Page 69 of 99 FirstFirst ... 194459646768697071747994 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 1976

Thread: Sentosa Thread XX - 20th season and 2 weeks more before anniversary!!

Default Re: Sentosa Thread XX - 20th season and 2 weeks more before anniversary!!

oh man ... this sucks .... symantec aquires sygate technologies .... ... another good / free firewall gets 0wN3d ... i just hope symantec's crappy engineers don't screw up the reputation for them

Good Morning Folks !!!
    *Anyway, we'll only be back 2 weeks later *

Default Re: Sentosa Thread XX - 20th season and 2 weeks more before anniversary!!

Kirby and Maureen, have a safe trip to Australia. Have fun too

Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL
    oh man ... this sucks .... symantec aquires sygate technologies .... ... another good / free firewall gets 0wN3d ... i just hope symantec's crappy engineers don't screw up the reputation for them
    wtf..... serious? i'm using sygate firewall! damn i'm not gonna get updates from them anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by TMC
    Kirby and Maureen, have a safe trip to Australia. Have fun too
    woooo Australia! Bon Voyage!
    Kirby, don't forget to visit 7-eleven to do shopping!

Deregistered

They have their own FW.. what makes you think Symantec will keep sygate running?

Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh
    wtf..... serious? i'm using sygate firewall! damn i'm not gonna get updates from them anymore!
    aquisition just took place.. i think yesterday .. refer to HWZ internet bandwidth forums ...

also 3 jokers got caught distroing m00zic ...

Oh plz! Don't get your hopes up too high... They rot everything they touch; it is only a matter of time...

<--- 1888th post at time of posting

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    They have their own FW.. what makes you think Symantec will keep sygate running?
    From what i see, they want the technology from sygate's corporate development (since they're such major screwups themselves.) and integrate into their components.

What remains of the free and good personal firewall remains to be seen. The worst scenario i can think of now is they integrate it into their stupid "suite" and mess up the code, and they're back to where they started.

Basically a screwed up firewall.

aquisition just took place.. i think yesterday .. refer to HWZ internet bandwidth forums ...

also 3 jokers got caught distroing m00zic ...
    those 3 are stupid ass for doing it in IRC!

From what i see, they want the technology from sygate's corporate development (since they're such major screwups themselves.) and integrate into their components.

What remains of the free and good personal firewall remains to be seen. The worst scenario i can think of now is they integrate it into their stupid "suite" and mess up the code, and they're back to where they started.

integrated stuffs always sux.
    i hate such softwares that do it all.

another thing ... they did it in galaxynet servers which are not bound by US laws

Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh.
    integrated stuffs always sux.
    i hate such softwares that do it all.
    true .. hence the term - bloatware

Sigh ... yet another company bites the dust...
    Last edited by dEthANGeL; 18th August 2005 at 10:06 AM.

Deregistered

I'd agree with Watcher, want their technology? More like wanting to kill their technology off so that they can monopolize the market!!

I don't think they will integrate sygate in... probably will just kill it off.

Deregistered

IRC is so heavily monitored, all the channels have ceased their activities already!

Quote Originally Posted by sykestang
    Hi...

Nikon Guru

wah lao, uncle Tang....revenge comes sweet doesn't it???

IRC is so heavily monitored, all the channels have ceased their activities already!
    This applies to galaxynet ... other servers are bound by US laws ... correct me if i'm wrong

I'd agree with Watcher, want their technology? More like wanting to kill their technology off so that they can monopolize the market!!

I don't think they will integrate sygate in... probably will just kill it off.
    They won't kill the product if its good.

They usually in the beginning ... add it into their suite. Later the rebranding starts and then the integration into their stupid suite starts to take place.. and THEN ..... the product will start to rot ...

Good Morning... me still at home.. haha...

AB and FB, enjoy your trip.... hee, dun forget to bring back gift for us...

Quote Originally Posted by yklim
    Good Morning... me still at home.. haha...

AB and FB, enjoy your trip.... hee, dun forget to bring back gift for us...

wake up so late??? beauty sleep???

Quote Originally Posted by nikonsiao
    wake up so late??? beauty sleep???
    should say... dun bother to wake up early... haha.. juz finish my breakfast... going to work soon

Deregistered

This applies to galaxynet ... other servers are bound by US laws ... correct me if i'm wrong
    I don't know EFNet is notorious as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGel
    They won't kill the product if its good.

They usually in the beginning ... add it into their suite. Later the rebranding starts and then the integration into their stupid suite starts to take place.. and THEN ..... the product will start to rot ...
    It's a slow virus... if they do start integration.. then they'll change this.. change that... voila!!! - SymantecGate Firewall 1.0!