Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Singnet promotion Free ibook.

Default Re: Singnet promotion Free ibook.

Quote Originally Posted by sehsuan
    so what will happen when the mactel laptops come out in less than 3 years' time?

it is in 2 years times, 2007,

frankly there will not be a g5 powerbook. Repeat: There will never be a G5 PowerBook.

The first Mactels will likely be Mac minis and iBooks using single-core Yonahs followed quickly by PowerBooks using dual-core Yonahs then the iMacs and finally the PowerMacs.

but there rumour new ones are coming out this yr end...
    Last edited by Joel Lyn; 14th August 2005 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by soma
    I don't mind taking over the heavier of all, the ibook.
    For me, I rather trade-in the iBook for a Nikkor 17-35mm plus a little top-up.

../azul123

Hi Koolz,
    How was the configuration? What program came alone with it?? Can wait to go get mine.
    Its the newest G4 config with all the software that it should come with, check out apple's website.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Lyn
    well if u look at the ibook they are giving.. 512 ram? and u wanna ps with it? i don think so rite? furthermore, if u really into photography save for a 17 inch, it is a god- send...
    It's true 512MB can't do much on the iBook, but the 17" is a PowerBook that's 4.6K. 3 times the amount of an iBook, not really a good recommendation unless it's necessary.

ibook cannot burn discsas well, so u gonna upgrade that as well?
    Care to elaborate? I've never faced problems with burning discs with my ex-iBook.

If you are already looking at buying an iBook, it will be good to get this promotion. See it as paying $36.11 monthly for 10mbps unlimited broadband for 3 years.

If you see this promotion as getting a free iBook, chances are high you will not utilize your Mac much; and it will be a waste of money.

well, my cousin's ibook bought last year, which is now a year and half yrs old.

actually at first it could burn discs, but after about half a yr, it stopped. the screen would say, error. well, my cuz brought it down to apple at amk and after diagnostics, all they said was the optical drive needs to be changed. and they did it for free.

now, i m still thinking wat was wrong ... could be internal error. no explanation was given even though my cuz probed furthur. they jus said, malfunctioning.

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    It's true 512MB can't do much on the iBook, but the 17" is a PowerBook that's 4.6K. 3 times the amount of an iBook, not really a good recommendation unless it's necessary.

Care to elaborate? I've never faced problems with burning discs with my ex-iBook.

pss... i m using one... hee hee

Deregistered

well, my cousin's ibook bought last year, which is now a year and half yrs old.

actually at first it could burn discs, but after about half a yr, it stopped. the screen would say, error. well, my cuz brought it down to apple at amk and after diagnostics, all they said was the optical drive needs to be changed. and they did it for free.

now, i m still thinking wat was wrong ... could be internal error. no explanation was given even though my cuz probed furthur. they jus said, malfunctioning.
    So it's a hardware malfunctioned that got replaced and not a real issue as you mentioned in your previous post that iBook cannot burn discs.

ibook cannot burn discsas well, so u gonna upgrade that as well?

pss... i m using one... hee hee
    So no problem pss.. right. Will be using it for pss.. too

Deregistered

So no problem pss.. right. Will be using it for pss.. too
    PS? If you intend to work on PS... you better max out the RAM available for the iBook.

yup i do mean max it out. but then again.. the graphic card is not stunning ... still love my darling 17 inch

PS? If you intend to work on PS... you better max out the RAM available for the iBook.
    But i currently using 512mb with my pc and seem fine, the ibook also come with 512mb right, does the mac 'eat' up lots' of memory??

well 512mb is ok... but if u r doing heavy heavy heavy editing, i suggest max it out, more is better in this case.

try opening 40 photos at one go, in a pc, hangs, in mac, way to go....

Deregistered

But i currently using 512mb with my pc and seem fine, the ibook also come with 512mb right, does the mac 'eat' up lots' of memory??
    Believe me... max it out - Advice coming from a Mac user with only 768MB RAM and is going to upgrade to max it out.

Believe me... max it out - Advice coming from a Mac user with only 768MB RAM and is going to upgrade to max it out.
    Will do that, i think 1 G is the max for ibook. But addition $270

nah max is 512MB on board + 1G SO-DIMM == 1.5GB... ^^

Just my luck. Just sign a two year contact with singnet and brought a older ibook for $1788 a two month ago. Now then this offer appear

Quote Originally Posted by Castlesinthesky
    macintosh sure is much more easier to use...than a PC. It's just intuitive. When i work on my PC, more often than not, i find my self working the "Mac" way, by attempting to use the expose function
    same here man!

Quote Originally Posted by singscott
    Just my luck. Just sign a two year contact with singnet and brought a older ibook for $1788 a two month ago. Now then this offer appear
    u ring them up and give hell to the promotions board. it works wonder sometimes. =) y not i do it for u and u give me ur free ibook? =P

Will do that, i think 1 G is the max for ibook. But addition $270
    go visit sgl at sls level 2. they quote me $300 for additional 1gig - ie. max out ibook ram to 1.5gig - for $300 incl installation.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast