Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Taipei 101. Moments before the storm.

Default Re: Taipei 101. Moments before the storm.

Quote Originally Posted by weevil84
    Hey, I would think that a full frame fish eye would perhaps add some more feel to the picture, more likely because it will render a surreal feeling to it.

This was taken using the zenitar 16mm with kodak gold 400 pushed to 800 (that's why so grainy) atop Mt Kinabalu.

Can't see your photo.

BTW, which camera body and lenses did you carry to Mt. Kinabalu? b'cos I'm going there next year.

http://photos1.blogger.com/img/283/3...0/A001-013.jpg

Dunno if this will work.

Anywayz I brought my EOS 66 with it's 28-80 kit lens and the 16mm zenitar FE. Brought only the FE to the summit cos there's really nothing to take on the way up as it was 3am in the morning and I was hit with foggy/wet weather except during the sunrise at the summit. good idea to bring a monopod to use as a walking stick and to stabilise shots as I realised I was breathing quite hard while hiking and can't take shots hand-held.

http://photos1.blogger.com/img/283/3...0/A001-013.jpg

Dunno if this will work.

Anywayz I brought my EOS 66 with it's 28-80 kit lens and the 16mm zenitar FE. Brought only the FE to the summit cos there's really nothing to take on the way up as it was 3am in the morning and I was hit with foggy/wet weather except during the sunrise at the summit. good idea to bring a monopod to use as a walking stick and to stabilise shots as I realised I was breathing quite hard while hiking and can't take shots hand-held.
    Same here, our group will climb at 2am in the morning. Have intention to carry LED tourch light b'cos the battery life can outlast the conventional tourch light. Anybody in your group used LED tourch light for the trip?

BTW, can't see the photos, got this error.

ERROR
    The requested URL could not be retrieved

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://127.0.0.1:8000/img/283/3832/640/A001-013.jpg

The following error was encountered:

* Access Denied.

Access control configuration prevents your request from being allowed at this time. Please contact your service provider if you feel this is incorrect.

Your cache administrator is root.
    Generated Thu, 18 Aug 2005 04:28:59 GMT by photos1.blogger.com (squid/2.5.STABLE3)

Quote Originally Posted by jeffhiew
    Ok, here is the revised version with less green. Looks better now??

i'm for the picture without the modifications. the blueness gives me the calm and serene feeling. it's like viewing a city underwater. Atlantis maybe?

good shot
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

ARgH! Perhaps you could go to dan777-2.blogspot.com directly. Maybe blogspot doesn't allow for linking or wad, sorry bout that.

LED? Guess that'll be a good idea, but do take note that it's MUCH MUCH better to have a headlamp/headband or some way you can secure the torch without holding on to it cos you may have to use your hands quite alot. For me, I left my torch off for most of the time cos I guess I could see well enough in the dark. Relying on too much torch light actually causes you to be blind to the rest of the unilluminated area and that's pretty dangerous when you reach the steep part where there's quite alot of rope to hold on to.

Quote Originally Posted by mohgui
    i'm for the picture without the modifications. the blueness gives me the calm and serene feeling. it's like viewing a city underwater. Atlantis maybe?

good shot
    Yup, me too. The 1st pic gives me a dome days feeling.

Hey, I would think that a full frame fish eye would perhaps add some more feel to the picture, more likely because it will render a surreal feeling to it.

This was taken using the zenitar 16mm with kodak gold 400 pushed to 800 (that's why so grainy) atop Mt Kinabalu.

That is a nice sun burst, what time was the picture shot??? No tripod right? so how did you keep your hand still?
    Last edited by billpepsi; 23rd August 2005 at 04:29 PM.

Dun think FE will help. wide-angle like 12-24 at 12mm end will help though...

DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN
    GOOD!
    HELP! MY EYES ARE ON FIRE!

Thats good photos man! Well done guys! INCREDIBLE!
    Can I put your photo as wallpaper? Its really a motivation to me.
    Last edited by benjaminteo; 24th August 2005 at 08:50 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123