Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Where can I borrow/rent a macro lens to shoot plants?

  1. #1

    Exclamation Where can I borrow/rent a macro lens to shoot plants?

    The co is organizing a leisure trip to Polau Ubin to see the plants and vegetations,
    so I like to take the chance practise shooting plants, flowers and wild insects. I
    don't have a macro lens.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Where can I borrow/rent a macro lens to shoot plants?

    Quote Originally Posted by dRebelXT
    The co is organizing a leisure trip to Polau Ubin to see the plants and vegetations,
    so I like to take the chance practise shooting plants, flowers and wild insects. I
    don't have a macro lens.
    rent one.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Last planet from the sun
    Posts
    2,822

    Default Re: Where can I borrow/rent a macro lens to shoot plants?

    Quote Originally Posted by dRebelXT
    The co is organizing a leisure trip to Polau Ubin to see the plants and vegetations,
    so I like to take the chance practise shooting plants, flowers and wild insects. I
    don't have a macro lens.
    Sell your 55-200 and do a little top up. Your lens range is overlapping with one another.

    18-55 for wide angle
    28-135 for general purpose
    135-400 for shooting babes and birds
    50 for low light

    Although the 55-200 is covering from normal to telephoto range but I think your 28-135 has a better output in terms of sharpness and colour contrast. Ask yourself this question, "which lens do I use to most" and "what is my main interest (as in what you like to shoot more) in photography.

    Renting a lens is ok but don't forget if you accidently drop it, it's as good as buying a new lens.

  4. #4
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
    Posts
    8,242

    Default Re: Where can I borrow/rent a macro lens to shoot plants?

    Or get an extension tube and use it with one of your tele lens. Cheap solution, better than renting lenses.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Where can I borrow/rent a macro lens to shoot plants?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pro Image
    Sell your 55-200 and do a little top up. Your lens range is overlapping with one another.

    18-55 for wide angle
    28-135 for general purpose
    135-400 for shooting babes and birds
    50 for low light

    Although the 55-200 is covering from normal to telephoto range but I think your 28-135 has a better output in terms of sharpness and colour contrast. Ask yourself this question, "which lens do I use to most" and "what is my main interest (as in what you like to shoot more) in photography.

    Renting a lens is ok but don't forget if you accidently drop it, it's as good as buying a new lens.
    Yeah, I am in the process of selling 55-200, and maybe 50mm since it overlaps with 28-135mm. After that, four lens and they will satisfy my needs.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Where can I borrow/rent a macro lens to shoot plants?

    Quote Originally Posted by ndroo
    Or get an extension tube and use it with one of your tele lens. Cheap solution, better than renting lenses.
    What does an extention tube work?
    My Sigma lens has very long minimum focus distance, shooting 5cm macros isn't so nice.
    I only managed to shoot things larger than 15cm with Sigma.

  7. #7
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
    Posts
    8,242

    Default Re: Where can I borrow/rent a macro lens to shoot plants?

    Quote Originally Posted by dRebelXT
    What does an extention tube work?
    My Sigma lens has very long minimum focus distance, shooting 5cm macros isn't so nice.
    I only managed to shoot things larger than 15cm with Sigma.
    Do a search here (or on the web). Tons of Q&A on that.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Where can I borrow/rent a macro lens to shoot plants?

    Quote Originally Posted by Klose
    rent one.
    Yeah, my idea too. Do you know any companies who leases lens?

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Last planet from the sun
    Posts
    2,822

    Default Re: Where can I borrow/rent a macro lens to shoot plants?

    Quote Originally Posted by dRebelXT
    What does an extention tube work?
    My Sigma lens has very long minimum focus distance, shooting 5cm macros isn't so nice.
    I only managed to shoot things larger than 15cm with Sigma.
    Try some of this websites. It may help to answer some of your queries.

    http://www.northrup.org/equipment/extension.htm

    http://photonotes.org/cgi-bin/entry.pl?id=Extensiontube

    http://www.canon.com.au/products/cam...ntubeef25.html

  10. #10

    Default Re: Where can I borrow/rent a macro lens to shoot plants?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pro Image
    Thank you Pro Image.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •