Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 25678 LastLast

Thread: Pentax/Ricoh Monthly Outing - Botanic Garden on 12 Oct 2014 - Post your photos here

Default Re: Pentax/Ricoh Monthly Outing - Botanic Garden on 12 Oct 2014 - Post your photos he

Quote Originally Posted by pentriot View Post
    Hi Marcus,
    Good to know another Pentax veteran. Believe there are many more out there...

My 1st Pentax was K1000 + M50 f/2.0 back in 1977.
    Still have the body...but not sure about the lens...

Can start a thread "My 1st Pentax", for those still holding on to their 1st Pentax and post pics of the cam.....
    My first Pentax SLR was the Z-20 in 1992. Came with the FA28-80 F3.5-4.7 power zoom lens
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2

Default Re: Pentax/Ricoh Monthly Outing - Botanic Garden on 12 Oct 2014 - Post your photos he

Quote Originally Posted by pentriot View Post
    Hi Marcus,
    Good to know another Pentax veteran. Believe there are many more out there...

My 1st Pentax was K1000 + M50 f/2.0 back in 1977.
    Still have the body...but not sure about the lens...

Can start a thread "My 1st Pentax", for those still holding on to their 1st Pentax and post pics of the cam.....
    Hey... don't say so much...
    Waiting for you to start the thread....

Same as Marcus, I started with Pentax.
    Don't see a point leaving it.

I see some folks jump from brand to brand year after year, selling off their stuff (or minimizing ) in the process.
    An elusive chase for the camera system that is the 'winner'.
    IMO, there is none.
    The Pentax lenses (and I have compared to some other brands) are certainly up there.
    Esp so considering size, build and price (not to mention SMC and optical qualities)
    Its just a win some lose some situation with such system changes.
    So sell off the stuff and go to the next is just a lateral move that does not improve me as a photographer.
    Those guy who know me will know that I seldom sell my stuff (already good as any other, so why sell)

Cameras nowadays are already very good for most enthusiast needs.
    Even if Pentax does not make a camera today, a K50, K3 is easily good for the next 10yrs as far as I can see wrt making good images. (unless next time cameras are direct Retina connected to brain chip )
    Anyway, thats nonsense since we are waiting for more good stuff to come in 2015.

Well said bro....i also same very faithful hahah... i started with minolta and kept for quite long but when AF really storm the photography world and minolta changed to A mount, i totally lost and all my md/mc mount all redundant. I sold all thereafter. Very sad really. I started again in 2011 and i choosen with pentax after i do a few months research. I am attracted as their camera and lenses are so compact and easy to carry around. Till now i still stick to pentax as i like it colors produced. Thx pentax for bringing me back my joy again in photography world.
    Last edited by jaiyen; 26th October 2014 at 06:33 PM.

Wah, looks like I'm just a newbie with photography: my first true camera is the Pentax DSLR K-x! Stopped using DSLR and rarely use film SLR these days!

Still have more photos of the outing to share!

Last edited by chipvn; 26th October 2014 at 10:48 PM.
    Flickr | 500px | Sony | Pentax | Ricoh | Epson

Quote Originally Posted by chipvn View Post
    Wah, looks like I'm just a newbie with photography: my first true camera is the Pentax DSLR K-x! Stopped using DSLR and rarely use film SLR these days!

Still have more photos of the outing to share!

the first shot is damn nice. Love to take this type of compo.

marcus

Quote Originally Posted by otc View Post

marcus
    Thanks, Marcus!

chip better come every outing, got much to learn from you but do not poison us ok hahahah
    Sony A7II FE 28 Zeiss 55 FE 90 Sigma 150-600C

Bro chipvn nice macro u have...thumbs up

Bro chip poison u with A7 haha

Quote Originally Posted by overworked View Post
    Bro chip poison u with A7 haha
    Pentaxian for Life

And his 55 f1.8 hahaha
    Sony A7II FE 28 Zeiss 55 FE 90 Sigma 150-600C

Thank you, Simon and Joe!

No no no ... I'm actually harmless! So are my gears!

You can see that in these OOC Jpeg wide open shot @1.8 photos, right ...! ha ha ...

You can see that in these OOC Jpeg wide open shot @1.8 photos, right ...! ha ha ...

Wahhh sniper sia....hahaha nice shots

Chip you just point and shoot ah?
    Pentaxian for Life

Quote Originally Posted by felixcat8888 View Post
    Chip you just point and shoot ah?
    Felix, Oop.... I thought all cameras need to point to before can shoot! hi hi ....

Need to focus and re-compose, lor!

Quote Originally Posted by otc View Post

marcus
    Agree. I like the first one as well...
    At first glance, I thought it's somebody's finger, lol.

I guess still hv bro fw not posted yet.....hmmm

Captured during the chit chat section after the macro hunting section. I'm trying the Kodachrome 64 film simulation!

Stepping to the World

Captured during the chit chat section after the macro hunting section. I'm trying the Kodachrome 64 film simulation!

Stepping to the World

The colours look like Ricoh GR - Positive Film feel.. hehe

Quote Originally Posted by ranchy View Post
    The colours look like Ricoh GR - Positive Film feel.. hehe
    Yah, Kodachrome is positive as well. But GR could not have such kind of grains! hi hi ...

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 25678 LastLast