night time pics of Esplanade in bottom left of frame, rewind, reload and then try and capture fireworks in top right on Saturday night. Never tried before but nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Phil
    Oh ok. Understand now.

Kit,

Phil
    I see but be careful. My F100 does misalign reloaded films once in a while. That's why I said its best you leave 1 or 2 frames buffer. You might not want to take that into considerations.

Phildate
    Guests

Cool - will try my best and if anything turns out good, will post and you can let me know your opinions!

I'm a new member and have to say that this has been very helpful. Thanks for the swift replies.

Cool - will try my best and if anything turns out good, will post and you can let me know your opinions!

I'm a new member and have to say that this has been very helpful. Thanks for the swift replies.
    No worries. Anytime. Enjoy the shoot.

Har? You want to have fireworks in 2 corners of the frame???

I learnt the desperate method for those non film-picker equipped folks not too long ago.

Get a nice transparency 'paper'. Slice it into a stip wide enuf to slide into the 'mouth' of a roll. Cut some double sided tape paste it on the edge of the transparency, cross your fingers, and pick away!

Originally posted by YSLee
    1. Easy
    2. Use a film picker
    Hope not too late, remember to set your F-stop to the max.
    which means step down your aperature to the min.