Thread: Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep (Remembrance Photography)

Default Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep (Remembrance Photography)

Interesting topic

To introduce remembrance photography to parents suffering the loss of a baby with a free gift of professional portraiture.

Our Work
    NILMDTS trains, educates, and mobilizes professional quality photographers to provide beautiful heirloom portraits to families facing the untimely death of an infant. We believe these images serve as an important step in the family’s healing process by honoring the child’s legacy.

Maddux Achilles Haggard was born on Feb. 4, 2005, with a condition called myotubular myopathy. It prevented him from breathing, swallowing or moving on his own. On the sixth day of his young life, his parents, Mike and Cheryl Haggard had to make the excruciating decision to take him off life support. Before they did, they called photographer Sandy Puc’ to take black and white portraits of them cradling their son. Puc’ photographed the couple with Maddux at the hospital before he was removed from life support and after — when he was free from the tubes and the wires that had sustained him.

Punggol, Singapore

Default Re: Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep (Remembrance Photography)

was thinking to taking up this a couple years ago but I don't think I'm emotionally strong enough to do this, last check SG only have one photographer in their network.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot | iStock portfolio

Default Re: Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep (Remembrance Photography)

Thanks for sharing. Very moving and inspiring at the same time that at moments of death and separation can be captured beautifully and live forever.

Nice sharing. Very meaningful way in which photography makes a difference to people's lives.