Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: whats with singapore's buses?

Default Re: whats with singapore's buses?

Quote Originally Posted by idor
    not that I dun wanna return home... its simply cannot afford to return home..
    It can be done, just that whether you willing to accept a "lower standard of living".
    Do away with the car and fanciful items, you should be able to get by.
    At least your parent is here.

And sorry for the OT.

I am not too sure if you guys remember the 25cents ride for loop service, no matter what distance you travel. Nowadays its between 55cents and 65 cents ... wondering why the price double with the same distance. Why give air-con bus when we are taking 1 or 2 stops only or stay in the bus for less than 15 minutes on average ...

waste of money and charge us higher some more ....

Quote Originally Posted by paradigm
    I am not too sure if you guys remember the 25cents ride for loop service, no matter what distance you travel. Nowadays its between 55cents and 65 cents ... wondering why the price double with the same distance. Why give air-con bus when we are taking 1 or 2 stops only or stay in the bus for less than 15 minutes on average ...

I can imagine taking bus for 25 with SBS student pass... hehe 1 month 12 dollar bus stamp... now(spit on ground)... can only use that lousy EZ link card... think must put 5 dollar deposit somemore... not only that SBS overcharge me... I caught driver being lazy many times... instead of increasing the fare stage 1 by 1... they will increase a few stops at 1 go.... and I have to pay $$$ to go to beuna vista HQ to get 60 cents refund... Damn pissed man... I go home holiday still kena ketok.... SBS oops transit link oni know how to say we cheat them... they cheat us they also dun say.... (spit on ground again) Ohh... not only that NE link MRT... must pay more $$$ worse of all air con not as cold as other lines... hmmm actually must say... damn bloody hot.... (spit no ground 1 final time)

Quote Originally Posted by paradigm

Sigh...got aircon people complain...no aircon people also complain. So from the above, people want aircon when the trip is long, and no aircon when the trip is short. Perhaps we need compartmentalised buses next whereby each passenger has a little air-tight booth and can adjust his desired climate on his own?
    D300s D200 350D | N18-200VRII N18-70 N50 TK12-24 S70-300 TR18-200

Quote Originally Posted by huaiwei
    Perhaps we need compartmentalised buses next whereby each passenger has a little air-tight booth and can adjust his desired climate on his own?
    Yes, yes! Why not?

But really, SBS (especially) must clean up their buses. Since there are many people who say that we should give constructive feedback, here's one.
    1. Clean seats daily with disinfectant
    2. Driver to sweep floor
    3. Weekly, all buses will be specially cleaned by contracted companies
    The seats can be cleaned at bus interchanges, and since this is seemingly a "redundant" job, we are creating new jobs! Unemployment solved.

However, the SBS management will complain about the high costs. Therefore, the CEO will take a small paycut of peanuts along with his board. If these costs cannot be recovered, have a "Spot the Trash" contest. In this contest, passengers are encouraged to take photographs of people who eat or throw stuff in buses, so fines can be implemented.

Problem solved!

for me, i always find it hard to find bus when i need them... and most of the time i end up with not so nice bus... occassionally i do have nice ones passing by... but to the people of Singapore... can you tell me where are the CHIO BUS?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

i always find TIBS buses much cleaner and with working aircons/better maintained than SBS buses. If TIBS can do it, I don't see why SBS can't. I don't think that Singaporeans are complaining alot, in fact, I applaud many many pple who put up with the standard and quality (or lack thereof) of bus ride provided by a majority of SBS buses. If only more people would complain to SBS perhaps it would knock some sense into it. Perhaps the officials doing public transport planning should have a compulsory month every year where they have to only commute by public transport. None of them should complain abt doing that if they really feel that it's of a world class standard.

Now that our SBS drivers are getting better pay, I do hope that they would be more motivated to provide a better bus-ride for commuters. If our gahmen sincerely wants a WORLD CLASS transport, then excuses like it is very difficult to do transport planning etc should not be an issue.

Blog Entries

Only one phrase to sum it all up ....... you have all been taken on a ride!

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    commuters here have limited choices, so they complain and complain. if you need to take a bus, which one do you turn to? sbs transit or smrt depending on one's whereabout. so, no choices really. bus cos are taking a hard stance as they are in a near monopolistic position.
    You guys are just a bunch of spoilt brats! the public transport system here is already one of the best, just go to Europe and try your way around by bus, taxi, train. You will pay alot! I know because I grew up there. Buses in SG have high frequency, many lines available, although not as many as in HK, and mind you: trips are cheaper than in HK (a little though).

When people already have it good, still complaining? This is why you are never happy, cause you are never satisfied! Once, you have some good system, starts complaining. It is a never ending story! Alamak! Try to appreciate what you already have got!

About the aircon being too hot or too cold: this is because the driver can't switch it off like in the older buses. Also, the temp is set to lower than ambient, which means when it is raining and cold outside the bus, the temp will go down inside.....this is what needs to be changed.

Again people are never satisfied, be happy you have aircon eventhough it is too hot, imaging having NO aircon, it would be worse!

I travelled alot in buses in SG, only a few times were the aircon too low, this is when there are many people inside the bus.

