Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nuclear Explosion

Default Re: Nuclear Explosion

Quote Originally Posted by glensky
    A nuclear-powered engine works because heat is generated by the fissioning of the nuclear fuel. Two systems of pressurized water are sent through the nuclear engine. The first, or primary, system circulates water through the reactor, piping loops, pumps and finally to the steam generators, where the heat from the reactor is transferred to the secondary water system. The water from the primary system is then directed back to the reactor to be heated again. The heat transferred to the secondary system creates steam. This steam supplies the ship with electricity and propulsion when it moves through the turbine generators and propulsion turbines, respectively. The steam, condensed back to water, returns to the steam generators to be reheated
    ...but a direct hit will damage the reactor and will cause a disaster but not a nuclear explosion.
    Hmmm...... I read somewhere that they are researching a more powerful nuclear generator using fusion theory instead of fission. Or is it out already?

Question ?????

The more I read, the more I feel ...... funny leh.

Hommie, you plan to build one ?
    War is one of the most regrettable human activities.

OT abit.

Today is the 60th annivesary of the End of World War II.
    War is one of the most regrettable human activities.

Default Re: ?????

Quote Originally Posted by King Tiger
    The more I read, the more I feel ...... funny leh.

Hommie, you plan to build one ?
    Huh? Er.........no lah! Hahaha........*quickly throw the numbers of uranium and plutonium dealer's phone number into flame*......hehehee.... !

Quote Originally Posted by King Tiger
    OT abit.

Today is the 60th annivesary of the End of World War II.
    Yes, respect for those who lost their life in the war, especially Mr Lim Bo Seng.

OT a bit:

U know that in an underground nuclear explosion, the ground actually sinks in, to form a crater, than bursts out? Coz the sand & rock around the bomb vaporises, creating a smaller volume.

Quote Originally Posted by Hommie
    Hmmm...... I read somewhere that they are researching a more powerful nuclear generator using fusion theory instead of fission. Or is it out already?
    fission or fusion..they are all the same---all parts made in taiwan..kekekeke.kidding aside...have anyone thought of how does nuclear energy had benefitted mankind?

Quote Originally Posted by glensky
    fission or fusion..they are all the same---all parts made in taiwan..kekekeke.kidding aside...have anyone thought of how does nuclear energy had benefitted mankind?
    Now that's funny

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123