Page 1 of 8 1236 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 158

Thread: Anyone here familiar with Tasmania?

  1. #1

    Default Anyone here familiar with Tasmania?

    Hi guys,

    I planned to go Tasmania right after Christmas. But not sure where to start. Can give me your precious advise? Where is a must to go.. where is the place a must to eat the food. etc.
    I will be setting off from Melbourne to Tas by Air. Then intend to rent a car.. we have 4 persons.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Anyone here familiar with Tasmania?

    no one ah

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    494

    Default Re: Anyone here familiar with Tasmania?



    U can take a ferry to Tasmania from Port Melbourne. Easily accessed by trams from the city.

    U can then rent a car from there.

    Christmas is a busy period. Make sure your travel arrangements is finalised lor. If you are pretty....I got spare room hor.

    If not, my doggy shed also very comfy ...........




    Your faithfully,

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    north
    Posts
    1,310

    Default Re: Anyone here familiar with Tasmania?

    are you going to hobart straight or melbounre first?

    if from melbounre you can catch a tram to the port and go by cruise or devilcat, a express boat to tasmania. you may wanna check out the for offer from tasmania cruise. last i went got a 7 day car package plus overnight cruise to tasmania for about 800 for 2. good deal cos car is free milage and get to see a lot when you travel from devenport to hobart. you need to decide which way you wanna go. cutting thru centre you will see more city, going by left or right of the isand you get to se more nature. unless you are there for a month, you probably will only be able to do one trail.

    go www.tasmania.com.au got lots of info

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    north
    Posts
    1,310

    Default Re: Anyone here familiar with Tasmania?

    sorry its www.tasmania.com

    no au

    and bring loads of film or memory cards. plenty of things to shoot!!!

  6. #6

    Default Re: Anyone here familiar with Tasmania?

    Quote Originally Posted by Benign


    U can take a ferry to Tasmania from Port Melbourne. Easily accessed by trams from the city.

    U can then rent a car from there.

    Christmas is a busy period. Make sure your travel arrangements is finalised lor. If you are pretty....I got spare room hor.

    If not, my doggy shed also very comfy ...........

    Your faithfully,

    haha u are funny. The B&B in tasminia is not ex right.. can you tell me more about Tasminia?

  7. #7

    Default Re: Anyone here familiar with Tasmania?

    Quote Originally Posted by surge
    are you going to hobart straight or melbounre first?

    if from melbounre you can catch a tram to the port and go by cruise or devilcat, a express boat to tasmania. you may wanna check out the for offer from tasmania cruise. last i went got a 7 day car package plus overnight cruise to tasmania for about 800 for 2. good deal cos car is free milage and get to see a lot when you travel from devenport to hobart. you need to decide which way you wanna go. cutting thru centre you will see more city, going by left or right of the isand you get to se more nature. unless you are there for a month, you probably will only be able to do one trail.

    go www.tasmania.com.au got lots of info
    I will reach melbourne on 24 Dec.. and set off to Tasminia on 26 Dec...Wow sound very good.. must tell my friend liao...

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    494

    Default Re: Anyone here familiar with Tasmania?

    haha u are funny. The B&B in tasminia is not ex right.. can you tell me more about Tasminia?

    Ok, if you are into nature/wilderness ..... a beautiful place where little or no pollution. It used to called Van Dieman's Land. Place to put all the ang moh convicts. U lookin for a hubby there har?

    Nightlife? definitely outclassed by Sydney or Melbourne.




  9. #9

    Default Re: Anyone here familiar with Tasmania?

    Quote Originally Posted by surge
    sorry its www.tasmania.com

    no au

    and bring loads of film or memory cards. plenty of things to shoot!!!
    How's the weather during end of dec? Just nice?

  10. #10

    Default Re: Anyone here familiar with Tasmania?

    Quote Originally Posted by Karyinn
    How's the weather during end of dec? Just nice?
    I was there Dec last year. Weather's just nice - not too cold and not too hot - about 17C. But bring a windbreaker, esp if you're thinking of visiting places like Mt Wellington where it can get chilly.

    As someone mentioned, bring lots of photo gear - it's a photog's paradise!

  11. #11

    Default Re: Anyone here familiar with Tasmania?

    wow.. i am so excited!!!!! ;D

    I think i have enough stick.. i have 7 memory sticks (total 864MB)and 2 compaq flash... (1GB + 500MB)

    Enough? for 10 days? ^p^

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    174

    Default Re: Anyone here familiar with Tasmania?

    Depends on how long you will be there, there are some places you die die must go.

    1) Cradle Mountain
    2) Freycinet National Park - Wineglass Bay
    3) Hobart, Salamanca market (on sunday or saturday? can't remember)
    4) Port Arthur

    What you can do is start off from Hobart, drive eastward towards Port Arthur then go up north to Freycinet then go to Launceston, Cradle Mountain, got time can drop by Devonport, then down to Lake St Clair area..then Queenstown..then down south back to Hobart.

    Can take 1 week or more. But you will never regret it.
    Confidence is thinking you'll be Champions, arrogance is stating it.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Anyone here familiar with Tasmania?

    Quote Originally Posted by akane
    Depends on how long you will be there, there are some places you die die must go.

    1) Cradle Mountain
    2) Freycinet National Park - Wineglass Bay
    3) Hobart, Salamanca market (on sunday or saturday? can't remember)
    4) Port Arthur

    What you can do is start off from Hobart, drive eastward towards Port Arthur then go up north to Freycinet then go to Launceston, Cradle Mountain, got time can drop by Devonport, then down to Lake St Clair area..then Queenstown..then down south back to Hobart.

    Can take 1 week or more. But you will never regret it.
    Is 1K per person enough for these?

  14. #14

    Default Re: Anyone here familiar with Tasmania?


  15. #15

    Default Re: Anyone here familiar with Tasmania?

    or go this 3 nights tour... and we go around 3 nights ourselves (rent a car)

    http://www.yha.com.au/traveldeals/de...?ProductID=517

  16. #16

    Default Re: Anyone here familiar with Tasmania?

    if you're going free-and-easy, plan for a seafood dinner at The Drunken Admiral or at Mures while in Hobart. Salamanca Market is a Saturday morning thing if i remember correctly.
    eyes | head | feet | flickr | APAD: straight from camera

  17. #17

    Default Re: Anyone here familiar with Tasmania?

    Oh ok.. thank you i will note down these.. i msut eat fish & chip in aus.. it's so nice. Those n SG is no fight thou and so ex

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    494

    Default Re: Anyone here familiar with Tasmania?

    Oh ok.. thank you i will note down these.. i msut eat fish & chip in aus.. it's so nice. Those n SG is no fight thou and so ex

    Dun rate those chefs in Aust so highly lah, you just haven't met the right chef niah....all depend on your taste bud.

    Some like salty, crispy, hot&spicy...dipped with tartare sauce...or served plain with vinegar/lemon.

    It is just the potatoes they used are fresher or more varieties.......fish and chips must used certain potatoes lor.

  19. #19
    Member eawtan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    1,370

    Default Re: Anyone here familiar with Tasmania?

    Accom at Cradle Mountain is limited and more expensive than other areas. Recommended to park car at the main carpark and take the free shuttle bus.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Anyone here familiar with Tasmania?

    Thank you guys.. ;D.. i love fish & chip with vinegar!!! ;D

Page 1 of 8 1236 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •