Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Was I bad?

Default Re: Was I bad?

when i went Vancouver, i tried to feed the squirrels peanuts (im not kidding..) and i got told off. apparently it isnt a good thing to feed those wild animals. they'll habitually try to get treats from visitors and turn lazy, wont hunt food anymore.

back to topic. you aint bad.. you jus need to control your temper abit. at least you posted this thread, shows you got abit of liang xin bah

Hiee...

You should have walked more and complete 8Km.....and this incident might not have happened....

rgds,
    sulhan

No lah, each lap is about 3.6km. Did the two laps ....felt hungry. Munched on Ritz biscuits and plain water only.

Maybe I was excited about feeding those birds....suddenly someone interrupted and lectured you nonestop....really PXX OFF liao lor.

Having the entire week, living on boiled veges and restricted diets ain't that heavenly lah....my sista was living on Hungry Jacks, hotdogs and Nandos Chicken....

!#$^$@%^,

Quote Originally Posted by Benign
    Strange isn't it? I meant you got alot of food left in the pantry. and the proper thing to do is dump it in the bin. Despite the fact is the joy of seeing those birds getting fed?

I know I wasn't doing the right thing. But the fact is some people like to play sheriff so much. Like taking the laws into their own hands.

I know I will get old one day. If I was told the same way I said to the old couple. But I will evaluate the situation ....whether I went too far in giving lectures.

I guess I can live with it...being called 'BAD'
    well.... I believed what you've said to them was unintentional, next time when you see them again in the park , just walk up to them and apologise. 101% you will feel better after that.

Quote Originally Posted by jbma
    And you are the judge? Stop calling people names will ya.
    Yeah, as a citizen of this world who cares about animals, I do dare to judge

From M-W online:

dope (noun) = stupid person

stupid = given to unintelligent decisions or acts : acting in an unintelligent or careless manner / lacking intelligence or reason
    Last edited by kahheng; 12th August 2005 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kahheng
    Yeah, as a citizen of this world who cares about animals, I do dare to judge

From M-W online:

dope (noun) = stupid person

stupid = given to unintelligent decisions or acts : acting in an unintelligent or careless manner / lacking intelligence or reason
    wah..opening post and you insult the threadstarterm, and now this.

you know...people would probably be more receptive to your views if you were more civil.

It was a mistake borne out of ignorance, feeding those ducks. Unfortunately, lots of asians have a blind spot when it comes to things like protecting the environment and maybe the old folks got fed up watching so many asian tourists traipse through the park and feeding the wild-life willy-nilly. Anyhow, it doesn't excuse their behaviour, I wouldn't have taken a verbal barrage from strangers lying down either. Maybe say something like; "Excuse me, I'm sorry I made a mistake, but you can shut up now 'coz you are not my father."
    Don't be too hard on yourself, just don't do it again (feed the ducks, I mean).

Quote Originally Posted by madmacs

you know...people would probably be more receptive to your views if you were more civil.
    Some people are like that. Don't know what civil mean. Let it be.

I agree. I go find the old couple to apologise...and Kah heng must apologise for not being civil liao.

Just hope the old couple dun get frightened when I approach them agin.......

I agree. I go find the old couple to apologise...and Kah heng must apologise for not being civil liao.

Just hope the old couple dun get frightened when I approach them agin.......
    well i think they will be pleasantly surprised if you do apologize to them

remind me of a thread in HWZ about an employee of Cybermind requesting a customer to apologize before making an exchange...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

ya...i think must follow what your sig says..

I understand what civility means.

It's civilised stupidity that bugs me.

Yawn.......

poooiiiii

Kahheng, now might be a good time to stop posting. You're starting to fit your own description of "stupid".

Quote Originally Posted by Terence
    Kahheng, now might be a good time to stop posting. You're starting to fit your own description of "stupid".
    Well Terence, I don't buy it. I have been very reasoned.
    Last edited by kahheng; 12th August 2005 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Terence
    wow... i like this 1... kena own3d!
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

+1 before close.

I think it's been made pretty clear that an honest mistake was made and the reasons have been made known to Benign why it's wrong to feed the ducks. In fact, I myself learnt a couple of things from reading this thread.

Benign has agreed that he is in the wrong and will try to right the situation by apologizing to the couple should he see them next time. I think that's the best solution. So we can all now take a collective deep breath and relax.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    wow... i like this 1... kena own3d!
    It's "pwn3d".....l33t-speak must be done correctly for the sarcasm to be effective. Uncle so old also know.
    Last edited by kahheng; 12th August 2005 at 06:41 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast