Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Esplanade Open Ceremony

Originally posted by scanner

I will be planning to start shooting in the morning, most likely BG, follows by around the city areas (in the afternoon) and the big durains as well as the fireworks in the evening .

Anyone interested?

YES !!! but i can only join you after 3pm .... where did u suggest we meet ?

Originally posted by oceanxp

YES !!! but i can only join you after 3pm .... where did u suggest we meet ?
    I will let you know the details later.

Originally posted by scanner

I will be planning to start shooting in the morning, most likely BG, follows by around the city areas (in the afternoon) and the big durains as well as the fireworks in the evening .

Anyone interested?
    wow! whole day shooting ah
    later reach evening half dead liao
    anyway i am interested in joining u plp in the evening

Originally posted by MaGixShOe
    wow! whole day shooting ah
    later reach evening half dead liao
    anyway i am interested in joining u plp in the evening
    no problem ... 6pm outside Fullerton Hotel ( near the bridge )

Hehe... Also interested.. But me newbie with kit lens for my eos500n only ler, also can take good fireworks shot or not?

Any guidance on taking fireworks shots with kit lens?

will be there from 7 onwards. apparently some show starts at that time, just outside the music hall (open air). There's also going to be some Indian drums perf along the riverside, but I'm sure it's going to be all over the place.

I will be shooting fireworks from the Merlion, anyone interested? Good view only if you have a zoom lens. Should be amongst the crowd earlier on. Best thing is to just scatter all over What kind of film are you all using?

Trying for the Merlion thing as well. Dunno how's it turning out, just sent in my first roll today.

Originally posted by Eraine
    will be there from 7 onwards. apparently some show starts at that time, just outside the music hall (open air). There's also going to be some Indian drums perf along the riverside, but I'm sure it's going to be all over the place.

I will be shooting fireworks from the Merlion, anyone interested? Good view only if you have a zoom lens. Should be amongst the crowd earlier on. Best thing is to just scatter all over What kind of film are you all using?

Trying for the Merlion thing as well. Dunno how's it turning out, just sent in my first roll today.
    i will be using NPS160, NPC as well as PreSS 800 ... see the situation first =) planning to use NPS 160 .. but have to see how far it is away ... i might want to grab some space near the merlion first ... 6pm should be okay =) i think =P

i will be using NPS160, NPC as well as PreSS 800 ... see the situation first =) planning to use NPS 160 .. but have to see how far it is away ... i might want to grab some space near the merlion first ... 6pm should be okay =) i think =P
    Plan to use provia 100 for Fireworks, negative for people (Roadshow, etc ) and velvia for BG (Flowers, etc....)

Any takers to join me in the morning?

hi all,

I will shifting the current meeting point ( fullerton ) to City Hall MRT oustide star bucks instead. same timing 6pm.

If you are still interested to join, feel free to come at that time

tata

Wink

Please count me in and I will ask few more clubsnap member to come together. This will be a very interesting event

I probably will be shooting also. Provia 400F all the way!
    Canon Lover :)

If I want to shoot the fireworks from the merlion, how many mm zoom would be the minimum?

Originally posted by Agpx4
    Please count me in and I will ask few more clubsnap member to come together. This will be a very interesting event
    sure !! code word : "clubsnap" ... to those who are carrying a camera bag and tripod

Originally posted by Zoomer
    If I want to shoot the fireworks from the merlion, how many mm zoom would be the minimum?
    300mm should be sufficient ... i think

300mm should be sufficient ... i think
    oceanxp, whar are your plan during that evening?
    Just shoot fireworks or running in and out of the durians?

We might need to have some rough planning/idea of getting about it.

So can we start conslidating the ppls going?

I think the merlion area will have more ppl than the meerkats at the zoo...
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

sob... dun haf a zoom lens.

anyways, i was down in esplanade today and they have very suspiciously cordoned off the roof terrace till after the 13th. So probably shooting the fireworks from the roof.

Unhappy

I saw numbers of clubsnap member are able to take a night shot at the high ground. Is that possible we can get some where high ground and only for our clubsnap member?

eh...I agree with you scanner, let's have some fun shot before the actual event.

may i know wat time is the fireworks supposed to start? Thanks

can someone make the post about the actual timings sticky?

fireworks 10 or 1015pm
    mr nathan unveiled 715pm?

whole thing starts ard 5pm
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast