Thread: Any Quick Way to do this?

vince123123
    Guests

Default Any Quick Way to do this?

Lets say I have 100 jpgs already resized to 4R printing size.

However, I want to print each of them only in half the 4R size (ie two images in a single 4R sheet, since its cheaper than asking the shop to print 2R).

Is there a quick way to resize the images and lay them one on top of the other vertically and then resave into a single 4R sized image?

Ie. JPG 1 and JPG 2 resized to half size; put one on top of the other so that both fits into a single 4R size print. Repeat for JPG3 and 4, 5 and 6, and so on.

Any ideas?

Default Re: Any Quick Way to do this?

call the shop and ask if they'll do it for u?

gd luck bro, sounds tough, can't think of any automating way from PS

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123

However, I want to print each of them only in half the 4R size (ie two images in a single 4R sheet, since its cheaper than asking the shop to print 2R).

Is there a quick way to resize the images and lay them one on top of the other vertically and then resave into a single 4R sized image?

Ie. JPG 1 and JPG 2 resized to half size; put one on top of the other so that both fits into a single 4R size print. Repeat for JPG3 and 4, 5 and 6, and so on.
    The aspect ratio changes when combining two 4R prints, so you either have to crop or to add margins. Apart from that, montage (http://www.imagemagick.org/script/co...ls.php#montage) seems to be a close to perfect fit for your requirements. It is free.

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123

Any ideas?
    Use canon easyprint, it will automate to have 1, 2, 4. 9, or thumbnail, border or borderless in 4R size.
    ubans.com

vince123123
    Guests

Hmm is this freeware? Also, will it resave as new jpgs or can it only work as a send to print command. I need to have new jpgs as I'm sending to a shop to print.

Quote Originally Posted by xl1
    Use canon easyprint, it will automate to have 1, 2, 4. 9, or thumbnail, border or borderless in 4R size.

it can be done in ps cs
    under batch menu
    something about generate contact sheet

don't have ps cs with me now so can't guide you

Yes!
    Copy all the pictures into a word document page set up to 4R size.
    One pic per page in landscape mode.

Then when you send to printer chose printer preference to portrait and 2 pages per piece of 4R.

vince123123
    Guests

Hmm I need the output to be in jpg cos I'm sending it for shop print.

Quote Originally Posted by Zplus
    Yes!
    Copy all the pictures into a word document page set up to 4R size.
    One pic per page in landscape mode.

Then when you send to printer chose printer preference to portrait and 2 pages per piece of 4R.

Well there's such Photoshop function called Action. The user of cuz has to pre-record every steps for the required foto-editing or resizing, etc. Just do a one-time editing and then all the user has to do is just click on the 'play' button and everything will be in automation. Give it a try!

Anyway hope my suggestion helps. It's the best solution I can think of out of Adobe Photoshop. Cheers mate!

For using action, you need a few goes, if you use contact sheet II, to generate 2 thumbnails on a piece of 4R is possible, I have done with 4 thumbnails, 12 thumbnails, 20 thumbnails on a piece of 4R print before

Hope this help

Btw, you mention you are not pleased with the result of OYAMA laminating film, care to elaborate more?

vince123123
    Guests

I'm using PS 7.0 - will check to see if there's any contact list function.

The reason why Actions won't work in my case is because what I thought is Actions work on every single file in a folder. What I need is for the action to take the first and second file, combine. take 3 and 4, combine. take 5 and 6, combine. Not aware that the actions can be used to select files in this manner.

Unless of course, I keep dragging 2 files a time into a folder, run the action, then take the 2 out and put the next 2 in. When you have a few hundred, this gets tedious.

Quote Originally Posted by Mezzotint
    Well there's such Photoshop function called Action. The user of cuz has to pre-record every steps for the required foto-editing or resizing, etc. Just do a one-time editing and then all the user has to do is just click on the 'play' button and everything will be in automation. Give it a try!

Anyway hope my suggestion helps. It's the best solution I can think of out of Adobe Photoshop. Cheers mate!

Have a look at this -

http://www.ddisoftware.com/qimage/

Not sure if it is what you want but it is a very flexible piece of software.