Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: whats with singapore's buses?

Default Re: whats with singapore's buses?

Quote Originally Posted by hongsien
    I believe you are exaggerating with the numbers.........was the increase really from SGD 2.40 to SGD 7.50 for the max fare?

HS
    Feeder bus where got min and max fare????????????? wake up!!! Only fare with and without card.

It's from 15 cent to 90 cent as of today rate. Find me a place on earth that the rate increase that fast.

Quote Originally Posted by paradigm
    My point was unnecessary air-con, thus raising cost, to the commuters ... If they are using air-con buses for all services and maintaining the price, I have no beef w that. But if they claim that cost hv increased, then they should look into cutting unnecessary expenditure ... anyway, the fare price raising 100%+ is a lot to give in spite of air-con ...
    Actually, the intitial plan long ago was to have an all-aircon bus service throughout Singapore, but this was shelved because our older generations dont take to aircon like the way we pampered "youngsters" do.

I am not so sure how we would define "unnecessary" air-con. What you consider unnecessary may be necessary to the next passenger. Not every Singaporean thinks that a single bus stop ride must be non-aircon loh...
    D300s D200 350D | N18-200VRII N18-70 N50 TK12-24 S70-300 TR18-200

Quote Originally Posted by weg
    i always find TIBS buses much cleaner and with working aircons/better maintained than SBS buses. If TIBS can do it, I don't see why SBS can't. I don't think that Singaporeans are complaining alot, in fact, I applaud many many pple who put up with the standard and quality (or lack thereof) of bus ride provided by a majority of SBS buses. If only more people would complain to SBS perhaps it would knock some sense into it. Perhaps the officials doing public transport planning should have a compulsory month every year where they have to only commute by public transport. None of them should complain abt doing that if they really feel that it's of a world class standard.

Now that our SBS drivers are getting better pay, I do hope that they would be more motivated to provide a better bus-ride for commuters. If our gahmen sincerely wants a WORLD CLASS transport, then excuses like it is very difficult to do transport planning etc should not be an issue.
    TIBS (SMRT Buses) has a fleet of 729 buses. SBS Transit has 2,700. So I wont exactly consider the two as comparable.

Allow me to add in a few comments.

The only fair comparision in my opinion is the comparing the ratio of cleaners and buses, frequency of cleaning, and type of cleaning methods.

And I don't mind of all the seats in the buses are changed to plastic fibre-glass seats like those of Fast Food chains. Confirm easier to maintain and cleaner.

I always have this habit of taking a smaller breath when i board a SuperBus. Maybe its my sensitive nose but alot of these buses has strange smell and some even comes with "fragrances" of a stale damp cloth that reminds me of roaches.

Quote Originally Posted by huaiwei
    TIBS (SMRT Buses) has a fleet of 729 buses. SBS Transit has 2,700. So I wont exactly consider the two as comparable.

Quote Originally Posted by amospi
    Feeder bus where got min and max fare????????????? wake up!!! Only fare with and without card.

It's from 15 cent to 90 cent as of today rate. Find me a place on earth that the rate increase that fast.
    Obviously I wasn't talking about the feeder bus.........you lah! I am not in SG now, was there an increase for all buses or for feeder buses only?

HS

Quote Originally Posted by hongsien
    Obviously I wasn't talking about the feeder bus.........you lah! I am not in SG now, was there an increase for all buses or for feeder buses only?

HS
    Actually i don't give a sh*t about the fare as compare to many country it's still consider reasonable but the system really suc/...k. Don't want to said anymore on this really make my blood boil.

BTW if you are not really in SG all the time you will never know what's going on here and what kind of life those lower income families here been through. Wish that we were just part of Malaysia.

Actually, I think it would be interesting to do a survey here on whether you think our public buses are good or bad, giving your age and which other cities' public buses your have rode before.

Is it something about our buses or something about our riders?

maybe something in the format: Nick, Good/Bad, Age, Cities of public buses rode.

Quote Originally Posted by Yildun
    Actually, I think it would be interesting to do a survey here on whether you think our public buses are good or bad, giving your age and which other cities' public buses your have rode before.

Is it something about our buses or something about our riders?

maybe something in the format: Nick, Good/Bad, Age, Cities of public buses rode.
    Haha perhaps we should indeed. Perhaps respondants should indicate their income level and the frequency in which they take local public transport too as well?

I find it rather amusing. So we have people here screaming that bus fares are high and then talk about the plight of "low-income families". So how many of you actually belong to that demographic group? Are we complaining more for these people, or for our selfish interests? That remains to be seen.

And talking about 15 cent bus rides...mind relating the state of bus services when the ride was that cheap?

I am not some employee of some transport company (and yes, I am unemployed, so I should prob be the one screaming louder than some of you), and yes, I do agree the local public transport system has room for improvement. I am particularly annoyed by the "deduct first-refund later" transaction system on buses, and the high incidents of over-charging, and these are some of my biggest sources of annoyance over the most recent fare raise. That said, I do find myself throwing my hands up in despair reading the kind of comments made by some of you above!

Gzz...5am. Yeah I cant sleep, so here I am trying to release some punt-up energy.
    Last edited by huaiwei; 18th August 2005 at 04:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by huaiwei
    Haha perhaps we should indeed. Perhaps respondants should indicate their income level and the frequency in which they take local public transport too as well?

I find it rather amusing. So we have people here screaming that bus fares are high and then talk about the plight of "low-income families". So how many of you actually belong to that demographic group? Are we complaining more for these people, or for our selfish interests? That remains to be seen.

And talking about 15 cent bus rides...mind relating the state of bus services when the ride was that cheap?

I am not some employee of some transport company (and yes, I am unemployed, so I should prob be the one screaming louder than some of you), and yes, I do agree the local public transport system has room for improvement. I am particularly annoyed by the "deduct first-refund later" transaction system on buses, and the high incidents of over-charging, and these are some of my biggest sources of annoyance over the most recent fare raise. That said, I do find myself throwing my hands up in despair reading the kind of comments made by some of you above!

Gzz...5am. Yeah I cant sleep, so here I am trying to release some punt-up energy.
    Calm down lah.... Root of the whole problem is the significant increase of fare but not any significant improvement in service...

Lightbulb Re: whats with singapore's buses?

update. received a call from transitlink yesterday. they will send me a complimentary trip card.

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    i am in the midst of claiming a partial refund of my fare paid from transitlink. took a smrt bus from terminal to terminal. the air con was poor when i stepped onto the bus. but, it did not improve but got worse when more communters got on. three of us sitting at the left rear of the bus opened the windows(luckily, it was before retrofitting). when i got off the terminal, i lodged a feedback and asked for partial refund. to-date, transitlink has called me twice. the latest, was this afternoon. i still want my partial refund.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234