Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Singapore Fireworks Festival - FRANCE *CHIT CHAT THREAD*

Default Re: Singapore Fireworks Festival - FRANCE *CHIT CHAT THREAD*

Very disappointing fireworks display.

last night's was fireworks? you all got it wrong! it was SMOKEWORKS!

Visually, France's display wasn't as spectacular as Portugal's or even S'pore's...

But personally, I feel that this show was very typical French... They take their time to build up slowly before hitting the climax... Don't forget French are one of the greatest lovers in the world... The pace was slow and steady and they really want the spectators to go with the flow...

On the technical front, I think they've used some very unique fireworks.... something we don't usually see...

Overall, I find it a classy display... Not hurried... Just went with the flow...

Just my 2 cents worth...

Cheers
    Jia Wang... "A photo is only as beautiful as the photographer's eyes can see."
    My Eyes ;)

not all fireworks go boom & bomb all d way start 2 end. it's a more subtle quiet 'affair'.

mayb some (me included) r jus more used 2 d loud crackle of most fireworks. its as if d French got "noise reduction' built into them, so quiet. mayb d intend was 4 audience 2 concentrate on d visual display, not 2 b distracted by d sound of fireworks?

Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz
    not all fireworks go boom & bomb all d way start 2 end. it's a more subtle quiet 'affair'.

mayb some (me included) r jus more used 2 d loud crackle of most fireworks. its as if d French got "noise reduction' built into them, so quiet. mayb d intend was 4 audience 2 concentrate on d visual display, not 2 b distracted by d sound of fireworks?
    Hmm...my friends standing at the Marina Padang and who could hear the soundtrack seems to enjoy it much better..compared to me at the waterfront who cant hear a thing. I suppose this is an important factor too? My friend even considered it the best so far, and very uplifting....
    D300s D200 350D | N18-200VRII N18-70 N50 TK12-24 S70-300 TR18-200

The French team were brilliant! I think your mileage varies depending on where you were located. For fireworks, i find that it is usually best to view from a slight distance so that the display is in front of you rather than above you. The french team displayed exquisite timing and co-ordination comapred to the national day fireworks. The golden finale was amazing!

I think the french team was really brilliant! They sure did live up to my expectations! They didn't put up much fanciful stuff yet their performance had a subtle flair to it.

The horizontal fireworks really caught me by surprise.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12