Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: Singapore Fireworks Festival - FRANCE *CHIT CHAT THREAD*

  1. #1

    Talking Singapore Fireworks Festival - FRANCE *CHIT CHAT THREAD*

    I was squashed by people underneath Sheares Bridge...

    SOOOO many people.... I think Singaporeans really love fireworks!

  2. #2

    Default Re: Singapore Fireworks Festival - FRANCE *CHIT CHAT THREAD*

    underneath sheare's bridge? you shld have walk further up.. lots of empty spaces for u to setup.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Singapore Fireworks Festival - FRANCE *CHIT CHAT THREAD*

    smoky fireworks session.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Singapore Fireworks Festival - FRANCE *CHIT CHAT THREAD*

    i Did, I was at the point nearest to the fireworks... the end there.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    143

    Default Re: Singapore Fireworks Festival - FRANCE *CHIT CHAT THREAD*

    On the bridge also the same. Some people even stand on the road. Funny the police didn't come and chase them away. Quite dangerous.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Singapore Fireworks Festival - FRANCE *CHIT CHAT THREAD*

    haha.... there was traffic jam where the danger

  7. #7

    Default Re: Singapore Fireworks Festival - FRANCE *CHIT CHAT THREAD*

    Tread moved since it more suitable here.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Singapore Fireworks Festival - FRANCE *CHIT CHAT THREAD*

    today's fireworks quite 'shitty'.. literally. bits and pieces in the here and there. quite disappointed.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    North Eastern end of SG
    Posts
    587

    Default Re: Singapore Fireworks Festival - FRANCE *CHIT CHAT THREAD*

    agree. rather slow fireworks throughout. was hoping for the climax but it ended without much bang.

    anyway, still had a good time as a gathering with friends.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: Singapore Fireworks Festival - FRANCE *CHIT CHAT THREAD*

    i thought today's display was really wonderful, the whole theme about the evolution of human civilisation. i noticed some very 'gentlemenly' behaviour from other photogs who took the front spots along Marina Bay, lowering their camera and avoided blocking spectators behind. i was rather late so had to take the back spot, unfortunately a super inconsiderate spectator had to stand up (and he's very tall) to block everyone behind him, including some kids and behind the kids, me if only i got a sling shot

  11. #11
    Senior Member scud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: Singapore Fireworks Festival - FRANCE *CHIT CHAT THREAD*

    Quote Originally Posted by mudsoap
    today's fireworks quite 'shitty'.. literally. bits and pieces in the here and there. quite disappointed.
    yup, portugal was the best.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: Singapore Fireworks Festival - FRANCE *CHIT CHAT THREAD*

    Ahhh... The fireworks ended at 0820H, I left dat place with my friend at around 2200H.

    Can't say really spectacular to be honest. Was disappointed with the finale (I expected BIGGER) as well as my photos.

    Ah well, there's always another year. Practice makes perfect.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    West side of S'pore
    Posts
    5,528

    Default Re: Singapore Fireworks Festival - FRANCE *CHIT CHAT THREAD*

    Quote Originally Posted by scud
    yup, portugal was the best.
    Yes Portugal was the best!!! Beautiful choreographed and very little smoke!!!

  14. #14
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: Singapore Fireworks Festival - FRANCE *CHIT CHAT THREAD*

    i feel the only problem for today's fireworks is that there wasnt wind to blow away the smoke. else, it is better than singapore team and the ndp fireworks.
    there was a part where the shots were fired horizontally, 1st time see that
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: Singapore Fireworks Festival - FRANCE *CHIT CHAT THREAD*

    Quote Originally Posted by denniskee
    i feel the only problem for today's fireworks is that there wasnt wind to blow away the smoke. else, it is better than singapore team and the ndp fireworks.
    there was a part where the shots were fired horizontally, 1st time see that
    actually there wasn't much smoke from my POV ... i really enjoyed today's show if not for some frustrating moments with the photographing, really well choreographed. i always think that a well designed fireworks show that don't look good on photographs cannot be deemed as having 'failed' ... the spectators' reactions say it all

  16. #16

    Default Re: Singapore Fireworks Festival - FRANCE *CHIT CHAT THREAD*

    Was quite disappointed in tonight's show . It was indeed VERY smoky. I thought the Singapore one was better than the French. Too bad I missed the Portugal one .

  17. #17
    Member/Tangshooter zaxh81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    4,339

    Default Re: Singapore Fireworks Festival - FRANCE *CHIT CHAT THREAD*

    Quote Originally Posted by nyxx88
    Was quite disappointed in tonight's show . It was indeed VERY smoky. I thought the Singapore one was better than the French. Too bad I missed the Portugal one .
    yeah,thats bad,portugal was the best i seen so far.

    They break into 3 segment and in between each,almost smokeless.Wonder if it got to do with the fireworks used?


  18. #18
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: Singapore Fireworks Festival - FRANCE *CHIT CHAT THREAD*

    Quote Originally Posted by eikin
    actually there wasn't much smoke from my POV ... i really enjoyed today's show if not for some frustrating moments with the photographing, really well choreographed. i always think that a well designed fireworks show that don't look good on photographs cannot be deemed as having 'failed' ... the spectators' reactions say it all

    hi eikin, where is you POV? its very smoky viewing from marina south where the jetty for water taxi is.
    the situation reminds me of singapore team in last year sff, viewing from clifford pier.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Singapore Fireworks Festival - FRANCE *CHIT CHAT THREAD*

    One picture is worth more than 1000 words.

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: Singapore Fireworks Festival - FRANCE *CHIT CHAT THREAD*

    Quote Originally Posted by denniskee
    hi eikin, where is you POV? its very smoky viewing from marina south where the jetty for water taxi is.
    the situation reminds me of singapore team in last year sff, viewing from clifford pier.
    at the other end of marina bay, close to the main concert area, fewer photogs there, the wind came from south/southwest, so the smoke went directly at where most of the spectators are.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •