Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Snobbish Esplanade?

Originally posted by Kit

You got me wrong. Maybe I wasn't clear. When I said paying silly money, I don't mean art is not worth what is costs. Yes, its subjective. What might be acceptable to you might not be the case to me. We all choose our own art.
    yes, and there's no right or wrong amount of money to charge.

yeah starting this saturday and ending 3 weeks later.
    buy a tux, draw ur bux, and marathon ur eyes until it sux...LOL
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

Originally posted by Kit

Yes and let's start using the 600 million building shall we?
    Definitely, but not the way you think it should be used.

Originally posted by denizenx
    ah but will the masses respond?
    having a showpiece flagship whatever increase interest just by presence alone. Having the durian so big hypes itself.
    People will think cool we have a white elephant this time for Art. Then they will see what's going on there. Then they will go on to see what else can be done. And those art lovers in potentia will spawn. And those who think it's still a white elephant will carry on their lives.
    Kit would you have taken up photography if you hadn't seen a really nice shot, or maybe the F3HPXYZ and wondered what diff it makes to a shot?
    throwing a lot of money anywhere will incur many ppl's interest. the rest is up to them.
    so how did we get here from wondering why isn't photography allowed, to arguing about open spaces and sound quality and such?

Anyway the Kallang Indoor theatre was the first version of the esplanade. It bombed because it wasn't big enough nor small enough for big events and small indies.
    Yes, a showpiece will increase interest and stir up hype. But what interest would be stirred upwhen you can't even photograph the buildng??

I didn't take up photography because I see a beautiful as mentioned in another thread. It was for work.

Originally posted by shuy

so u feel having hectares of open space is more efficient than having a theatre on top of it? remember, the more open space u propose, the less space the structures will have.
    If you have some knowledge what's happening aroung the world, you would have made that statement. Take at look at the Louvre in France.

yeah starting this saturday and ending 3 weeks later.
    buy a tux, draw ur bux, and marathon ur eyes until it sux...LOL

Originally posted by Goondu

Definitely, but not the way you think it should be used.
    So how should it be used if not for promoting artforms of all kind?? Come on, we;re talking about taking photographs here.

Originally posted by Kit

Yes, a showpiece will increase interest and stir up hype. But what interest would be stirred upwhen you can't even photograph the buildng??

I didn't take up photography because I see a beautiful as mentioned in another thread. It was for work.
    There are lots of photographs of the building on this website alone. And why must it be photographed to be successful? As long as it hosts events that people want to pay money for, it will be successful.

Originally posted by Kit

it certainly stirred up my interest by looking at the building alone. photography isn't the only way to appreciate it. in fact, u only want to take a photo of it if u already appreciate it.

u may have taken up photography for work, but my interested in it started from the many brilliant and thought provoking pictures i've seen in hwz and cs. and i'm sure there r many like me. gd point denizenx!

Originally posted by Kit

LOL "wow it's so bad it can't be photographed?? we must go and see" LOL
    hey that's my thoughts as I walked slowly across the war memorial and stood looking at it.. wow... not the best but certainly no HDB blk456
    so why do u continue ur photography, those shots apart from work.
    Last edited by denizenx; 8th October 2002 at 05:36 PM.

Originally posted by Kit

If you have some knowledge what's happening aroung the world, you would have made that statement. Take at look at the Louvre in France.
    in the louvre, u PAY to go in

Originally posted by maddog

There are lots of photographs of the building on this website alone. And why must it be photographed to be successful? As long as it hosts events that people want to pay money for, it will be successful.
    You're still not getting it. Photography is just one thing. People shouldn't even be stopped in the first place. Its not about being photographed how many times. Its about the generosity of being photographed.

Originally posted by Kit

So how should it be used if not for promoting artforms of all kind?? Come on, we;re talking about taking photographs here.
    i don't think taking pictures of the esplanade increases the awareness of the arts scene here. it's kinda out of point.

it certainly stirred up my interest by looking at the building alone. photography isn't the only way to appreciate it. in fact, u only want to take a photo of it if u already appreciate it.

u may have taken up photography for work, but my interested in it started from the many brilliant and thought provoking pictures i've seen in hwz and cs. and i'm sure there r many like me. gd point denizenx!
    You too am not getting my point. Like you said, its interest. Imagine how those people feel when being told to keep their cameras away.

LOL "wow it's so bad it can't be photographed?? we must go and see" LOL
    hey that's my thoughts as I walked slowly across the war memorial and stood looking at it.. wow... not the best but certainly no HDB blk456
    so why do u continue ur photography, those shots apart from work.
    I suggest you go read the other thread on that. Philosophy on photography or something I can remember.

Originally posted by Kit

If you have some knowledge what's happening aroung the world, you would have made that statement. Take at look at the NYC World Trade Centre now.

i don't think taking pictures of the esplanade increases the awareness of the arts scene here. it's kinda out of point.
    totally out of point. in fact its dellusional.

in the louvre, u PAY to go in
    So? It still cost less than 600 million.,

Originally posted by Kit

You're still not getting it. Photography is just one thing. People shouldn't even be stopped in the first place. Its not about being photographed how many times. Its about the generosity of being photographed.
    the fort being the US embassy is nice... can I take a few shots up front? Harmless right just love the texture of the rock and the medieval style window blocks with moveable portculli...

"sorry sir have to take ur film"

Its might not be as relevant but its a small gesture as its give the message that art is being encouraged and is not being restricted to any one kind of art.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast