Page 71 of 99 FirstFirst ... 214661666970717273768196 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 1976

Thread: Sentosa Thread XX - 20th season and 2 weeks more before anniversary!!

  1. #1401
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default Re: Sentosa Thread XX - 20th season and 2 weeks more before anniversary!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Watcher
    Norton Disk Doctor. Norton Utilities. All these were the best in the line when they were bought over by Symantec... They didn't even bother to integrate it.
    ... really. sigh ... i've been around computers for so long... really hate to see the companies devour each other and ruin each other's product in the process...

  2. #1402
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    West side of S'pore
    Posts
    5,528

    Default Re: Sentosa Thread XX - 20th season and 2 weeks more before anniversary!!

    Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Then forget it I don't have that range, apart from a 55-200DX.
    Can always borrow a Nikkor 300mm f2.8 VR from NPS what.

  3. #1403

    Default Re: Sentosa Thread XX - 20th season and 2 weeks more before anniversary!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Garion
    Can always borrow a Nikkor 300mm f2.8 VR from NPS what.
    any idea how much G1228 will cost ??
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

  4. #1404
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    newbie land
    Posts
    1,971

    Default Re: Sentosa Thread XX - 20th season and 2 weeks more before anniversary!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Garion
    Can always borrow a Nikkor 300mm f2.8 VR from NPS what.
    Garion,

    Friday you free. Want to go shoot birds ? Me no working that day
    寒冰不能斷流水 枯木亦會再逢春

  5. #1405
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Western Singapore
    Posts
    276

    Default Re: Sentosa Thread XX - 20th season and 2 weeks more before anniversary!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh
    anyone into PALM PILOT?
    need help in selecting one. how much are the price range?
    You need to develop applications on color or monochrome Palm?
    Need 200mhz or above cpu or not?

  6. #1406
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    lulu island
    Posts
    6,131

    Default Re: Sentosa Thread XX - 20th season and 2 weeks more before anniversary!!

    Quote Originally Posted by flash77
    You need to develop applications on color or monochrome Palm?
    Need 200mhz or above cpu or not?
    got diff btn monochrome and colour? still got ppl use monochrome?
    speed is no issue but memory does. how much memory does a PLAM PILOT has?

  7. #1407
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    West side of S'pore
    Posts
    5,528

    Default Re: Sentosa Thread XX - 20th season and 2 weeks more before anniversary!!

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkForce
    Garion,

    Friday you free. Want to go shoot birds ? Me no working that day
    Me working on that day leh.

  8. #1408
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    West side of S'pore
    Posts
    5,528

    Default Re: Sentosa Thread XX - 20th season and 2 weeks more before anniversary!!

    Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT ONG
    any idea how much G1228 will cost ??
    Not so sure but I think at CP is ard $750 odd?

  9. #1409
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    newbie land
    Posts
    1,971

    Default Re: Sentosa Thread XX - 20th season and 2 weeks more before anniversary!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Garion
    Me working on that day leh.
    It's OK , if I want to go on my own , where is the best place ? Pleae don't tell me birdpark hor .
    寒冰不能斷流水 枯木亦會再逢春

  10. #1410
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Western Singapore
    Posts
    276

    Default Re: Sentosa Thread XX - 20th season and 2 weeks more before anniversary!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh
    got diff btn monochrome and colour? still got ppl use monochrome?
    speed is no issue but memory does. how much memory does a PLAM PILOT has?
    well, monochrome still have users. Depending on what applications, if u developed paint applications, of course need a color Palm pilot right?
    Tungsten T5 is 256mb onboard, with mmc card expansion.
    Tungsten E2 is 32mb onboard, expandable with mmc/sd too.

    Both are colored ones.

  11. #1411

    Default Re: Sentosa Thread XX - 20th season and 2 weeks more before anniversary!!

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkForce
    It's OK , if I want to go on my own , where is the best place ? Pleae don't tell me birdpark hor .
    guess that is the best place to shoot ... more birds to see ..
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

  12. #1412

    Default Re: Sentosa Thread XX - 20th season and 2 weeks more before anniversary!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Garion
    Not so sure but I think at CP is ard $750 odd?
    thanks .. M10 cost $545 ..
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

  13. #1413
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default Re: Sentosa Thread XX - 20th season and 2 weeks more before anniversary!!

    Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT ONG
    thanks .. M10 cost $545 ..
    1228 + M10 will hit 1K, no two ways about it.

