Thread: SOS - DIY expert needed

Default SOS - DIY expert needed

Similar to Ihjz's thread (http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...&highlight=DIY) ,
    I hope some kind soul will help me instal a desktop tower asap coz my harddisk crashed two nights ago!
    Me seeking help here since from that thread, it seems like those Bengs at SLS not reliable. Willing to pay the helper a token sum for his work.
    Need this PC strictly for photo editing and storage.
    SOS..... urgent!
    always the Light, .... always.

Default Re: SOS - DIY expert needed

PMed you already.

Also PMed u

lolz just unscrew and take out the dead HDD and screw back a new HDD then install OS. no need to assemble a new rig

Quote Originally Posted by user111
    lolz just unscrew and take out the dead HDD and screw back a new HDD then install OS. no need to assemble a new rig
    but the setup was P3 ... not worth the effort.
    Anyway want to thanks the 5 brudders here who offer their help.
    Yesterday went to SLS and after an hour got more confused with DIY.... so finally decided to cross over to a Mac Mini.
    So far so good but I have a problem with the monitor calibration now ... the photos quality on the screen now are not nice at all compared to when I was using PC... anyone can advise me how to correct the colours? Is there any way I can improve the photos and pictures in the monitor (used back the old LCD one)?

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised
    but the setup was P3 ... not worth the effort.
    Anyway want to thanks the 5 brudders here who offer their help.
    Yesterday went to SLS and after an hour got more confused with DIY.... so finally decided to cross over to a Mac Mini.
    So far so good but I have a problem with the monitor calibration now ... the photos quality on the screen now are not nice at all compared to when I was using PC... anyone can advise me how to correct the colours? Is there any way I can improve the photos and pictures in the monitor (used back the old LCD one)?
    cheap way, go do a search of your LCD monitor profile & install as the profile for the Mac mini. cos the generic profile dun suit your LCD monitor.

for a more expensive & more accurate way, buy a monitor calibration unit...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    cheap way, go do a search of your LCD monitor profile & install as the profile for the Mac mini. cos the generic profile dun suit your LCD monitor.
    Thanks! it works! still not perfect but much improvement.