Thread: Do you extend your warranty?

Default Do you extend your warranty?

Do you guys do that or will just stick to the 1 year warranty that comes with the cam?

Default Re: Do you extend your warranty?

Originally posted by Falcon
    Do you guys do that or will just stick to the 1 year warranty that comes with the cam?
    I just stick to it, or sometimes I don't even send the thing in.... Extended warranty isn't so useful for products like digital cameras which go very obsolete in a year's time.

Regards
    CK

Default Re: Re: Do you extend your warranty?

Originally posted by ckiang

I just stick to it, or sometimes I don't even send the thing in.... Extended warranty isn't so useful for products like digital cameras which go very obsolete in a year's time.

Regards
    CK
    But digicam is quite vulnerable.(at least less hardy that film slr) Might just die off anytime. WOuldn't it be better to extend the warranty?

Default Re: Re: Re: Do you extend your warranty?

But digicam is quite vulnerable.(at least less hardy that film slr) Might just die off anytime. WOuldn't it be better to extend the warranty?
    If you take good care of it, it should last beyond the warranty period. My Coolpix 950 is now rather beat up after 2.5+ years, and it still keeps going and going and going....

Regards
    CK

Default Re: Re: Re: Do you extend your warranty?

you already answer it yourself. digital camera is like computer, it faced-out easily, why still want to extend the warrenty. for PC, hardcore user will buy a new cpu or motherboard every 6 months. they don't care about warrenty.

Because you want to keep it for a couple of years eg. dlsr?

If you intend to hold on/fend off temptations to upgrade your DC for at least a year, then it'll be more worthwhile!