    I'm going to check out prices for the tripod in HK. M10 SG like no longer bringing it in.

  14. #1414
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    lulu island
    Posts
    6,131

    Default Re: Sentosa Thread XX - 20th season and 2 weeks more before anniversary!!

    Quote Originally Posted by flash77
    well, monochrome still have users. Depending on what applications, if u developed paint applications, of course need a color Palm pilot right?
    Tungsten T5 is 256mb onboard, with mmc card expansion.
    Tungsten E2 is 32mb onboard, expandable with mmc/sd too.

    Both are colored ones.
    my software is pretty simple and no colour requirements but only company logo got colour lor. all have memory card expansion slot right (SD card)? probably get the cheapest with these requirements.

    are there different OSes for Palm where programs works in one and not the other?
    Last edited by Drudkh; 18th August 2005 at 11:22 AM.

  15. #1415

    Default Re: Sentosa Thread XX - 20th season and 2 weeks more before anniversary!!

    Quote Originally Posted by espn
    1228 + M10 will hit 1K, no two ways about it.

    I'm going to check out prices for the tripod in HK. M10 SG like no longer bringing it in.
    dun know how truth isit .. NPS ties with Markins to bring in leh ..
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

  16. #1416
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    West side of S'pore
    Posts
    5,528

    Default Re: Sentosa Thread XX - 20th season and 2 weeks more before anniversary!!

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkForce
    It's OK , if I want to go on my own , where is the best place ? Pleae don't tell me birdpark hor .
    The most "pao chiak" place (confirm guarantee + chop) is....BIRDPARK!!! Bring ur 85mm f1.2 there to take portraits of birds.

    Ok lar just kidding....good places to shoot include SBG, Mandai Orchid Garden, Marina South City Park, if u willing to trek, Central Catchment area also can try.But SBG and Mandai Orchid Garden is good bet. There can catch sunbirds and other birds.

  17. #1417
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Western Singapore
    Posts
    276

    Default Re: Sentosa Thread XX - 20th season and 2 weeks more before anniversary!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh
    my software is pretty simple and no colour requirements but only company logo got colour lor. all have memory card expansion slot right (SD card)? probably get the cheapest with these requirements.

    are there different OSes for Palm where programs works in one and not the other?
    Yeah, you can maybe get the zire72 comes with OS 5.2.8, 32mb, 312MHz
    Intel® PXA270, takes SD card. Pretty cheap IIRC.

    Palm OSes quite standard, but usually people will try to upgrade to latest OS (being kiasu s'poreans).

    OT: I got post the name of that blue lady of 3D, you've seen it?
    Last edited by flash77; 18th August 2005 at 11:32 AM.

  18. #1418
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    West side of S'pore
    Posts
    5,528

    Default Re: Sentosa Thread XX - 20th season and 2 weeks more before anniversary!!

    Quote Originally Posted by espn
    1228 + M10 will hit 1K, no two ways about it.

    I'm going to check out prices for the tripod in HK. M10 SG like no longer bringing it in.
    Not sure if EastGear still carry it? Last time I still saw a Markins ballhead in their display case.

    If cannot find Markins in Sg, maybe can look at alternatives. Can try KanRinPoche (a China made ballhead) seems not bad too. Some ppl said its a Arca -Swiss clone.

  19. #1419
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    lulu island
    Posts
    6,131

    Default Re: Sentosa Thread XX - 20th season and 2 weeks more before anniversary!!

    Quote Originally Posted by flash77
    Yeah, you can maybe get the zire72 comes with OS 5.2.8, 32mb, 312MHz
    Intel® PXA270, takes SD card. Pretty cheap IIRC.

    Palm OSes quite standard, but usually people will try to upgrade to latest OS (being kiasu s'poreans).

    OT: I got post the name of that blue lady of 3D, you've seen it?
    Thanks a bunch! any other models with higher memory? websites i can compare the models like DPReview.com can compare cameras?
    yeah, i saw the names and age.
    funny why Kanny changed name.
    Last edited by Drudkh; 18th August 2005 at 11:39 AM.

  20. #1420
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Western Singapore
    Posts
    276

    Default Re: Sentosa Thread XX - 20th season and 2 weeks more before anniversary!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh
    Thanks a bunch!
    yeah, i saw the names and age.
    funny why Kanny changed name.
    Well, because they are in the same group 3D liao mah, so everyone's name also change to start with "D", apart from everything else.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •