Thread: Warming & Cooling filter

Default Warming & Cooling filter

If I were to bring 1 warming (for autumn foliages) & cooling (not too sure when it would be used) filter each. which should I buy? (e.g 81B etc). I'm using a Nikon CP990.

Thanks!

With a digital camera, you shouldn't really need such filters. Play with WB settings or warm/cool it in PS later.

Regards
    CK

ck,
    wah ... really. thanks!
    that should save me some money

Originally posted by ckiang
    With a digital camera, you shouldn't really need such filters. Play with WB settings or warm/cool it in PS later.

Regards
    CK

Nothing beats having a real filter. So don't save.

Originally posted by maddog
    I'm saving for a DSLR, so must save

So far, there's only 1 filter on my G2, a UV for protection purposes. You can also try downloading some PS actions for post editing. Pretty handy if you asked me. I'm not sure if there are actions readily available for warming/cooling though.

I only have a polarizer for my CP990; I don't intend to invest any more gadget for this digicam. but I like the shape, the G2 too, they are great for travels.

playing with the color balance, you may able to simulate the warming / cooling filter.

traditional photographer will call us a cheat; I don' care lah. I just shoot for leisure & record only.

Originally posted by Kit
    So far, there's only 1 filter on my G2, a UV for protection purposes. You can also try downloading some PS actions for post editing. Pretty handy if you asked me. I'm not sure if there are actions readily available for warming/cooling though.

Originally posted by zOOm
    I only have a polarizer for my CP990; I don't intend to invest any more gadget for this digicam. but I like the shape, the G2 too, they are great for travels.

playing with the color balance, you may able to simulate the warming / cooling filter.

traditional photographer will call us a cheat; I don' care lah. I just shoot for leisure & record only.

That's the way it should be. Enjoy photography the way you want it because its yours.

Originally posted by maddog
    As far as warming/cooling filters go, there should not be any penalty doing it digitally. Plus, you have a lot more control.

Besides, if you have AWB ON, you essentially negate the effect of any filter (to some extent).

Regards
    CK