Thread: Pine trees location in SG?

Default Pine trees location in SG?

Hi everyone!

I'm looking for a similar location to the photo above. Anyone knows if there are such places in SG? I've searched in a few parks but all seems too small for my shoot. I'm looking for something deeper into the forest. If anyone has been to these kind of location before, please share

Thanks

Default Re: Pine trees location in SG?

The closest native pine tree to Singapore is the Sumatran Pine (Pinus merkusii). Otherwise in Southeast Asia you have the Tenasserim Pine (Pinus latteri).

Most likely though, you will have to go to the north to find pine forests that look like the picture that you posted.
    Wilbur

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbur Su View Post
    The closest native pine tree to Singapore is the Sumatran Pine (Pinus merkusii). Otherwise in Southeast Asia you have the Tenasserim Pine (Pinus latteri).

Most likely though, you will have to go to the north to find pine forests that look like the picture that you posted.
    My ideal location is Pines. I know it's hard to find in SG because we're a tropical island. I'm also looking for locations that is dense but spacious forest with trees.

The closest I cant think of is a spot I regularly cycling along ECP.

Check out the view here (I didnt even know Google Maps have roadview on the cycling routes)

https://www.google.com.sg/maps/@1.31...!2e0!3e5?hl=en

Quote Originally Posted by alfie View Post
    The closest I cant think of is a spot I regularly cycling along ECP.

Check out the view here (I didnt even know Google Maps have roadview on the cycling routes)

https://www.google.com.sg/maps/@1.31...!2e0!3e5?hl=en
    Thanks for sharing Will check it out. Parking space is quite far from there right?

You can park (illegaly) here.. no one really cares.. https://www.google.com.sg/maps/@1.31...SR4w!2e0?hl=en

Path on the right of that photo is to the 'pines'. I love that area coz the trees are tall, and its quiet. I've seen people do photoshoots there.

Thanks Alfie! Heh i hope when i go there the summon aunty won't follow me

lol. good luck :P do post up the photos so i can see it :P

Woodleigh jogging area. It's as close as I can find

I'm curious what sort of shoot you are intending to do. In my eyes that image you posted in #1 is HDR. Now I know if I could go to that same Woodleigh area I could get a snap with similar effect to #1. I apologize and will delete my post if I am coming off as to presumptuous.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgdevilzz View Post
    Hi everyone! I'm looking for a similar location to the photo above. Anyone knows if there are such places in SG? I've searched in a few parks but all seems too small for my shoot. I'm looking for something deeper into the forest. If anyone has been to these kind of location before, please share Thanks

Try Changi Coast Track.

Sorry. Couldn't get link to work. I

t's the area between the cargo agents buildings and the sea before the old car ferry terminal if you're heading towards town. If you head further down the road the trees get thicker.
    Last edited by qystan; 7th November 2014 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikonzen View Post
    I'm curious what sort of shoot you are intending to do. In my eyes that image you posted in #1 is HDR. Now I know if I could go to that same Woodleigh area I could get a snap with similar effect to #1. I apologize and will delete my post if I am coming off as to presumptuous.
    WKS says that Mas Selemat is either in Singapore or already left Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    WKS says that Mas Selemat is either in Singapore or already left Singapore
    Most probably hiding in Haw Par Villa.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikonzen View Post
    My shoot is for a short film. Couple of guys running through a forest-like area. No twilight reference intended

Quote Originally Posted by qystan View Post
    Try Changi Coast Track.

Sorry. Couldn't get link to work. I

t's the area between the cargo agents buildings and the sea before the old car ferry terminal if you're heading towards town. If you head further down the road the trees get thicker.
    Cool I'll check that place out But the woodleigh forest area is good too

Christmas is coming. Knock yourself out at a departmental store

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    Christmas is coming. Knock yourself out at a departmental store
    No need. Orchard road will have many such trees: