Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Esplanade Open Ceremony

hmm. sorry for the misunderstanding, but I think they are mounting the fireworks on the rooftop of esplanade.

During the official opening of the Esplanade - 'Theatres on the bay' on Saturday, 12th October 2002 the following road and lane will be to closed to traffic:

Road Closure
    Esplanade Drive (in both directions) - will be closed from 4.30 p.m. to 1.00 a.m. next day, Sunday, 13th October 2002;

(However, please be advised that the leftmost lane of Esplanade Drive towards Collyer Quay will be closed much earlier from 2.00 p.m. until total closure kicks in from 4.00 p.m. onwards);

Raffles Ave - Lane Closure (only 1 leftmost lane)
    Raffles Avenue (the leftmost lane bet. Temasek Ave & Esplanade Drive) - will be closed from 4.30 p.m. to 1.00 a.m. next day, Sunday, 13th October 2002;

The above information is obtained from Traffic Police Command. There will be an official press release by the authority prior to the event.

Hi all.

I wrote to this lady, Kelly Tan (Project Manager, Marketing Communications), of the Esplanade Co Ltd. And her reply was as follow:

"The pyrotechnics will commence from 10:15pm to 10.45pm on the day of our Grand Opening (12 Oct 2002), as part of the programme of the Habour Spectacular."

But she didn't mention anything about the location of the firework, and how high it will go. So it is up to us to figure out the rest. Hope my input is useful.

Hope i can meet you guys on that day. I had always wanted to join as a group.

So how to identify the group?

Originally posted by serendipity

Hope i can meet you guys on that day. I had always wanted to join as a group.

So how to identify the group?
    and in good old CS tradition, all you have to do is go there..
    and shout at the loudest of your voice....

"ClubSNAP" 3xs...
    then wait for people to contact you.....

Maybe you can contact those going here for a no. to call when you reach?

some of the hardcore members have t-shirts and maybe even tattoos.

Originally posted by Bluestrike

and in good old CS tradition, all you have to do is go there..
    and shout at the loudest of your voice....

"ClubSNAP" 3xs...
    then wait for people to contact you.....

pls remember to save your camera and tripod as hard as you could as well.

if this is your first gathering, please also bring enough money to pay the protection fees due to clubsnap
    David Teo
    View my work and blog at http://www.5stonesphoto.com/blog

Sounds like a secret society gathering. But no worries. I am not too good either :P

Originally posted by Eraine
    hmm. sorry for the misunderstanding, but I think they are mounting the fireworks on the rooftop of esplanade.
    BBQ durians anyone?

Latest info, I just got it from a friend working for the festival. The fireworks will not last for 30 minute but it will be part of the 30 minute of the Official Opening Ceremony between 10.15pm-10.45pm. The fireworks will be firing off from everywhere, but not on the roof, mostly from the river. So anywhere from the waterfront, along the bridge, stretching to One Fullerton will be packed with pyro display! Don't miss it!

Originally posted by Digipix
    Latest info, I just got it from a friend working for the festival. The fireworks will not last for 30 minute but it will be part of the 30 minute of the Official Opening Ceremony between 10.15pm-10.45pm. The fireworks will be firing off from everywhere, but not on the roof, mostly from the river. So anywhere from the waterfront, along the bridge, stretching to One Fullerton will be packed with pyro display! Don't miss it!

Any details on what's happening where? I saw a rehearsal at the main entrance (facing the padang area) yesterday which look pretty interesting. But watching/shooting that means missing out on all the waterfront fun.

There're searchlights on top of fullerton yesterday also.

Regards
    CK

The opening performance is a massive display with different activities happening everywhere at the same time! It's hard to capture everything. Like I said, for those who want to catch the firework, you can station yourself anywhere near, from the waterfront to the Merlion will be the best, as tonnes of fireworks are firing from the sea(river). And of course it would be worthwhile to be there early and catch the colourful performances the Esplanade offers. Gosh.. I sounded like working for them..

thanks for the new info! Almost seems as though we might be like paparazzi swarming the place!

I'll be going around on foot for the earlier part of the night to catch closeups, although this might mean that I'll forgo a good place to shoot fireworks.

just a note, be sure to recce the area for accesibility... i just got the media schedule yesterday and the Prez is gonna be there, so security is gonna be extra tight. not sure which areas will be cordoned off...

I will be there quite early, hanging around taking photos, bumping into friends working in Esplanade....
    Well, provided I'm not working for Esplanade during the festival!

Originally posted by Digipix
    The opening performance is a massive display with different activities happening everywhere at the same time! It's hard to capture everything. Like I said, for those who want to catch the firework, you can station yourself anywhere near, from the waterfront to the Merlion will be the best, as tonnes of fireworks are firing from the sea(river). And of course it would be worthwhile to be there early and catch the colourful performances the Esplanade offers. Gosh.. I sounded like working for them..
    Hey, the performance at the main entrance does look pretty interesting. I ran into it yesterday and caught them on my coolpix.

http://ckng.clubsnap.org/gallery/vie...umName=album09

That cellist projection dooks DAMNED REAL man.

Regards
    CK

Should we start the attendant list for clubsnap member who want to meet up together to enjoy the event?

Originally posted by Agpx4
    Should we start the attendant list for clubsnap member who want to meet up together to enjoy the event?

Yes please!

Smile

Attendant List for the event:
    Please add your name

1) Agpx4

Originally posted by Agpx4
    Attendant List for the event:
    Please add your name

1) Agpx4
    2) OCEANXP

Originally posted by oceanxp

2) OCEANXP
    some of us will be meeting at cityhall MRT ( outside starbuck coffee ) at 6pm sharp..... coz some of us got lessons that day.

we willbe moving off at 610pm sharp.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast