Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why Nikon is so exclusive?

Default Re: Why Nikon is so exclusive?

Quote Originally Posted by madmacs
    well its perfect acceptable for priority to be given to nikon users if the event was held in some seminar room. but i'm very sure there will be space for you at outdoor events like big walk.
    Not too sure for other event but for Big Walk, there is limited slot. If they squeeze in 10 people from other brand, 10 nikon user will not get a chance to don the yellow tee and shoot.

For Big walk, other brand also can shoot. Just not freebies and chance to win any prize.

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    What would you do with a 17-55 and/or SB-800? No offence, but the way I see it is, I've totally no use for them if I'm not a Nikon user, end up? B&S. Same goes if I win a 17-40L or even 16-35L. I won't go and buy a body just to fit the glass, would you?

So if that's the case, why open to the floor and end up, the Nikon users don't benefit?
    Hi Espn,

If I win a 17-55 and a SB800, with the right state of mind, I would go get a D70 and never come back to forum again! Cheers!

vince123123
    Guests

Canon also has its own share of exclusivity. At exhibitions and road shows, they only allow Canon users to take pictures of their models. Use a nikon? Can't take photo of their model......and this is even where no one else is taking their model.

Quote Originally Posted by binbeto
    Not too sure for other event but for Big Walk, there is limited slot. If they squeeze in 10 people from other brand, 10 nikon user will not get a chance to don the yellow tee and shoot.

For Big walk, other brand also can shoot. Just not freebies and chance to win any prize.

hehe..if event like big walk must squeeze, then i dunno how liao. guess canon is more generous. free vest for everyone, even those toting nikon and other non-canon cameras.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by hazmee
    Hi Espn,

If I win a 17-55 and a SB800, with the right state of mind, I would go get a D70 and never come back to forum again! Cheers!
    Not all would do that. Trust me.

espn, appreciate it if you can feedback to nikon. basically non-nikon users are not asking to gatecrash limited seating nikon events where they will compete with places for nikon users. but for outdoor events like big walk, it will be nice to have nikon users and others participating.

for me no issue cos i have nikon cam anyway. would be nice to be able to bring non-nikon user friends along.

Deregistered

hehe..if event like big walk must squeeze, then i dunno how liao. guess canon is more generous. free vest for everyone, even those toting nikon and other non-canon cameras.
    Hi, we're discussing about the event planning and not talking about generousity. Please try to keep to topic and not attempt to raise any flames.

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123
    Canon also has its own share of exclusivity. At exhibitions and road shows, they only allow Canon users to take pictures of their models. Use a nikon? Can't take photo of their model......and this is even where no one else is taking their model.
    During IT Shows, I tried to take picture of Canon's models, but they don't allow me. Fyi, I was holding Canon 300D at that time. So I think they don't discriminate.

vince123123
    Guests

Did they say why they don't allow? Not sure if the situation I'm talking about is the same as yours.

THe situation I was talking about is clearly where photography of their models are allowed, except that you need to be holding a Canon camera in order to take.

Quote Originally Posted by edward1
    During IT Shows, I tried to take picture of Canon's models, but they don't allow me. Fyi, I was holding Canon 300D at that time. So I think they don't discriminate.

guys....to quote espn...

Hi, we're discussing about the event planning and not talking about generousity. Please try to keep to topic and not attempt to raise any flames.
    back to the topic of event planning please

Not all would do that. Trust me.
    Well all I can say is, its their loss I guess. Cheers!

Simple answer:
    Nikon wants to reward those who had help them become successful. Exclusivity is a reward thanking supports of Nikon. Simple enough?

This will entice others to join this membership and thus form a win-win situation.

To those who complain and whine, answer me this: why don't you complain about exclusive offers to particular credit cards, exclusive special events or discount for owners of a particular brand of cars, discount for F&B and special offers if you work in a building, area or that the building belongs to a particular company?
    Last edited by Watcher; 13th August 2005 at 12:07 AM.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Watcher
    Simple answer:
    Nikon wants to reward those who had help them become sucessful. Exclusivity is a reward thanking supports of Nikon. Simple enough?
    Comparing I get NIL from M1 (since 1998) and Maxonline (since 1997). Nikon has been the next best in rewarding their users.

Quote Originally Posted by Watcher
    Simple answer:
    Nikon wants to reward those who had help them become successful. Exclusivity is a reward thanking supports of Nikon. Simple enough?

This will entice others to join this membership and thus form a win-win situation.

To those who complain and whine, answer me this: why don't you complain about exclusive offers to particular credit cards, exclusive special events or discount for owners of a particular brand of cars, discount for F&B and special offers if you work in a building, area or that the building belongs to a particular company?
    not here to promote uob visa mini ..
    I didnt know existing uob cc holder can actually applied the mini for LIFE at zero payment

Quote Originally Posted by edward1
    Not trying to start a war here, but here are some facts that I observe happening in Singapore:

Canon's sponsored events are open to everyone. For example, The Car's the Star, Canon Photo Marathon, etc.

Nikon's sponsored events are exclusive for Nikon SLR users only. For example, Maxim bikini contest and the Big Walk.

I'm a Canon DSLR users, and quite dissapointed of not being able to participate in Nikon's events.
    Hah?....as a brand Nikon is not exclusive. It is a common everyday brand. I got a few too. No big deal.
    By the way Mitsubishi owns Nikon.
    Alpa is exclusive. Blancpain (watches) is exclusive. Rolleiflex Gold Urushi (exclusive)

Nikon brand is about as exclusive as Planta margarine or Maggi instant noodles.

If you mean they exclude others from joining in.
    Nothing wrong with Nikon giving their customers 1st priority.
    But stupid in a way as it is preaching to the converted.
    You evangelize to the non-believers, not to those who already believe.
    You will not grow a market share this way.

Anyway, you did not miss much. How "exclusive" can a Nikon event be?
    ah-so and ah-lian stuff.

aiya talk so much, go join nikon and change the system lor..
    sigh.

Comparing I get NIL from M1 (since 1998) and Maxonline (since 1997). Nikon has been the next best in rewarding their users.
    back to your event planning please...

Deregistered

back to your event planning please...
    Which part of my reply was inviting flames and off topic?

no idea...i just quote your reply to me when i was talking about generosity and you say stick to topic....then you go off talking about nikon's rewards...so i tell you stick to topic.

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex
    Hah?....as a brand Nikon is not exclusive. It is a common everyday brand. I got a few too. No big deal.
    By the way Mitsubishi owns Nikon.
    Alpa is exclusive. Blancpain (watches) is exclusive. Rolleiflex Gold Urushi (exclusive)

Nikon brand is about as exclusive as Planta margarine or Maggi instant noodles.

If you mean they exclude others from joining in.
    Nothing wrong with Nikon giving their customers 1st priority.
    But stupid in a way as it is preaching to the converted.
    You evangelize to the non-believers, not to those who already believe.
    You will not grow a market share this way.

Anyway, you did not miss much. How "exclusive" can a Nikon event be?
    ah-so and ah-lian stuff.
    wah...you die ah... now you got all the nikon users pissed

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast