Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ALERT: possible SCV billing error

Default Re: ALERT: possible SCV billing error

Quote Originally Posted by burger
    u got it with your bill?

i got a special letter. first page, they talk about their new line up of digital channels and even offer 20% discount for 1st 3 months, then on the 2nd page, $2 for set-top box and additional box becomes $10
    Are we referring to the same letter? The $2 ($2.10 w GST) i mentioned is additional charges for the analogue set-top box starting September 2005. Another letter attached is a new Digital Plus channel for $12/mth with first 3 mths 20% off.

Quote Originally Posted by kktan
    Are we referring to the same letter? The $2 ($2.10 w GST) i mentioned is additional charges for the analogue set-top box starting September 2005. Another letter attached is a new Digital Plus channel for $12/mth with first 3 mths 20% off.

my letter is to tell me i no need to answer back, i will be getting the digital plus group regardless i wan or not.. kaoz... if i dun wan i must call to opt out...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

I've wrote in to their feedback unit to tell them I will be terminating my starhub thanks to their unilateral decision to raise rental rates.

somehow one house with 5 set top boxes costs more for them to maintain the infrastructure than one house with 1 set top box.

I think SCV wants to move all their subscribers to the digital set-top.
    Its easier for them to do remote controlling and accounting. Furthermore, its much harder to get a "pirate" set-top once all subscribers are on digital cable. So far all the chiong set-tops are the analogue variant.
    I think they will drop sweeteners for us to move to the digital set-top but we must resist until they eventually give up and automatically upgrade your set-top to digital at no cost.

Quote Originally Posted by amospi
    They just drop the bait at your doorstep!!
    huhuh, I was kind of hoping it's about launching of the W800 and can have discount on their handsets.

Quote Originally Posted by Inimatad
    .............I think they will drop sweeteners for us to move to the digital set-top but we must resist until they eventually give up and automatically upgrade your set-top to digital at no cost.
    i was thinking along those lines too.
    haha

I think SCV wants to move all their subscribers to the digital set-top.
    Its easier for them to do remote controlling and accounting. Furthermore, its much harder to get a "pirate" set-top once all subscribers are on digital cable. So far all the chiong set-tops are the analogue variant.
    I think they will drop sweeteners for us to move to the digital set-top but we must resist until they eventually give up and automatically upgrade your set-top to digital at no cost.
    er...they did that recently. i upgraded to digital set top at no extra cost. anyway the digital set top box is already a sweetener. got program guide.

Quote Originally Posted by madmacs
    er...they did that recently. i upgraded to digital set top at no extra cost. anyway the digital set top box is already a sweetener. got program guide.
    not just the box, but the subscription. ;P

the analog numbers will reach a size one day which will make it not feasible to maintain. they will then want to stop transmitting on analog. and in order to dismantle their analog network, they'll have to force migrate their analog cust to digital.

not sure how many can remember the exercise done by ST for their ETACS network, and M1 for their PCN network?

We will know after this weekend.
    Heard its kind of crowded at Suntec for the weekend's SCV thingy.
    I currently pay $57 + $8 for additional set-top. With increase it will be 57+8+4=$69.
    If I will to switch to Digital cable, its 57+12(additional set-top)+12(new Digital tier)=$81.

Not very sound economics lehh...

We will know after this weekend.
    Heard its kind of crowded at Suntec for the weekend's SCV thingy.
    I currently pay $57 + $8 for additional set-top. With increase it will be 57+8+4=$69.
    If I will to switch to Digital cable, its 57+12(additional set-top)+12(new Digital tier)=$81.

Not very sound economics lehh...
    with that kind of sums, let's hope they don't do away with the analog system and force everyone digital.

i'm already thinking that i'm paying too much for cable..

Quote Originally Posted by madmacs
    eh.. can pass some tips on how to get free replacement..

Do you guys get all channels opened after the swap? For a week maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by obviousdude
    not just the box, but the subscription. ;P

the analog numbers will reach a size one day which will make it not feasible to maintain. they will then want to stop transmitting on analog. and in order to dismantle their analog network, they'll have to force migrate their analog cust to digital.

not sure how many can remember the exercise done by ST for their ETACS network, and M1 for their PCN network?
    that's if you subscribe to digital channels...they didn't ask me to. so i'm only paying $4.20 more for the additional set top box.

Quote Originally Posted by soma
    eh.. can pass some tips on how to get free replacement..
    try calling them to ask. there was a booth at the roadshow yesterday actually.

to clarify..its just set top replacement. i didn't have to subscribe to any digital channels.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12