Hong Sien
    Last edited by hongsien; 16th August 2005 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by idor
    I can imagine taking bus for 25 with SBS student pass... hehe 1 month 12 dollar bus stamp... now(spit on ground)... can only use that lousy EZ link card... think must put 5 dollar deposit somemore... not only that SBS overcharge me... I caught driver being lazy many times... instead of increasing the fare stage 1 by 1... they will increase a few stops at 1 go.... and I have to pay $$$ to go to beuna vista HQ to get 60 cents refund... Damn pissed man... I go home holiday still kena ketok.... SBS oops transit link oni know how to say we cheat them... they cheat us they also dun say.... (spit on ground again) Ohh... not only that NE link MRT... must pay more $$$ worse of all air con not as cold as other lines... hmmm actually must say... damn bloody hot.... (spit no ground 1 final time)
    better don't spit on public.. wait kena fine.. easily 1 year of your bus fare.

Quote Originally Posted by hongsien
    You guys are just a bunch of spoilt brats! the public transport system here is already one of the best, just go to Europe and try your way around by bus, taxi, train. You will pay alot! I know because I grew up there. Buses in SG have high frequency, many lines available, although not as many as in HK, and mind you: trips are cheaper than in HK (a little though).

When people already have it good, still complaining? This is why you are never happy, cause you are never satisfied! Once, you have some good system, starts complaining. It is a never ending story! Alamak! Try to appreciate what you already have got!

About the aircon being too hot or too cold: this is because the driver can't switch it off like in the older buses. Also, the temp is set to lower than ambient, which means when it is raining and cold outside the bus, the temp will go down inside.....this is what needs to be changed.

Again people are never satisfied, be happy you have aircon eventhough it is too hot, imaging having NO aircon, it would be worse!

I travelled alot in buses in SG, only a few times were the aircon too low, this is when there are many people inside the bus.

Hong Sien
    i think they are not happy because of the price shoot up too fast but the quality did not.

Quote Originally Posted by soma
    i think they are not happy because of the price shoot up too fast but the quality did not.
    I don't think they charge too much for the quality the deliver......

I think the water droplets are a small thing, but the cockroaches are I think due to the passengers carelessness in leaving food rests in the bus??? Why blame the driver or the bus company? We should start with ourselves.........

HS
    How do you think cockroaches travel from one end of Singapore to the other end? By air-coned bus of course.

Do you seriously expect them to crawl under the hot sun?

For the fussy bus passengers who do not like to ride with cockroaches, I think there should be buses designated "Cockroach Express".

I don't think they charge too much for the quality the deliver......
    You will never know how native singaporean feel toward this, it's not the charge that matter.
    Just think you are paying $1 for a ham burger today and a week later it became $3.50, it's still cheaper than United State but if you are eating at $1 everyday than became $3.50 and the burger is still the same size and same taste. Think about it..

We can organize a gathering to do 'macro photography' on some of the SBS buses. Wild life and nature shoot!

I have two bugbites about our buses.First is the "martini shaker" syndrome of our buses.These drivers simply cannot drive smoothly and insist on speeding up and slamming on the brakes.Secondly, it's the aircon temp that is set on our buses.I've seen bus captains turning down the fan speed of the aircon when the bus is filling up.WTH is going on man..It's warm and hot and instead of setting the aircon to 22 or 19, they leave it at 27.If it's a depot problem, then I think they should really take a long and hard look.

Since when does public transport have to be run like a private transport monopoly without any competition.This is just one good example of what is wrong with SG.
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by soma
    You will never know how native singaporean feel toward this, it's not the charge that matter.
    Just think you are paying $1 for a ham burger today and a week later it became $3.50, it's still cheaper than United State but if you are eating at $1 everyday than became $3.50 and the burger is still the same size and same taste. Think about it..
    I believe you are exaggerating with the numbers.........was the increase really from SGD 2.40 to SGD 7.50 for the max fare?

HS

Lightbulb Re: whats with singapore's buses?

i am in the midst of claiming a partial refund of my fare paid from transitlink. took a smrt bus from terminal to terminal. the air con was poor when i stepped onto the bus. but, it did not improve but got worse when more communters got on. three of us sitting at the left rear of the bus opened the windows(luckily, it was before retrofitting). when i got off the terminal, i lodged a feedback and asked for partial refund. to-date, transitlink has called me twice. the latest, was this afternoon. i still want my partial refund.

Hong Sien

Ehhh guys, dun know here bus cheaper a not...... they use magnetic ticket like what we used to use in MRT, 1 dollar ticket unlimited rides for 2 hours 1 way meaning you cannot cross the road and take back the same number. if student ticket price drop to 60 cents 2 hours... BTW that ticket can use to take bus and train...... den lower income family, the garment give them a special pass so that they can take public transport for free.... if you benificary of some charitable organization... e.g. you wanna take bus to NKF for dialysis, its also free. But than again, the buses are not as efficient as sg... but they are certainly much much cleaner. actually what pisses me off is that our world class public transport is not only spending millions to catch pple cheating 50 cents, they also spend millions to make extra 1 dollar by cheating poor pple instead of helping them out.

Quote Originally Posted by huaiwei
    Sigh...got aircon people complain...no aircon people also complain. So from the above, people want aircon when the trip is long, and no aircon when the trip is short. Perhaps we need compartmentalised buses next whereby each passenger has a little air-tight booth and can adjust his desired climate on his own?
    My point was unnecessary air-con, thus raising cost, to the commuters ... If they are using air-con buses for all services and maintaining the price, I have no beef w that. But if they claim that cost hv increased, then they should look into cutting unnecessary expenditure ... anyway, the fare price raising 100%+ is a lot to give in spite of air-con ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast