Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 72

Thread: Training cycle for NSmen to be cut from 13 to 10 years

  1. #41

    Default Re: Training cycle for NSmen to be cut from 13 to 10 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh
    take IPPT ok, just abolish RT la.

    Hrm... that's not fair for some pple out there who enjoys going RT.

    My vote is both IPPT and RT should be on volunteering basis. Happy ? Go. Not happy? Don't go.


  2. #42

    Default Re: Training cycle for NSmen to be cut from 13 to 10 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Shodan99
    Hmm... I haven't been through any reservist yet. So I guess I am a little lucky.

    You won't said that if they throw you your first ICT letter on your 30 years old birthday.
    Last edited by togu; 12th August 2005 at 10:08 AM.

  3. #43

    Default Re: Training cycle for NSmen to be cut from 13 to 10 years

    Quote Originally Posted by togu
    You won't said that if they throw you your first ICT letter on your 30 years old birthday.
    Truth, got 1 friend got it when he is 33 year old liao. Sad for him.

  4. #44
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Training cycle for NSmen to be cut from 13 to 10 years

    Well someone I know got it when he was 37 years old.

    Quote Originally Posted by amospi
    Truth, got 1 friend got it when he is 33 year old liao. Sad for him.

  5. #45

    Default Re: Training cycle for NSmen to be cut from 13 to 10 years

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123
    Well someone I know got it when he was 37 years old.
    Liao................

  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    South Pole with Penguin
    Posts
    5,270

    Default Re: Training cycle for NSmen to be cut from 13 to 10 years

    Quote Originally Posted by togu
    You won't said that if they throw you your first ICT letter on your 30 years old birthday.
    that's why i am actually quite happy that i got my ICT letter immediately after ORD...and got ICT/IPPT every year, at least at this age i can still run and pass easily

    some of my platoon mate tried to defer, but in the end they were posted to another unit, this is even worse because they will be alone in the new unit with no friends. some of them also got their vocation changed because of this
    Last edited by Wai; 12th August 2005 at 12:07 PM.
    We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY

  7. #47

    Default Re: Training cycle for NSmen to be cut from 13 to 10 years

    Quote Originally Posted by togu
    Hrm... that's not fair for some pple out there who enjoys going RT.

    My vote is both IPPT and RT should be on volunteering basis. Happy ? Go. Not happy? Don't go.

    I now knows, Mods got to be the man behind the desk for reservist unit, they always say happy come, not happy don't come, gd for reservist man.........

    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

  8. #48
    Senior Member King Tiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    In the heart of SengKang
    Posts
    5,882

    Default Re: Training cycle for NSmen to be cut from 13 to 10 years

    Quote Originally Posted by togu
    So does that means the next generation don't have to take IPPT anymore?
    IPPT phase out.

    SOC come in.
    War is one of the most regrettable human activities.

  9. #49
    Senior Member King Tiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    In the heart of SengKang
    Posts
    5,882

    Default Re: Training cycle for NSmen to be cut from 13 to 10 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh
    SINGAPORE : The training cycle for Operationally-Ready National Servicemen (ORNS) will be reduced from 13 to 10 years with effect from April 1 next year.

    http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...162640/1/.html

    Pui , I have already complete 12 ICT.

    Does this mean that now I should be R.O.D liao ?
    War is one of the most regrettable human activities.

  10. #50

    Default Re: Training cycle for NSmen to be cut from 13 to 10 years


  11. #51

    Default Re: Training cycle for NSmen to be cut from 13 to 10 years

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123
    I think the more impt qn is whether the no. of high key years are reduced as well. If not, it doens't make that much of a difference.

    Though the 3 years of training (low key, only 2 days each) are cancelled, it still gives some relief for me. At least, I don't have to go for IPPT & remedial training after my ten years of NS.
    For those who failed IPPT, they have to go for RT for 2 months and have to take leave from their work to go for the RT. That is very inconvenient and a bloody waste of time.

  12. #52
    Senior Member afbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Planet SG™
    Posts
    483

    Default Re: Training cycle for NSmen to be cut from 13 to 10 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Wai
    that's why i am actually quite happy that i got my ICT letter immediately after ORD...and got ICT/IPPT every year, at least at this age i can still run and pass easily

    some of my platoon mate tried to defer, but in the end they were posted to another unit, this is even worse because they will be alone in the new unit with no friends. some of them also got their vocation changed because of this
    Ya true man. If your conduct/attendence not good, your unit can kick you out and post to some other jialet unit.

    Quote Originally Posted by King Tiger
    IPPT phase out.

    SOC come in.
    You outta your mind!

  13. #53

    Default Re: Training cycle for NSmen to be cut from 13 to 10 years

    Since SAF going hi-tech now, why not just do everything on computer?

    #1 priority, port the IPPT to computer simulation. I see if I can come up with the software to sell to SAF.

  14. #54
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Training cycle for NSmen to be cut from 13 to 10 years

    Well yea the IPPT/RT is a pain.

    But if not counting RT, I think I'd rather have Z x 1 days of ICT rather than 1 X Z days. ie more low keys are preferable to few high keys.

    If they going to make me have 10 high keys, I think I'd rather take the old system.

    Quote Originally Posted by johnlim
    Though the 3 years of training (low key, only 2 days each) are cancelled, it still gives some relief for me. At least, I don't have to go for IPPT & remedial training after my ten years of NS.
    For those who failed IPPT, they have to go for RT for 2 months and have to take leave from their work to go for the RT. That is very inconvenient and a bloody waste of time.

  15. #55

    Default Re: Training cycle for NSmen to be cut from 13 to 10 years

    Quote Originally Posted by AReality
    Since SAF going hi-tech now, why not just do everything on computer?

    #1 priority, port the IPPT to computer simulation. I see if I can come up with the software to sell to SAF.
    Hey! That's a good idea - over-clock your PC and you surely will get gold award and $400.

  16. #56

    Default Re: Training cycle for NSmen to be cut from 13 to 10 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Shodan99
    Hmm... I haven't been through any reservist yet. So I guess I am a little lucky.
    not to " suey chui "

    me too... haven kana..

    so, it that good or bad ???
    Stress Man @ work... :bigeyes:

  17. #57
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Somewhere out there
    Posts
    183

    Default Re: Training cycle for NSmen to be cut from 13 to 10 years

    let me share with u guys how to siam IPPT.

    get close to the clerks, especially the IPPT one. he/she can 'do something' about it one. my fat fat sergeant no need to take ippt for 3 or 4 years, no RT some more...why??? bcos he 'sacrifice' himself and got close to the clerk (302 type)... let u guys imagine.

    actually not only ippt, it applies to ICT as well, no kidding.

    i finished my 13 year ICT liao, now in MR. no more ippt ---> no more extra money

  18. #58

    Default Re: Training cycle for NSmen to be cut from 13 to 10 years

    Quote Originally Posted by amospi
    In singapore:-)
    Too many good thing = election
    ehh .. maybe ... but in JC ... cos of the elections, the JC is a holding location ... so prelims kenna moved .. .FOWARD!!! ... bad bad

  19. #59
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong, Pokfulam
    Posts
    1,157

    Default Re: Training cycle for NSmen to be cut from 13 to 10 years

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123
    Well someone I know got it when he was 37 years old.
    was he on IHL or something? sometimes those people might just be forgotten by the unit..
    Canon 300D, 30D, 5D. 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L, 70-200 f2.8 L IS

  20. #60
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong, Pokfulam
    Posts
    1,157

    Default Re: Training cycle for NSmen to be cut from 13 to 10 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Yeowww
    let me share with u guys how to siam IPPT.

    get close to the clerks, especially the IPPT one. he/she can 'do something' about it one. my fat fat sergeant no need to take ippt for 3 or 4 years, no RT some more...why??? bcos he 'sacrifice' himself and got close to the clerk (302 type)... let u guys imagine.

    actually not only ippt, it applies to ICT as well, no kidding.

    i finished my 13 year ICT liao, now in MR. no more ippt ---> no more extra money
    no it's not possible to siam now, unless you've been downgraded permanently or you have a long excuse. there is a system to track IPPT and RT attendance, there's no way you can run away, unless there's a glitch. from the clerk's side he can only do minimum to help you. no matter how close you are to the clerk, he cannot help you to siam anything, else he'll be in trouble also.
    Last edited by djork; 12th August 2005 at 11:09 PM.
    Canon 300D, 30D, 5D. 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L, 70-200 f2.8 L IS

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •