aiyo, guys, let someone with 1st hand info tells you, ie me, ha ha ha.
1) went to shoot expo mrt station on the day the memorial service for the killer wave & a dog show was held @ the expo, together with louis, fellow cser. both of us were arm with full photo gear (those who know me knows). using dslr.
2) shot standing inside, laying on the floor inside, outside, front, back, left, right, across the road , up the slope........ basically all over, with all the police element around (of cause mah, it a big event.)
3) when we were alomst done, the police finally suround louis & begin questioning him, yes, HE WAS SURROUNDED!!
4) when i walk back into the station, saw this situation, before they come to me, i go to them quite street smart ya? no, because somehow, i always get spot check by police (those who know me knows).
5) lucky was using dlsr, we showed them the photos, they call in some high level CID (may be from ISA, who knows?). copied down particulars, including company info, where the company, how long i work there, what position i held there......... for a full 1/2 hour.
6) during which, we were still treated with respect, excpet that we had shot overnight, so very tired, decided to sit down on the floor, chit chat with the regular police in blue while the CID make some calls (guess they must have relise i already have a thick file with them, ha ha ha.)
7) CID goes off, did demand us to delete photos nor stop shooting. just that the police in blue ask us politely, if we can go shoot somewhere else. since we were treated with respect in the whole incident, we decided to comply, not wanting to make things difficult for them, their have a job to do lar.
well, i agree that having proper papers does help you to aviod unneccessary trouble. me and louis got out ok does not means you can. it just that the probabily realise they have a very thick file about me for shooting in wired hour all over singapore.